WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wal-Mart pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morelos

lexicon incognito
why are you going to wal-mart in the first place?

jamesp

In Memory...
I was reading a post on the somethignawful.com forums about a man tried to shoplift some diapers and a BB gun from a Wal-Mart somewhere. The man walked right out the door and was chased down by five employees. The employees proceeded to hold the man down, with a knee to his neck, and several employees on his back. Now the heat index is about 100 degrees, so on that blacktop pavement it was pretty hot. There was a crowd of about 30 witnesses pleading with the employees to let the man up, that it was way too hot to be forced onto the pavement like that, to which the employees replied that the man was "just faking it" and was on drugs. Well, the guy had a heart attck and died right there in the Wal-Mart parking lot. He had a six month old son.

I can see the Fox News headline now: "Man killed by falling prices!"

morelos

lexicon incognito
fox news' headline would read something like

"violent burglar suffered well-deserved fate when caught in the act"

jamesp

In Memory...
morelos said:

LMFAO! "Violent potential sex-offender dies during shootout with Wal-Mart special forces. He was thought to be high on at least seven highly illegal drugs."

Jung

???
Premium
morelos said:
why are you going to wal-mart in the first place?
Really. I don't support Wal Mart by shopping there. At all. Besides, Wal Mart is like a magnet for some of the trashiest people on the planet.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
Really. I don't support Wal Mart by shopping there. At all. Besides, Wal Mart is like a magnet for some of the trashiest people on the planet.
WTF?! I own a Wal-Mart, you caaack!

Not really. I think we should boycott Wal-Mart. I wanna punch a mother fucker every time I go in there. That's not why we should boycott it, it's the McDonald's that they have in it. What kind of sick fuck builds a McDonald's that doesn't sell shakes? Fuck you Sam Walton. Fuck you right in the God damned ear!!

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
junglizm said:

One more thing that we agree on!

I don't know if they have the satanic Ronald picture in all the McDonald's in Wal-marts but it's worth going to Wal-Mart JUST to see that picture. It is seriously freaky. I hate Wal-mart because it's so oppressively large and you end up forgetting something on the other side of the store and then you gotta walk back. Target isn't much better but at least they have some stylish stuff.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:

OK< I am going to interject and rant here. In my shit town, WalMart is the nearest super center besides fred myers in a two hour radius. So yeah, I shop there. I hate it, and I miss when Kmart was actually STOCKED, but I dont have a choice.

FYI:http://www.ufcw.org/press_room/fact_sheets_and_backgrounder/walmart/safety.cfm
After five years of investigations, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) found that Wal-Mart violated child labor laws in which 85 minors operated hazardous equipment at stores in three states. Though the law prohibits it, Wal-Mart had its young employees operating equipment such as carboard balers and chainsaws--the most dangerous pieces of machinery in the industry.

Instead of holding the world's largest and richest corporation accountable for putting children at risk, the DOL agreed to a deal in February 2005 that:

Requires Wal-Mart to pay a nominal federal fine of $135,540
Gives the company 15 days' notice before conducting any further investigation of violations

Besides the small fine, the 15-day advance notice of DOL inspections actually rewards Wal-Mart, while other companies with no history of child labor violations are subject to unannounced inspections.

Concealing Accidents
Wal-Mart has been sued numerous times on the grounds that injuries or deaths could have been prevented if Wal-Mart didn’t conceal documents regarding previous accidents. Bernadine Davis filed one of these lawsuits over the death of her husband, who was killed 10 years ago in a loading-dock accident at a Sam’s Club. She was awarded $2 million, on the grounds that the company concealed an internal memo regarding previous dock accidents.

Illegally Selling Toy Guns
June 6, 2003--After nearly two years of negotiations with the State of New York, Wal-Mart agreed to settle and pay a $200,000 fine and stop selling realistic-looking toy guns in its New York locations. Wal-Mart agreed to a court order barring the company from selling toy guns in realistic colors and those that fail to provide a non-removable orange stripe along the length of the barrel. New York's law goes one step beyond U.S. federal law, which requires the orange marking only at the nose of the toy gun.

* In 1996, Wal-Mart refused to sell an album from Sheryl Crow because it contained a lyric talking about children buying guns at Wal-Mart.
* Since 1997 at least four people -- two teens and two adults -- brandishing gun look-alikes have been fatally shot by police in New York when officers believed they were holding actual guns. Another teen was seriously wounded in a similar incident.
* According to the New York Attorney General’s office, Wal-Mart has sold more than 42,000 toy guns in the state during the past two and a half years.

State Firearm Violations
In April 2003, Wal-Mart suspended sales of real guns in its 118 California stores after an investigation by that state's attorney general found hundreds of violations of state firearms laws. In addition to being the world's largest general merchandise chain, Wal-Mart is the biggest seller of toys and real firearms.

Failing to Report Hazards
Wal-Mart agreed to pay $750,000 to resolve charges filed in May 2001 that it failed to report hazards with Weider and Weslo brand exercise gliders, despite knowing of at least 29 consumers injured while trying out the gliders in Wal-Mart stores across the country. "We acknowledged no wrongdoing," said a Wal-Mart spokesperson. "We believe we acted responsibly in this case."

