WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Validation

Do you validate?

• Yes, passing the standards is a must.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, displaying the page correctly is most important

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Validation?

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I don't know how many of y'all out there design websites, or whatever. But I am curious to know how many of y'all think that validation by the W3C is important.

Personaly, I think that validation is not that important, though it is quite nifty to have a working page that validates.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Jung

???
Premium
I think validation is important, as it promotes good design and interoperable sites. I validate my XHTML (transitional) and CSS for every page I create. I guess I'm a stickler for semantic design though; I hate tables, and CSS hacks too.

On a side note: Has anyone had problems validating XHTML (Transitional) docs with embedded PHP? The XML version and XMLNS always fail for me, and subsequently force it to parse some PHP. :eek:
PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml1" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
I want to provide a trackback to my validiation page, so I can't validate with out those identifiers.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm retarded.
PHP:
<?php echo '<?xml_version="1.0"_encoding="UTF-8"?>'; ?>