WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

=!!!War of the worlds!!!=

=User_Name=

CuntWaffle or Dumbass?
Heya guys and ladys :).
i went to see War of the worlds, and i have only one thing to say: WOW OH MY HOLY GOD SPIELBERG ROCKS!! or Wow WTF AWsOME!11 .

The only bad thing was that the movies misses Nukes, and haves a.. eehm well.. not so ''common sense'' ending, well the movie was awsome, the effects; a total 10/10. it was totaly awsome! :thumbsup: i realy liked the way how the Tripods Roaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard, and the sound effects where tereffic. a total must see!

Who else went to see it? share youre expiriance :rolleyes:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Tom Cruise does not deserve to drive the Shelby in the movie. He is a fag, a cute fag, but a fag none the less.

But, the movie fucking rocked.

PS Unless you have read HG Wells, you in no way have the right to say the ending did not make sense. It made perfect sense to me and the rest of the geek squad.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I really liked the special effects, and the acting was very good. The continual stupid actions of the people in the movie, and the lack of consequences, plus the ending, just turned me off to this movie. I'd give it a 7/10 for special effects. The continual retarded actions of the main characters just made me groan in the theater. The end speech just turned my stomach. Humans are so convinced of their god given superiority it makes my skin crawl.

Jung

???
Premium
The first one was 100% better, this remake was just another piece of shit. Why do they always have to ruin classics?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
The first one was 100% better, this remake was just another piece of shit. Why do they always have to ruin classics?

The car and the little girl made the movie.

and to answer your question;'

$$$$

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Welcome to the site, but next time be sure to post in the proper forum...

Also, I do believe there's already a thread in the proper forum, Entertainment, discussing this movie.

junglizm said:
they always ruin classics :(

did anyone else think that the girl cryed a bit too much?

....or that they SHOULDN'T have shown the aliens? they didn't show them in the original, and they looked shitty in this one.

=User_Name=

CuntWaffle or Dumbass?
dull_bullet said:
they always ruin classics :(

did anyone else think that the girl cryed a bit too much?

....or that they SHOULDN'T have shown the aliens? they didn't show them in the original, and they looked shitty in this one.
Yea, the aliens where like those from ID4 (independans day)
that sucks somehow :thumbsdn: .

I am 100% certain that spielberg could create a 500 times Uglyer alien :happysad:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BRiT said:
Welcome to the site, but next time be sure to post in the proper forum...

Also, I do believe there's already a thread in the proper forum, Entertainment, discussing this movie.
Sorry Massah! I should have moved it!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Never saw the original..and I never compare them; I just try to enjoy the movie. I really liked this remake of the movie. I think the acting and visual dramatization along with the great soundtrack really made the movie stand out from all your summer POS's.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
=User_Name= said:
Yea, the aliens where like those from ID4 (independans day)
that sucks somehow :thumbsdn: .

I am 100% certain that spielberg could create a 500 times Uglyer alien :happysad:
The aliens from independance Day are modelled after those from xfiles, aliens and on and on and on. It is our culture, we think that is the general form that aliens look like. The last original aliens I remember seeing was E.T.

Yes, the girl cried and screamed alot. I think you would too if you were seven years old and your world just turned to shit.

The ending monologue:

That God in his infinite wisdom placed on this earth...
man had earned thier right to this planet by the toll of a billion deaths...
niether does man live or die in vain...

I thought was well stated. It, in my opinion, did not say that men were "godly" but that we were protected by God, and his infinite wisdom.

war of the world is lame,
the aliens died of a fucking virus, and the humans were just running away, you'd think someone would nuke the bastards. but no..... the aliens died because of a fucking stupid son of a fucking bitch virus.

it wasnt that great at all.. the ending was ok... besides the fact someone had too explain it too me :p but it was like a 4 / 10