WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

'Useless'

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Every day almost, I get called useless by my dad and it really gets to me.
It's not cos i'm useless, i try my hardest to do everything around the house, be really happy each day and always try to help him whenever i can. But apperantly it still isnt enough.
Also he always seems to get mad at me for tiny things. Urgh! it's so stressful.

I don't know what to do anymore and its really getting me down. :(

If you really have to have a go at me for this thread, then so be it, kick me when im down, everyone else does.

People always expect more from you than what you give. Try not to let it get you down too much... I know it's hard, but as long as you know that you try your best, you should stay happy with that. Just keep ranting about it here. Anyone who pays you out about this is just sad.

Hang in there!

slipknott

Clitpickle
Instead of holding all that shit in, let his dumb ass know that your not a slave and you are trying your best to keep his lazy ass happy. What you need to do is TELL HIM! (get mad if you have to) Just show him that your not a puppet! :mad:

If he gets mad at you for tiny mistakes than that is most likely misplaced rage.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Also.. what annoys me is that how im trying to fucking find a job to help with the money aspect.. which is pretty damn kind of me.. as i dont ACTUALLY have to but, i wanna help.
Also we had a huge fight today and he didnt talk to me for 4 HOURS! All because i ask questions 'in a mood' do i fuck!!!! :thumbsdn:

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
if he calls you useless you might as well stop doing stuff...my dad works out of town so i keep the house up during the week when hes gone. he called me useless so i just stoped caring about everything...it only took about a week for him to apologize.

gettoyo50

The One And Only
i think that ur father is insecure about something, so hes taking it out on the weak(you) i think you need to talk to him, either that or yell at him. do something tell him that if he keeps treating you this way you are gonna grow up to be an emotional wreck. and u will, u need to stop it, theres no way around it, u just have to, so u can be happy in the future...

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
But whenever i talk to him about it or yell at him... and trust me i have done this a many times.. he just says 'well you think you do enough and i dont think you do enough, fine then we have different thoughts blah blah blah' !!!!! :(

gettoyo50

The One And Only
meh_it_all said:
But whenever i talk to him about it or yell at him... and trust me i have done this a many times.. he just says 'well you think you do enough and i dont think you do enough, fine then we have different thoughts blah blah blah' !!!!! :(
tell him if he thinks you dont do enough fine.. just dont yell at you and call u useless, hes gonna ruin your self esteem. trust me, my fathers an alchoholic, he used to come home and beat me and call me a faggot and shit like that. i realized that if i dont stop it im gonna be an emotional wreck for the rest of my life. he punched me one day and i swung back, conected, and knocked him out, he hasnt touched me or even yelled at me that much since.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
My mums an acoholic, she tried to brake my dad down, cos she was jealous of me and my dad's friendship... she tried to throw him in jail and shit.. anyways... she mentally abused me for awhile... but my dad is really always fucking stressed out and moody nowadays, its fucking annoying now...and i told him that it really upset me to call me useless, and he said he would stop.. and then 4 weeks later.. he started again... i guess he forgot.. and now hes the one calling me depressed hmmm... i wonder why :(

gettoyo50

The One And Only
see? hes got problems of his own, and hes taking it out on you. find out whats bothering him and try to talk to him about it. tell him you care, u want to help, all that good stuff. but try ur best

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
All the stuff i said was 8 years ago now... but.. i always listen to him, i talk to him everyday about whats going on.. etc etc.. and he always tells him whats bothering him...

gettoyo50

The One And Only
try asking him what else he wants you to do? if that doesnt work try avoiding him as much as possible. thats all i can offer

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Family Counselor? It may seem like a "pussy" way out, but you can't disregard something that could potentially fix a relationship like the one between you and your father.

Also, how old are you? If you are legal, don't think that you have to put up with this.

And, if you feel as though you'd be better off without your father, and your mother wherever she may be, you can always have a judge make that descision, and you can "divorce" your family.

You've got options to improve your own self-worth and happiness, i'm sure you'll be fine if you got a competant head on your shoulders.

try harder...do something to prove you are useful and show him you can do it!