WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Visual Styles++;

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I updated to an "Aero" Theme today, and I love it. (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19519681/) Pretty freaking sleek. Anyway, the VS came with all sorts of other goodies; mainly file-replacements for Mydocs.dll, Shell32.dll, Explorer.exe, Notepad, MSPaint, Calc, etc. Is it safe to replace said files (I know that replacing system files is always risky, but hey, what the hell)? Is there a program out there to do it for me (I am lazy :p )? Does anyone replace said files on a regular basis?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
swizeguy said:
Yeah that looks cool. Now how the hell do I use it????? :confused:
To apply the style, you'll need to patch the UXTheme.dll file (I think that that isthe name). There are countless applications that will do it for you. The one I use can be found Here.

Jung

???
Premium
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Does anyone replace said files on a regular basis?
No, I usually stick to this one visual style, it's fine without all the other stuff. You should be able to replace those file in safe mode though, just make backups first.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i hate deviantart it never loads for me. it takes 10 minutes to load one picture. my computer isnt all that slow nor is my connection... so due to process of elimination i must blame the stupid deviantart site

but... after it did load... :thumbsup:

Shine

Blowing up my pants
And it's made in France. Glad to know that something in the world isn't made in china.