WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Vice-presidential debates

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Who saw it and what did you think?
I thought it was more evenly matched than Kerry against Bush. Bush could have done better by just answering everything with "Shut up doody head".
"Magic Dick" seemed to be a bit more competent as a (mas)debater.

One thing that struck me though, as a poor attempt at digging out, was his response to the lack of evidence of Iraq's ties with Al-Quida.

He also went on with the tired, worn-out rhetoric about "Now the world is a better place without Sadam".
If that is the case, and we attacked Iraq to make the world a better place by removing a leader like Sadam; then by that logic, we need to attack many more countries to dethrone their leaders as well.

In all, I thought both Johnny and Dickey, did a fairly good job. At least neither came out looking like a drooling retard.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I watched and am going to watch all the debates.. Presidental and Vice Pres.

I thought the presidental debate was interesting to watch, Kerry drilled Bush with failure points, kind of got him heated up a couple occasions..

The Vice Pres. debates were better to watch in my opinion.. Edwards and Chan (I call him chan) were sitting pretty much right next to each other. I thought Edwards comment on Chan's daughter was.. "Nice" and all, but he said it only because it looked good to the public/people, and so chan wouldn't get on his ass.. They were in the middle of a question and chan decided to bring up edwards record, it was such a slam, they were in the middle of answering and she was like "Ok your 30 second response". And he just nailed off diss after slam about edwards history.. Then he went and answered the question.. You could actually see Edwards smile just turn stiff as he was listing the crap off, I think it shocked him..

As for my views on politics, I'll hold off since this is concerning the debates for presidency and such..

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
It was fairly evenly matched, but I thought Edwards came out ahead.

Cheney had a mis-directing cheap shot with "how can you look down on the sacrafices of the Iraqi people". Oh you mean after we went in to kill them?

Sometimes Cheney wouldn't answer the question at all, like the one about jobs & poverty in Cleveland, and he went on and on about "No Child Left Behind". Yeah, that's really coming together...

Too bad there is not another one for the VP's.

tzedek

Original Member

i doubt this pic works we well see...

anyway, in case you didnt notice that is a pic of Edwards sitting next to Cheney at a breakfast back in '01. Anyone remember Cheney saying that the debate was the first time he had ever seen Edwards?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
bah.. who cares when it's all done it will be Dick ~n~ Bush..

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tzedek said:

i doubt this pic works we well see...

anyway, in case you didnt notice that is a pic of Edwards sitting next to Cheney at a breakfast back in '01. Anyone remember Cheney saying that the debate was the first time he had ever seen Edwards?
Cheney, lying sack of shit...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
VOR said:
Sometimes Cheney wouldn't answer the question at all, like the one about jobs & poverty in Cleveland, and he went on and on about "No Child Left Behind". Yeah, that's really coming together...
and most of the time Ed wouldn't answer the question.. he would usually go back to past questions.. and even interupted Dick... and in despiration threw out the dreaded words "haliburton", "corporation", and "big drug"...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
and most of the time Ed wouldn't answer the question.. he would usually go back to past questions.. and even interupted Dick... and in despiration threw out the dreaded words "haliburton", "corporation", and "big drug"...
You forgot the "Your daughter's a lesbian" comment

Ignorance!

Banned - What an Asshat!
eyp[

I think that, all and all, the 'charly' and 'eddy' had more to say than kerry and bush! More direct and less pumped full of subtle propaganda.

tzedek

Original Member
Ignorance! said:
I think that, all and all, the 'charly' and 'eddy' had more to say than kerry and bush! More direct and less pumped full of subtle propaganda.

who??

Dick is just a blatant liar. Funny thing to me was a pundent saying, "You've got to respect Cheney for sticking to his story." When you prove that someone is a liar and he won't admit it, you don't admire him ... you should mock him.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
blah blah blah.. cheny liar... blah blah... kerry good... blah blah.. big business.. blah blah.. rich people... blah blah... health care.. blah blah... michael moore rox... blah blah... Kerry is consistent.. blah...

one of my more inteligent posts... :thumbsup:

tzedek

Original Member
whatever said:
Dick is just a blatant liar. Funny thing to me was a pundent saying, "You've got to respect Cheney for sticking to his story." When you prove that someone is a liar and he won't admit it, you don't admire him ... you should mock him.
no politician is a blantant liar... but its always fun to make fun of them when their lies come out of the woodwork... :thumbsup: