WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Utah man pays $82 fine in pennies

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Clickin on the link says I gotta sign up and stuff... which I really don't feel like doing. But on the same note, one feller in my home area, bought a new truck with quarters.

ha ha in quarters? wow how many was that? and is that like a world record or something?

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
junglizm said:
Where did you get quarters from?

From my post jung.

brainwashmonkey said:
Clickin on the link says I gotta sign up and stuff... which I really don't feel like doing. But on the same note, one feller in my home area, bought a new truck with quarters.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
thats an idea....if we could coordinate a nation wide policy of paying all trivial fines in pennies, it could be the most hillarious act of civil dis-obedience ever. Only i dont think its dis-obedient to pay in pennies. w/e its still funny

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Speaking of pennies, I'm trying to find enough for a pop down at the gas station. :rolleyes:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Smoke said:
Speaking of pennies, I'm trying to find enough for a pop down at the gas station. :rolleyes:
Look between the cushions, where pop sits.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
Look between the cushions, where pop sits.
Tried it, I came up with 84 cents. I need a dollar to get a pop. lol.

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
Smoke said:
Tried it, I came up with 84 cents. I need a dollar to get a pop. lol.
Do they have a "take a penny" tray down there?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
brainwashmonkey said:
Do they have a "take a penny" tray down there?
Yeah, but its all gone.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
thats funny... only problem I see is that the point he is trying to prove will be at the expense of others that have to count all of those pennies... and have to deal with situation when they are just clerks doing their job.. its like a punishment for him... now if the cop had to pay it then it would be different...
.... guess he wouldn't have a point to prove if he woulda just bought a new $6 headlight....

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
It's not so hard to count pennies, just use a counting machine. All banks have them, and they wrap the coins too.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I would have done the same thing, its a penny, a coin the government gives us, so were going to use it god damn it!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
thats funny... only problem I see is that the point he is trying to prove will be at the expense of others that have to count all of those pennies... and have to deal with situation when they are just clerks doing their job.. its like a punishment for him... now if the cop had to pay it then it would be different...
.... guess he wouldn't have a point to prove if he woulda just bought a new $6 headlight....
I see your point, but the counter point would be that it is his or her job to receive fines and count them. We are paying them to do just that. As long as it's legal tender.

And with that, it's off to the Issues with this thread.