WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

W-Ketchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an alternative to Heinz ketchup, since Kerry's wife is Teresa Heinz, some republicans have put together this little diddy.

"You don't support Democrats. Why should your ketchup?"

W-ketchup... what the shit. Guess it's for your Freedom Fries.

And honestly... anyone stupid enough to actually go out and buy this needs to have their balls devoured by tiny flying pirranhas. Alternatively, if you're a chick stupid enough to buy this product, I hope you accidentally rape yourself by falling on a metal pole.

Idiocy.

magnolia

Postaholic
That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. What fucktards. OO. I was in the drivethrough today after work and the guy in front of me had a Bush election sticker. I wanted to scream at him, Bush sucks ass, fucktard! But I didn't. :( Sorry, back on topic.

Hey... they can support Bush if they want. and I will pile disdain on them and roll my eyes.

But to reduce politics to ketchup wars? Give me a goddamn break. The running of the free world shouldn't be simplefied down to tomato-paste preference jingoism.

morelos

lexicon incognito
bty said:
Hey... they can support Bush if they want. and I will pile disdain on them and roll my eyes.

But to reduce politics to ketchup wars? Give me a goddamn break. The running of the free world shouldn't be simplefied down to tomato-paste preference jingoism.
it shouldn't? it seems almost perfect. there's THIS ketchup and there's THAT ketchup. perfect.

there's THIS political party and there's THAT political party, and you'd better align or you just won't go anywhere.

two soda companies, two personal computing platforms, two railroads, etc etc

~ dan ~

buuuuuuuuut the dumb part is that kerry's wife is only a minor shareholder. she has no influence over the company. i bet a lot, and i mean A FUCKING LOT of these people's portfolios include heinz or its parent company or whatever.

lol. in fact, i think i'm gonna look up its parent company.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Well I happen to prefer Bush to Kerry ... but I think the Ketchup idea is kinda stupid and it hurts employees of Hienz... I don't believe Teraza Teresa Tareeezza... or what ever her name is still gets money from them.. didn't she sell it... not sure... but if she did then it is hurting the 23% of Hienz's American workforce :thumbsdn:

dumbest Idea since the purple/green ketchup... even though I tried some...

morelos said:
it shouldn't? it seems almost perfect. there's THIS ketchup and there's THAT ketchup. perfect.

there's THIS political party and there's THAT political party, and you'd better align or you just won't go anywhere.

two soda companies, two personal computing platforms, two railroads, etc etc

~ dan ~
Agreed, the two party system is shit, but it's what we're stuck with. They're so deeply rooted it's hard to do much about it... at the moment. But, at the time, we ought to do the goddamn best we can to keep it from slipping back further.

Rogue third party canidates won't do much more than play spoiler. While I support third parties, especially at the local level, it's none too smart to go for one in a time as crucial as this. Especially a sack of human feces egotist like Nader.

If one were to work through the system, perhaps push for Instant Run-off Voting through interest group ads and lobbying, we would have a slower time of success, but one with some sense of hope.

And that was probably way too thought out for the Bait & Tackle forum.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
buuuuuuuuut the dumb part is that kerry's wife is only a minor shareholder. she has no influence over the company. i bet a lot, and i mean A FUCKING LOT of these people's portfolios include heinz or its parent company or whatever

errr... three more minutes and I wouldn't have posted this part

I don't believe Teraza Teresa Tareeezza... or what ever her name is still gets money from them.. didn't she sell it

ohhh well ...

~the other Dan~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Why is it that everyone makes fun of people who like Bush, but yet, Kerry is much fucking worse than Bush is, so anyone who would like to make fun of those who support Bush, go fuck yourselves. :mfinger:

morelos

lexicon incognito
bullshyt said:
Why is it that everyone makes fun of people who like Bush, but yet, Kerry is much fucking worse than Bush is, so anyone who would like to make fun of those who support Bush, go fuck yourselves.
:bs:

how are you judging your candidates? not by intellect, nor by patriotism, nor by service to their countries. you're not judging by performance in office, either, unless to say that dumbly staying along the same close-minded path of invading countries and blaming others is good performance.

anyway, i'm shutting up now.

dangeo: sorry for the overlap there.

bty - no such thing as 'too thought out.' i think part of the problem is kids aren't exposed to the mechanics of politics at an early age. if we really cared about democracy and our 'ideals' then we'd be preaching it to our kids and getting them interested in becoming involved with the processes. they'd be more autonomous about sorting through information, culturing their own political belief systems and voting accordingly.

blar

~ dan ~

Bullshyt's my name!!! Bullshit's my game!!!
The truth is in the signature. Out, damn spot, out!

morelos, I don't mean to sound like I'm servicing you or sucking up, but you're one of the more intelligent people I have come across thusfar.

morelos

lexicon incognito
bty said:
morelos, I don't mean to sound like I'm servicing you or sucking up, but you're one of the more intelligent people I have come across thusfar.
thanks much :D however you've only been around for a day; give it a while and my stupidity rings true.

i will say this, though: i aspire to intellect in my actions and my thoughts, and i think others should, too; that's why i strive for it. nothing is too well thought-out. only not well enough. call me a pessimist, but i see it as "constant room for growth."

~ dan ~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
better than you said:
The truth is in the signature. Out, damn spot, out!

You don't have a fucking clue what my signature stands for.

Bullshyt said:
You don't have a fucking clue what my signature stands for.
I probably don't. But I chose to take it at face value, and adapt it to my own personal ends. Being, making the assumption you're full of shit on politics.

