WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Warning: Vegan Lifestyle Leads to Anal Probings

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
  1. fucked up beliefs
  2. thinking to be always right while everyone else is wrong
  3. crazy extremists
I'm starting to look at veganism as a cult, like Satanism, Scientology or Pastafarians.

• 1Agree
Reactions: PurpleSlurple

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
2 and 3 I can understand but I honestly don't get this one whatsoever.
Have you ever smelled the business end of a soybean auger? I bet you haven't. After you cycle all your soybeans up into your holding vessel (truck, silo, etc) you just kinda leave the auger as is. They have a little cup like doo-hickey at the bottom that, without fail, holds the last remnants of your soybeans. You move on...and they sit. And they sit. And the sun shines. And they sit. Then they begin mutating. They pop like little kernels of corn except they don't pop dry they pop wet. Like a zit. Its a smell you'll never forget. Think of rotting human flesh mixed with Limburger Cheese resting on top of a freshly shorn turd from Budvugger. It is the most rancid smell you'll ever encounter.

What the hell does this have to do with veganism?

Everything.

If you never smelled that smell then you've never farmed. If you've never farmed then you haven't a clue as to how many cute little bunnies and other critters are liquefied by a combine every day so that you might enjoy some of that "Whakachaki Organic Green Stalky Shit" you so morally enjoy. Real life is ugly, friend.

Your whole existence is predicated upon the obliteration of animals. You won't dine on a fat juicy steak but it seems you're none too bothered by consuming the electricity required to post on this here website and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to dig a few levels down to find which animals were killed, injured or displaced so that you might fire off a few bytes. Do you wipe your ass? Do you brush your teeth? Do you bathe? Do you eat vegetables and grain? Do you wear textiles? Do you drive an automobile?

Murderer.

Listen up, honeypot. Your eyes aren't positioned on the side of your head (prey) they are positioned in the front (predator). You have canine teeth and gut flora that feast on flesh. Stop living in Fantasyville and step up to the plate.

• 2Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: ib4, steelasp and BRiT

BridgetteH

Particinator
Utter bullshit. "Because I can't do everything right, let's not even fucking bother." That's a spineless, fatalist notion.

Also, I'm not going to discuss nature, because I've gone there many of times with people and know that would become an all-out brawl.

What's completely ignorant is saying the core of the veganism movement is based on fucked up beliefs. I don't consider bacteria sentient, I don't consider vegetables and fruit sentient. I consider animals sentient, and I'm doing what I can to make sure I'm not consuming them or their byproduct. Don't call me fucking honeypot, patronizing me as though you're this omniscient thing teaching me something so profound and i should be honored. I could give two fucks. Regardless of what you think I'm not contributing, I know I'm contributing more by finding sustenance on a diet that doesn't include animal. And by using products not tested on animals. And by not wearing their furs or using pillows with down.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I'm so turned on right now.

BTW. I'm not name calling because that's just lame. Like calling you a hypocrite. I would never call you a hypocrite for your morally inept stance on paying so much attention to not consuming micro-grams of animal product while totally ignoring the metric tons of animal life destroyed simply in the act of bringing all that wholesome and ethical food to the table.

I just wouldn't do that because...like I said...name calling is lame.

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
Reactions: RebelBuddha

Out2Lunch

☠️
I know I'm contributing more by finding sustenance on a diet that doesn't include animal.
How is this contributing more? You talk as though others who do not follow your way of eating are inferior. I wonder if you like being a vegan because it gives you a sense of superiority?

And by using products not tested on animals. And by not wearing their furs or using pillows with down.
I know those who eat meat who do the same thing, including myself, so vegans aren't the only animal lovers.

BridgetteH

Particinator
I'm so turned on right now.

BTW. I'm not name calling because that's just lame. Like calling you a hypocrite. I would never call you a hypocrite for your morally inept stance on paying so much attention to not consuming micro-grams of animal product while totally ignoring the metric tons of animal life destroyed simply in the act of bringing all that wholesome and ethical food to the table.

I just wouldn't do that because...like I said...name calling is lame.
I eat almost predominantly whole foods, such as fruits and veg. Probably 20% of my diet contains processed product. And I think it's a load to essentially insinuate eating vegetables and fruits, and the cultivation of soybeans, kills tons of animals. More so than the meat industry, which averages thousands per minure, billions per year. Not to mention horrifically. Pigs are known to be wiser and just as empathetic as dogs, but lets abuse them for fattening bacon; though we'd never allow our domesticated animals to feel pain. There's also an all-inclusive holiday of environmental destruction, deforestation, emission of 51% of greenhouse gases, over half of our grains sent off to fatten cows to become miniscule servings of meat when starvation is rampant in the east. Also included is higher risks of heart disease and cancer, among others. Going vegan saves over a 100 lives a year.

Continue to drink your milk ladened in somatic cells and casomorphins. I'm changing what I can, which is a hell of a lot more than I did eating animals.

How is this contributing more? You talk as though others who do not follow your way of eating are inferior. I wonder if you like being a vegan because it gives you a sense of superiority?

I know those who eat meat who do the same thing, including myself, so vegans aren't the only animal lovers.

I actually don't act as those that don't follow my way of eating are inferior. Eat what you please, but saying my lifestyle is based on "fucked up beliefs" is fucking fallible and illogical. If I said that about any one of you, you'd tear me a new one but I get defensive and I'm a murderer because I use the Internet or wipe my ass.

Out2Lunch

☠️
I actually don't act as those that don't follow my way of eating are inferior. Eat what you please, but saying my lifestyle is based on "fucked up beliefs" is fucking fallible and illogical. If I said that about any one of you, you'd tear me a new one but I get defensive and I'm a murderer because I use the Internet or wipe my ass.
I think the only "fucked up belief" I held when I was a vegan was that one cannot be an animal lover and eat meat. It took me a little while to realize that what I was really angry about was a culture of waste and overconsumption. These things cause inhumane practices and destruction of natural resources and this is what needs changing. Eating meat is not the issue. I could never accuse a Native American of not loving animals or the planet simply because they eat meat. Their culture respected animals and their environment and most faiths call for this as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: BRiT

BridgetteH

Particinator
I think the only "fucked up belief" I held when I was a vegan was that one cannot be an animal lover and eat meat. It took me a little while to realize that what I was really angry about was a culture of waste and overconsumption. These things cause inhumane practices and destruction of natural resources and this is what needs changing. Eating meat is not the issue. I could never accuse a Native American of not loving animals or the planet simply because they eat meat. Their culture respected animals and their environment and most faiths call for this as well.
I don't assume meat-eaters don't love animals. My dad eats meat left and right, every kind, might I add. And yet he's cried over a wounded kitten he didn't think he could patch up a wound for but managed to. I don't believe he doesn't love animals. I know he worships the things. I get defensive over things I believe in, though, just as you or anyone else does. And since the majority doesn't agree with me, when I get defensive I also have the majority emphatically against me.

Out2Lunch

☠️
And since the majority doesn't agree with me, when I get defensive I also have the majority emphatically against me.
To be honest I dont think anyone here truly cares. I would say it's more your way of defending your beliefs which is what causes others to question you, since you kind of come off as an extremist. ;)