WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Wal-Mart is evil!

SilentHunter

One Shot, One Kill
wtf is up with wal mart taking over the world why do we need a wal mart every 10 miles? how can someone starting a business when unless they have billions of dollars in inventory and exlusive rights to more products than most stores even carry, and who wants to buy clothes, car parts, groceris and guns 50 feet from each other. it seems like a monopoly the only difference is instead of buying up and sell one product they do it to all of them

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
SilentHunter said:
wtf is up with wal mart taking over the world why do we need a wal mart every 10 miles? how can someone starting a business when unless they have billions of dollars in inventory and exlusive rights to more products than most stores even carry, and who wants to buy clothes, car parts, groceris and guns 50 feet from each other. it seems like a monopoly the only difference is instead of buying up and sell one product they do it to all of them
Well on the plus side if you're looking for a glut of Chinese made crap products you don't have to go far.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
china's second biggest trade partner = usa.

first biggest trade partner = walmart.

and if anyone doubts that i'll go to the trouble of finding the source again..

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
OMFG! Wal-mart is a communist sympathiser!!!

It's not looking out for America, only China!

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
This is a major problem. The big supermarkets drive out all other businesses. For example, take Safeway. Safeway has stores ALL over the U.S. as well as other countries. And Safeway drives out all the small businesses. There is a war going on with the major stores, and it is almost impossible not to see. Right now, Safeway is succeeding in running out their "enemies," by selling their products at a VERY high price, while selling theirs for dirt. By doing this, they accomplish two things: they run out other businesses, and they speed up their expansion. They have many stores world-wide, so it does not matter if they lower their prices in one store. Right now in Alaska, they are driving out many companies by doing what I have previously mentioned. So far, they have managed getting rid of Carrs and many "single product businesses." Already in Alaska, you can only afford Safeway items at their halved prices. Now if I am right, once they have ran out all of their competition, their prices will soar. Which, in turn, will bankrupt many of the middle class therefore removing what buffer there may have previously been. Also, it will further widen the gap between the rich and the poor.
Do you see where I am going?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
mmm...cheese said:
Now if I am right, once they have ran out all of their competition, their prices will soar. Which, in turn, will bankrupt many of the middle class therefore removing what buffer there may have previously been. Also, it will further widen the gap between the rich and the poor.
this doesn't happen..
whatever you think about capitalism and what not the fact remains that it is a free market.. so if war-malt or safeway or kroger or whatever become big in a particular district then that will attract others like it..
yes, it drives out mom and pop but no single compny gets a monopoly and then drives prices up, at least not in the retail sector, maybe in the civil engineering sector it's different *cough halliburton*..

jamesp

In Memory...
Speaking of Halliburton, I read on SA.com that they were shipping "sail boat fuel" around the desert in Iraq. They were shipping fucking air! That is disturbing, there were Security....I mean Marines dying for that air.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I Hate The FCC said:
:rofl:

If only China was still Communist. :(
Mao Zedong used terror "from above" on citizen "dissidents" wich he believed corrupted the society and anyone who'd oppose the new unipartist ("popular")republic. He inflinged death to millions of people, although less than Staline. I'm not saying that to criticize their ideology of communism but to point out that their means of holding power have almost always included the use of violent acts on regular people who are a "suspected menace" to "kill the chick in the egg". Just like Pinochet of the extreme right, and many other dictators, kings, tsars, etc.

The problem is often caused by the means of revolution : if it's an armed revolution, after it's won, the ex revolutionary leaders still have military power. Now that there's no government to fight against, they must enforce their power to make sure someone doesn't do the exact same thing and try to take over. So they heavily repress the population, make shed lots of blood, and keep their power in that way by using terror.

There is a just middle where China can be communist but they shouldn't kill people like Mao did. They can have their own democracy while still being communist.

magnolia

Postaholic
I hate them cuz I can't get a job there to save my life. But then again, have you ever seen the people who work there?

jamesp

In Memory...
Magnolia, I used to work at Wal-Mart, what are you implying?

MIKEY_BURKE2001: Who let you in here? There is an age limit for this forum, I know its easy to lie about, but damn man, within your first three posts you gave yourself away. You'll get your come-upins, mark my words.... :shakesfist:

thats sweet

SilentHunter said:
when the world turns you down punch it in the face:mfinger::gun:

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
being australian, i have no real idea what the problem with walmart is, but i will tell you one thing i've noticed. try searching for any music on walmart.com that happens to be explicit and i guarantee you it will be the edited version. amazon.com is better.