WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Vanishing Earing...

Okay, two months ago, I got my seccond holes done in my ears, and I've been having majour problems ever since. Ie - infections. So, anyway - today I woke up in the morning, and was standing infrount of the mirror. I was checking out my ears (because they were hurting), and one of my earings was missing. But, only the stud was missing, and the backing was still there? I was like "wtf?". And I felt my ear... turnd out the stud on my ear had "submerged" or "lodged" itself right inside my ear.

I totally freeked out and ran down the stairs yelling "Dad, we gotta go to the hospital, my earring freekin' lodged inside my ear!!" The caring father he is he said - "No way, I'll fix you" so I let him look at my ear, and he freekin' shoved the stud right back through. The whole time my brother was pissin' his pants laughing. It fuckin' hurt deadly like... I even cried. Needless to say, that was an excellent start to my day :)

~Jessica~ :thumbsup:

Update: My dad took me to the hospital after school. Guess he just did'nt want me to miss school. He took me for the "infection". Got this stingy stuff for my ear... again - owwies!

Dave666

Pot-Head
I know how that feels, last week my second hole was purple with yellow shit coming out of it and smelled like ass.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Heh.

I work at a place where we peirce people's ears. The purple is probably the marker they use to mark it. It comes out every once in a while. No shit what they yellow stuff was...

But anyways, you confirmed my worst fears. Thats why I never buy really small studs.

Dave666

Pot-Head
polaris_nine said:
Heh.

I work at a place where we peirce people's ears. The purple is probably the marker they use to mark it. It comes out every once in a while. No shit what they yellow stuff was...
I forgot to say that my ear was stretched, and instead of waiting two months to go to the next size i waited a week. Before that it was pierced for about three months.

Suprisingle enough, the studs are really kinda big... I dunno - bad luck I guess. Maybe I just slept on my ear funny. It wasn't purple... just red! *youchies*

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
polaris_nine said:
Heh.

But anyways, you confirmed my worst fears. Thats why I never buy really small studs.
Probably, puss? Infection.. It happens, my ears are perfectly fine when I get them pierced, (had them done twice now) but when I got my belly done, it fucked up and I had to take it out, Now I'm left with a scar.

Scars are the new piercings. :)

Lol, I told my dad I wanted a tatoo in the small of my back... and he said "No way - get a brading (like a farm animal?). Nobody will have a branding! Now, that's brave!" Oh course, you think he was kidding - but he wasnt... no shit. You know your parent loves you when he wants to burn a mark into your flesh :)
p.s. - My ear's almost all better! *score* *Oh - Snap!*

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Jessica43999 said:
Lol, I told my dad I wanted a tatoo in the small of my back... and he said "No way - get a brading (like a farm animal?). Nobody will have a branding! Now, that's brave!" Oh course, you think he was kidding - but he wasnt... no shit. You know your parent loves you when he wants to burn a mark into your flesh :)
p.s. - My ear's almost all better! *score* *Oh - Snap!*

don't touch those ears now *tiny slap on hand*
i have 4earrings and one bellybutton ring, it's hell if they get infected.
the yellow gue is just white bloodcells that have died...with other shit.

Nag about the tatoo(if you really want one), and consider loong if you want one and what kind of you want to..id advice you to make a thing so it has the spine open for injection (if/when) your giving birth to a baby you can take a injection through the lowerback spine, but not if you have a tatoo in the way...and I'd advice..make the tatoo so you can have that injection..it wont hurt as much then when you give birht to a wonderful slimy baby that yells as hell.. but babies are cute;)

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Ah, that happened to me last Jan when I got my ears repierced. Just pushing it back through did the trick...Yeah it hurt, but it was better than having the skin close with the stud still trapped inside. Didn't need to go to the doctor or anything. I just cleaned more often, and the infection cleared up within a week.

Thanks. The swelling has gone down already, and we're looking pretty good. Only thing is - i could'nt sleep last night because I did'nt want a repeat of before - im just being paranoid though.
As far as my tatoo goes - if i ever did get one I would want it in the small of my back. I think that's the most flattering place. I'd get one around my belly-button... but if i ever got pregnant that could really fuck it up. So, i dunno...

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Ugh, but the small of the back is so overdone. Seriously, every girl I've met with a tattoo has had it done in that place.

Although, if you're sure that's where it will look best, get it there. I guess it's overdone for a reason.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
I was considering it, but Arg, I'm never getting my ears pierced now.

Anyone have that shit happen where the earring is so heavy it rips through your ear? :thumbsdn:

Dave666

Pot-Head
ine are so heavy that ny hole is oblong, but I have half inch plugs in my first hole.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
bombchu said:
I was considering it, but Arg, I'm never getting my ears pierced now.

Anyone have that shit happen where the earring is so heavy it rips through your ear? :thumbsdn:

you should consider it again ;)
my first 2 where shot, others pierced with a needle..you should take small loops(?) u know rings..then they can't vanish into you ears and it's easier to clean the ear if it get's a but guie :)

well...then you should have really really heavy earrings.. My holes have become
so big I can put a bellybuttonring through them..but I'm not going any bigger..it wouldnt suit me...but on someppl it lookes great :)

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
That's the kind of shit that happens when you get your ears pierced with a gun at the mall instead of with a needle by a piercing professional. The stud used by the gun is duller, so it rips through the tissue, which leads to higher chances of infection, which raises the chances that something seriously bad could happen. http://www.ghorayeb.com/EarPiercingComplications2.html

Anyone who reads this and is considering ear piercings (or any other piercings for that matter) - go to the pros. It's more expensive, but you'll be so much happier with the results.

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
Does anyone know of a site that lists locations of professional piercers?

I'm looking to get my tongue and nipples done at some point, and even if they did that at the mall I would NEVER get it done there.

I got mine done witha pericing gun, and maybe that's why it fucked up... as far as my ears holes "getting so big that the earing falls out" I don't wear heavy earrings. Anthough, i do wear huge hoops! Gotta love the hoops!