I'm sure you're a very reasonable and entertaining person on other things. And your signature might be quite nifty, in some way I'm missing.

But bullshit is indeed your game on this topic.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
You want to know how I really view politics?

Well: The Bush administration has done an okay job with all this. Since 2000, there have been rough times in the world. And on September 11th, that all changed, obviously. But I mean, with all that crap that Bush had to deal with, he did to a farely good job with it, I mean, nobody would have done a good job. Whoever was president at the time of attacks would have been criticized for all of it, but it just so happens that Bush was there, and many Americans need someone to blame, even if there isn't anyone to blame, so they go to Bush. Oil has gone up tremendously, but how is this any different than the gas shortage of 1973? Shit, it was worse then, and so was the economy. There was no terrorist attack, I mean the Vietnam war was coming to a close, but that really didn't have an effect on the economy as much as the terrorists attacks did. Yeah, I know that Bush isn't perfect, not even close, but neither is anyone else. He did do the right thing by going into war, you can't just get bitch slapped and take it. That's what Bush was thinking when he went into war. Since 2001, believe it or not, but the economy has slowly risen, not much, but it has. There could have been some terrible times if there was someone in office who didn't have a clue as of what they are doing. We easily could have hit right near a depression, not at it, but too close for comfort. Personally I think the Bush adminstration has done a fine job, could have been better yes, but it could have worse. Think about it.

That's a nice sentiment, but...

Okay, before I go into this, I want you to know that the earlier jab was just for shits and giggles. And I do respect your right to your opinion. And I'm going to lay out mine, along with some facts, and I hope you'll read it and take it into serious consideration.

When you get right down to it... no, Bush didn't do a good job. And people aren't just looking for someone to blame. If you'll remember, directly after the attacks, and a long time afterwards, he had a tremendous surge of popularity. At the start, he looked like he was going to be a lame duck president, no one really liked him that much. But we all felt it was our duty to get behind our leader after we'd been hit.

The entire world was behind America. We had an unprecedented amount of support. In France, which everyone loves to hate now, the headline that day was "We Are All Americans Now". They were crying in Paris. And Germany. And everyone we have such animosity with now. Granted there were exceptions, on a person by person basis, but the majority of the world, most all human beings, they were on our side. We had sympathy, and support.

I grant you, going to war in Afghanistan was justified. This is obvious, entirely. We didn't do it right though. We didn't put enough boots on the ground, and we didn't get Osama when we had him boxed in. No one has a shit idea of where he is now, although Bush has put pressure on Pakistan to find him "before the election". Draw what conclusions from that you will.

The number of boots we've left where the Taliban was is pitiable compared to the number we've sent to Iraq. Iraq, who posed no threat to us. Iraq who had nothing to do with 9/11, Iraq who had no ties to Al Qaeda.

That was a frivlous war that had nothing to do with the people who hurt us except the color of their skin. and that's no reason.

15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabians, but they're our best friends. The Bush family has nicknamed their prince Bandar Bush. They just recently offered a one month amnesty to terrorists who turn themselves in.

We told the rest of the world to fuck off when they told us not to go into Iraq. These people that we hate, and joke about now, they were being friends. A good friend tells you when you're about to do something really idiotic. And there was nothing in Iraq worth spending lives over. No WMDs, no threat. No intriciate terrorist support group.

Getting back to the Sauds, they are one of the biggest funders of Al Qaeda.

And if you want to talk about what evil dictator Saddam was doing to his own people... we have countries just as bad in our "Coalition of the Willing". Uzbekistan to name one.

Bush has given no-bid contracts to Halliburton, the company Dick Cheney was once the head of. Maybe Halliburton is best suited to do the job. But we've given them a blank check. They overcharge and rob the taxpayers blind And Cheney is still on their deference payroll.

A record surplus has turned into a record deficit. A slow recovery doesn't make up for that. And the jobs that are coming back are shit ones.

There hasn't been a president since Hoover to leave office with less jobs than when he came in. Bush will be the first.

He had warnings, Al Qaeda determined to attack inside US. With airplanes. He didn't do shit.

Did you know Clinton's administration stopped a series of major terrorist attacks in Y2K? Made arrests, of those planning to bomb celebrations? No, you didn't, because they didn't trumpet it like the current administration does. These terror alerts, they lower expectations. If nothing happens, they get to take credit. If something does, they get to say, "Well, we warned you."

A government is supposed to be vigilant. It's supposed to protect it's people. It's supposed to be for the people. This is one of the most incompetent self serving governments to have ever been in office. Probably the most.

It is truly a catastrophic regime.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
better than you....

You sir...It is your destiny to stand before the WTF gods.

To you,I stand and say...Bravo.

morelos

lexicon incognito
*APPLAUSE*

i could add to it, surprisingly.

just a quick snippet: it made me cry to see the national anthem played at the changing of the guard that morning in england. how symbolic could that be?

~ dan ~

you get rep for that.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Yes morelos,
You and Sir B.T.Y. are both worthy of the "MaxPower" status.

Its a good thing you have people like me to compare yourself to.

Respectfully.
Dr.gehtfuct

Thank you both. I didn't even get into the raping of civil liberties, Gitmo, Abu Gharib, or a number of other things.

It's amazing how long an informed person is capable of ranting against these people. They've just... fucked up so much!

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Not to be a suck ass,but its good to read a well thought out post for a change. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.