WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Want to lose weight? Walk across the country.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
6 months? that's pretty easy to do in 6 months. you barely have to move one foot in front of the other to do that.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Knowing me... I would walk across and not have lost or gained an ounce.

I should do like, the exact opposite, and like... not do anything? Maybe then I would be able to gain weight.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Icarus said:

I should do like, the exact opposite, and like... not do anything? Maybe then I would be able to gain weight.
I'm pretty much exactly like that. Just start lifting weights.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
so dipstick is going to lose weight by going 6 months without a job, lose his car and the house his family lives in.. and the family is ok with this? here's an idea.. wanna walk for 6 months? get a treadmill and set it on slow and walk on it every day.... but you dont get the same effect as walking through arazona on a summer day? sure ya do, buy a $14 space heater and set it up in the room with ya...

sure moron will live 30 or 40 years longer, but do you want to live an extra 40 years in the gutter? cause thats where he's headed by giving up work, car, and home.. If I was his family I'd up and leave him to his poorly planned endeavor, and start anew...

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
Do you see all the sponsorships? He's probally making more than at his normal job.

magnolia

Postaholic
ok, so what about joining the gym? Eating more lean meats and more veggies and fruits? What about cutting down on the doughnuts, processed foods, and ice cream? He said he's an ex-marine. Why not just use the physical work outs he learned with them for conditioning in order to loose the weight. He says that he's loosing 5-6 months of his life to gain back 30-40 years later on... Well, one very extremely long walk won't keep him lean forever. I think he's nuts and I really don't think this is going to work for him. As soon as he gets home and gets back into his every day habbits he's going to gain the weight back. but w/e. It's not my life.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Nailbomb said:
It's not about lifting weights for the most part if you have trouble putting on weight in the first place...that will only tone the body if your calorie intake doesn't change. If you have a intensely high metabolism (speaking from experience because I do), you just need to eat foods with high amounts of calories and/or fat. 2000-3000 calories/day is a resonable amount if you're trying to put on substancial weight.

gummi_

Tenderony
Takes around 12 months for a male to put on bulk with weights, just for the record.

Fatty nerds just need to move away from the computer every now and then.

Just like the plump nerds on this site.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Rush~ said:
Fatty nerds just need to move away from the computer every now and then.

Just like the plump nerds on this site.
hey I resemble that remark...

Icarus said:

Tried that. Doesn't seem to be working for me. :happysad:

I'm a skinny fucker.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Of course it takes time lifting weights. Anything that doesn't end up being unhealthy for you takes time.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nailbomb said:
I worked out at a college gym 4 days a week, every week for a year, and didn't gain a pound.

... I have a membership to 24 hour fitness now, and I don't gain a pound.