WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Warts

magnolia

Postaholic
I had a little bump on my left index finger. I didn't think much of it, so I cut it off this weekend. My mom asked what I was doing and I told her. She said it was probobly a wart. Now I see another bump on the bottom side of the same finger. WTF? So now I'm using DuoFilm to get rid of it. What the heck even causes a wart? I'm so frustrated with this.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
it's suprising what stress can do to your body. next you'll be growing a third nipple.;)

magnolia

Postaholic
haha. God I hope not.

Can you actually get warts from being stressed out?

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Hows this.
Clicky
Freezing them is the best bet. The idea is to kill the wart, not make it smaller.

blk990

Serial Killer
Cutting off warts causes cancer. No joke.

gummi_

Tenderony
When i had a few on my hands, the doctor i went to gave me a weak acid solution to put on them, and after applying that for a few days / a week or two, i just cut them off myself. Worked pretty well for me. The common way to get rid of them is the freezing method though, my mate got that done.

The other method is to wait until your body figures out the virus and builds antibodies. :)

magnolia

Postaholic
I'm using DuoFilm. It's an acid remedy. But if it doesn't work, I'll go and get some of that freeze off stuff I've seen comercials for. I'm just pissed. I hate warts and I haven't had any since I was super young. (3 or 4 years old.)

magnolia

Postaholic
Linksy said:
That's moles smart one.
Oops. maybe I should stop then. :S Like I've said in other threads, I pick at things.

Slacker

Postaholic
magnolia said:
Oops. maybe I should stop then. :S Like I've said in other threads, I pick at things.
When you pick at moles it just makes you more liable to cancer. It doesn't exactly mean you are going to get it.

blk990

Serial Killer
I know cutting off moles causes cancer but I've heard warts do too. My point is don't pick at stuff on your body.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
magnolia said:
I pick at things.
thats probably the worst thing you could do. it will only end up spreading to your other hand.

magnolia

Postaholic
Eww. I can't help it. Maybe I just need to start wearing gloves so that I can't pick. I wouldn't want it to spread to my face cuz I pick at it and I have a wart on my hand. From now on I'm gadda try really hard not to pick at anything.

Slacker

Postaholic
magnolia said:
Eww. I can't help it. Maybe I just need to start wearing gloves so that I can't pick. I wouldn't want it to spread to my face cuz I pick at it and I have a wart on my hand. From now on I'm gadda try really hard not to pick at anything.
You can pick your nose. :p

Whenever I get them, I just rip them off.

Hurts like a bitch, bleeds like a bitch, but gets rid of the problem.:happysad:

magnolia

Postaholic
I guess I don't feel so bad that other people get them too. But arent' they embarassing to you? I don't tell anyone I know in person that I have a wart. I just think it's so gross.

If you've had to live through the warts I had to live through in elementary school, you'd get used to it.

I had a huge one on my knee. It was all green and nasty, and nothing I tried could get rid of it. It finally went away by itself after about 3 years.

blk990

Serial Killer
magnolia said:
I guess I don't feel so bad that other people get them too. But arent' they embarassing to you? I don't tell anyone I know in person that I have a wart. I just think it's so gross.
Keep in mind that a wart is caused by a virus.