WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

User selectable styles

Jung

???
Premium
I was wondering if the default style could be enabled for users to choose. I'm not really fond of how this style doesn't scale to the screen size. I run 1280x1024 and the forum is stuck in 800x600, possibly less; I'm just guessing. I also though that template mods may be the reason this is disabled, if so I understand. If that's the case, could this style be set to 100% in the style options? I honestly hate the vBB 3.0 default style, but having a full screen window would be nice.

I could've swore that Default was an option at one time. Maybe I'm confised though.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Well they would have to change the Banner up top ( i hate that thing ), Change the buttons up top, change the buttons bottom change the user Cp buttons. I think it would be cool, but kinda unnecessary

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
That would let us personalize it, would be neat. I'd vote for it, though they'd have to have more than just a couple different options.. Like colors and stuff? Maybe in the future..

Jung

???
Premium
[sky] said:
Well they would have to change the Banner up top ( i hate that thing ), Change the buttons up top, change the buttons bottom change the user Cp buttons. I think it would be cool, but kinda unnecessary
No it wouldn't, not if they just offered the default one as an option. The banner at the top is scaled to 70% probably, like the style; it would only need changing if they scale the style to 100%. Even then it'd only be the picture that would need editing, the rest is embedded in the style. There is a setting inside admincp of vBulletin to scale the style to a percent of the page, the style fits the settting it's scaled for. The only thing that would need resizing would be the wtf banner. With that in mind, is why I first asked for the adbility to select default, which is an entirely different style.

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
In 1280x1024 mode most people rarely maximize the window as they like some of the desktop visible, or a chat window, or work with alot of browser windows (except on tabbed browsers that wouldn't matter).. So we look the best with an open window measuring 800px-1000px in width at this time..

However, beginning in early 2005 we're going to completely revamp the look of this site once again (since this site is unfortunately getting increasingly popular on the net -- an experiment gone wrong! WTF?) At that time we're hoping to allow the option for exactly what you are asking for so stay tuned..

Jung

???
Premium
I guess I'm weird about the full screen thing. Still, it's nice to have a style set to 100%, so it scales to the browser window. Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Jason if your planning on changing the site around. get a new banner!

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
[sky] said:
Jason if your planning on changing the site around. get a new banner!
And remove all the users...

shep

Local alcoholic
Broken said:
Where the hell am I supposed to hang out then?
I'll be sure to save you a spot in the beer tent :thumbsup:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
shep said:
I'll be sure to save you a spot in the beer tent :thumbsup:
I hope it's close to the whiskey barrel. I would hate to get lost on my way home. Stumbled into GF's Tent.