Refusing to Pay Compensation
In October 1993, Candace Hoke of Hempstead, Tex., dashed into her local Wal-Mart, picked up a bag of puppy food and headed for the checkout. Along the way, a couple of 25-pound boxes of bathroom tissue fell on her head. An employee who was stocking shelves dropped them, she contends. Eight years after the accident, and seven years after she filed her lawsuit, and three years after she won her case, Hoke is still trying to collect the $250,000 a jury awarded her as compensation for neck injuries.

Wal-Mart on Workers Compensation
Clint Lowe, a Tennessee Wal-Mart employee, suffered a lower back injury on the job in 1988. He and Wal-Mart agreed on a 53% disability settlement. He eventually returned to work, and in May 1997 was struck on his head by a large flowerpot that also knocked him off a ladder. This time, he was awarded benefits for 50% permanent partial disability, 90 weeks of temporary total disability, and all medical expenses. Wal-Mart gave him a list of doctors he could see. After three of the recommended doctors proved unsatisfactory, he asked Wal-Mart for a new list of doctors. They said he had seen all the doctors they were going to let him see. Then, he went to the doctor he saw in 1988, who referred Lowe to an orthopedic surgeon. After an appeal for non-payment, the Tennessee Supreme Court ruled in his favor, stating that Lowe was justified in seeking additional medical services. (Supreme Court of Tennessee, Special Workers Compensation Appeals Panel, Case No. 2002WL229508-Tenn. Sp.Workers Com. 2/15/02)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
So DG, what you're saying then is that you totally fucking love shopping at Wal-Mart and can't wait to have another opportunity to go back?

I've ranted on this before but Ima do it again.

The Wal-Mart near me (I gave up, I refuse to shop at a Wal-Mart for anything) has something like 52 check stands. They line the entire front of the fucking store. But they only ever have 10 open at any one time.

And the one that sells smokes? yeah it's closed. What's that? What? Did I say the one that sells smokes is closed. Why yes I did. 52 mother god damn fucking check stands and you can buy your smokes at exactly ONE. Right in the fucking middle of the store.

So you go to Wal-Mart for beer and smokes and have to stand in line at checkstand nubmer itdoesn'tfuckingmatteritsnottherightone. You watch as the bloated manitee unloads 500 fucking dollars with of SHIT while her little carpet monsters run, scream and generally justify the existence of pedophiles.

YAY it's your turn to check out. You say "I need a pack of smokes" The checker looks at you blankly and simply states "We only sell cigaretes on isle neveropen" You tell her you know this but there's nobody there. She pages a manager.

So here comes Mr. 300 pound fat fuck with an attitude. He's pissed because you made him get up off his size huge ass, put down his doughnut and walk 30 feet to sell you your smokes. The entire time making snide remarks about cancer.

Yeah, listen up wide load. You're 45 and have reached the pinacle of your career as a manager at a fucking Wal-Mart. That's it. You've hit the top. You will go no further. So how about you go fuck yourself and loose the superior attitude? How's that you cow shaped man? You're the fuck that works here, you're the fuck that decided smokes can only be sold at THIS counter so let's not get all bitchy when it comes back and bites your billboard sized shitter.

But you know what REALLY pisses me off? They restricted the sale of smokes to the one isle "in order to allow younger people to work as cashiers." It's true, you have to be 18 here to sell cigaretes. Of course you also have to be 18 to sell beer but I can buy that at any fucking check stand. So basically they're just punishing you by making you wait in line for your smokes.

Fucking Walmart. GOD I hate them.

Thanks assholes, now I'm all pissed off and shit.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I used to shop all the time. But Kmart does not have what I usually need, at least not well stocked, especially kid, baby and electronics. They used to, but that was before Sam Walton made a deal with the devil to build wal mart over our areas ONLY wetlands.

Now, I have to shopt there. I can not afford macy's and fucking fred myers and shit.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
People who shop at Wal-Mart should be kicked in the fuckin balls.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Ha ha. I worked at Wal-Mart when I was underage and operated everything from forklifts to the trash compactor, to electric pallet jacks. Ohh it was fun.

holy shit! i don't know what DG or skippy said but damn they ment it! i shop at wal mart jung! fucker! like i make big bucks, i'm a single mom. shit. any who i got nothing really to add but the fact that james is hawt and i want his ass. :)

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Aisle 13. Paper goods and Chemicals! THat was me. I coulda dropped boxes of toilet paper and paper towels on people. Damn. Shoulda thought of that sooner.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I went to Wal Mart once.. when I was in America. I don't remember much of it. :confuse:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
morelos said:

Fox news HEH.
The story would go on to say:

The Terror suspect armed with a Crossman 760, rifle was chased down by security forces and apprehended. Onlookers reported him hiving praise to Allah, just before injesting a cyanide capsule. Department of Homeland Security officials have raised the towns threat level to Orange, pending the investigation.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Ha ha. I worked at Wal-Mart when I was underage and operated everything from forklifts to the trash compactor, to electric pallet jacks. Ohh it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.