WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Victory over cigarettes.

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Today marks my 6 month victory over cigarettes. By that I mean, six months without smoking at all.

I am announcing this over the internet since all of my friends smoke and have been pressuring me to smoke since I quit, therefore they give even less of a shit about this than you people do.

I smoked for 8 years, and after I had to have an operation to remove a tumor from my uterus, I decided to quit smoking (self-preservation and all). So here I am, about a year and a half since my operation, cancer-free and now smoke free as well.

I realize that this has a sort of bragging tone to it, but I feel that I've earned it.

I'm not going to start acting like those fucking "truth" ads (which I have always loathed), but seriously, if you smoke and you've ever thought about quitting; it's a lot of work, but very worth it.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Good job switch. I quit last Monday. Thus, I'm going on 10 days. :thumbsup:

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
pretty cool dude, i tried quitting a couple times, it just never worked out for me.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
way to go. i advocate quittin the cigs to anyone but myself. of course, i only plan on smokin until im out of school, then, i wont really have any need to. I rarely smoke sober as it is, its more of social thing than anything else. Plus my new girlfriend doesnt like it, so i guess ill be cutting back as it is. I smoke about 1/4 a pack a day right now.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, I quit smoking 4 times a day for 2 hours. Does that count?

*lights up a marb*

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
they say cig smoking is the toughest thing one can be addicted to and give up.
well done all of you brave hearted, cranky, but healthy people! ;)

</rant>

Tenderony
Im on 5 days. But I always lapse at the weekends then none during the week again. Don't really smoke cigs, couple of spliffs at the weekend does me.

</rant>

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Good news everyone. (or bad news for those who wish lung cancer on me). I agreed to a 40 day trial period of no smoking. My suitemates didnt think i could do it, and kept saying i was addicted and such. I told them to fuck off, I could whenever I wanted. They said, " oh yeah? go 40 days without a cigarette and ill believe you." So I agreed.

Starting yesterday, 40 days until I can smoke again. (they said nothing about weed. whew.)

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Good job, quitters.

Good luck, tbsrk.

Etc, etc.

Easty

Click click boom
way to be you guys, keep it up. it'll certainly help you out financially later on :thumbsup:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
10 stars said:
pretty cool dude, i tried quitting a couple times, it just never worked out for me.
You got caged? hahahaah fucking hillarious..

Anyway, good job for quitting switch.

Never smoked a cigarette in my life. I'm proud of you for quitting.

And in the state of Rhode Island, the smoking ban starts today! Finally!

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
*5 days and counting*

:D BOW BEFORE ME FOR I AM THE KING OF THE NICOTINE CONTROL..

Fuck those patches
Fuck that gum
Don't need stogies
Want some rum.

The end.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Cigs arn't addictive no way. (Looking at the empty pack.) I just want to kill my cousin if he doesn't hurry up and get back from the store for the fun of it.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
My victory over cigarettes is, that in 5 minutes (or so) this cigarette will be no more.

Good job man, I went all last week without smoking for the hell of it.

Out of my friends, i was first to start smoking. My dad had the tobacco, the rollie papers, filters, and one day just thought yea why not. Soon after my friends started. 12 months later i just stopped. Got bored of it. I just simply seen no point in smoking. Can any smokers here tell me why they smoke? Calms you down? Something to do?