WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Waxman Raises New Questions on Cheney

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
By Robert O'Harrow Jr., Washington Post Staff Writer

As the government prepared for war in Iraq (news - web sites) in the fall of 2002, a senior political appointee in the Defense Department chose oil services giant Halliburton Co. to secretly plan how to repair Iraqi oil fields, and then briefed Vice President Cheney's chief of staff and other White House officials about the sole-source contract before it was granted.

Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.) said the new details about the $1.8 million contract, disclosed last week in a Pentagon (news - web sites) briefing for congressional staff members, raise new questions about whether the vice president or his office played any role in decisions to give what became billions of dollars worth of government business to Halliburton, where Cheney was chief executive from 1995 to 2000.

sole-source contract - do you know what that means, NO competition, NO chance for anyone else to get the contract.

People thats YOUR money BILLIONS given to Cheney AS A GIFT!

GoalTaylor22

In The Flesh?
So wait, Cheney's a dick because he gives a company that he used to work for some jobs? Sorry If I'm not livid.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
GoalTaylor22 said:
So wait, Cheney's a dick because he gives a company that he used to work for some jobs? Sorry If I'm not livid.
Yes, you hit the nail right on the head. You see In a democracy when there is work to be had, you are supposed to put it out for bid, giving all who qualify a chance to give the best price, services, whatever the criteria. We do this precisely to keep members of the Govt. from giving contracts to Friends and associates. When this occurs, it is normally thought of as corruption and is investigated by the house judicial committee.

When bids are handed out in a non-competative manner, the taxpayers suffer because the the Gov. is paying more than they have to. I wonder how many Bush supporters complain about Microsoft monopolizing the industry, but are content when members of the Bush Admin. hand out contracts without putting them out for bid.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
GoalTaylor22 said:
Obviously, you are NOT a business person, nor a capitalist if you can't see what's wrong with Govt. officals stealing from you. Complete dumbass...