WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Vote!

tzedek

Original Member
yes everyone please vote and encourage others to vote. :thumbsup:

morelos

lexicon incognito
no fucking shit. everyone needs to vote.

there's a neat rule about voting:

you don't have to be 18 to register. you are able to register any time when the next upcoming election in your area will take place after you turn 18. i registered when i was just barely 17.

~ dan ~

bigdouth

Surprisingly Stupid
Our government teacher in high school had us register for extra credit. I think that's something more teachers should look into.

morelos

lexicon incognito
that's a great idea. should i EVER GET ANOTHER FUCKING JOB i'll do that for my math students!

~ dan ~

I ain't voting for shit...

and our election already happened... didn't vote in that one either

morelos

lexicon incognito
unforgiven said:
I ain't voting for shit...

and our election already happened... didn't vote in that one either
so you confess to not helping at all?

magnolia

Postaholic
only reason u didn't vote was cuz u were late. :p

And I didn't know that I could register while I'm still 17. I'll have to do that right away. :cool:

I cant even register. Seems stupid anyways. I get sooo ticked off from the late calls at midnight saying "Vote For (Name here), and such and such will happen blah blah blah." its friggen gay

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
I'd love to vote. I'm 19. But:

1) I refuse to vote until America recognizes my full rights as an adult. (that means, legally purchasing alcohol. If im going to be drafted and fight for my country, I better damn well be able to buy a drink)

2) I'd love to see Democracy, but i will settle for a Republic. However, I dont want Kerry or Bush to make any of my decisions. I'll vote when I like a candidate, or maybe if i really like one of his cabinet members. (IE: Colin Powell). I havnt made my mind up on Edwards.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tbsrk said:
I'd love to vote. I'm 19. But:

1) I refuse to vote until America recognizes my full rights as an adult. (that means, legally purchasing alcohol. If im going to be drafted and fight for my country, I better damn well be able to buy a drink).
Right, you don't deserve a say in our government, because you can't buy alcohol legally. Good thinkin'

tbsrk said:
2) I'd love to see Democracy, but i will settle for a Republic. However, I dont want Kerry or Bush to make any of my decisions. I'll vote when I like a candidate, or maybe if i really like one of his cabinet members. (IE: Colin Powell). I havnt made my mind up on Edwards.
Yes, base your choice for President on a member of their cabinet. oK

But then again you're not voting anyway, so, it doesn't really matter, right? That's probably a good thing. Dumbass...

everybody should register to vote or we'll end up with a retarded pres. again