WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Way to filter out the idiots....

Sod

Spilly Talker
497
26
182
#1
have someone sift through the posts and find the more intellegent people, so they can have their own thread / forum type thing, or anyone who joined 3 months after creation of this wonderful forum, and those who are not cluttering it with rantless bullshit
 

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
1,669
76
112
#2
:mfinger:
Thats all I have to say about your little "idea".

Cheers cunt :mfinger: .
 

FuckHEAD

I HATE SINGAPORE WHORES !
17
0
0
#3
Cheers on that mate !

Cheers mate ! :mfinger:
 

gumercules

Ultra Mega
993
36
182
#4
since this is such a new site it'd be hard to implement a time-in thing, but we could probably make a forum where the members allowed to post are hand-picked (almost typed licked :ut-oh: ) by the staff...

this thread really shows why it would be nice though :rolleyes:

also though, if we implement that then we're risking losing any quality that does exist outside this theoretical not-stupid-only area
 

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
348
0
0
#5
gumercules said:
also though, if we implement that then we're risking losing any quality that does exist outside this theoretical not-stupid-only area
HAHA, yesyes, maybe they will evolve into theoreticaly intelligent conversations if left to the stupid-area only
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,798
5,351
387
#6
I'd like to hear more suggestions on this.. There are some software tools that can be implemented such as 'promotions' or special usergroups where you have more abilities as an intelligent poster or whatever... Toss out the ideas and I'll look into them at my next update, I have to get the new site areas out the door soon too...
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,798
5,351
387
#7
...maybe we'll play wtf survivor...

anyone proven an idiot, gets to be voted off the site!
 

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
1,669
76
112
#8
Lol be my guest... 3 people become special promoted.. rofl
 

Chris

Sick Bastard
375
0
0
#9
Sod said:
have someone sift through the posts and find the more intellegent people, so they can have their own thread / forum type thing, or anyone who joined 3 months after creation of this wonderful forum, and those who are not cluttering it with rantless bullshit
I fully agree with you, lets et rid of the idiots, but instead of the look-trough-post-thingy, we'll start with the obvious, YOU
 

kirvett

No Title Needed
62
0
0
#10
I believe it is the on the Gamespot forums where the users have formed what they call "unions". Basically a group of people who have the same interests, and they typically have their own board for the union members to post. The users formed their groups a long time before the forum recognized them and gave them their own boards; I did notice there is a "group" feature/thing in the public profiles, and I wonder if that could be somehow utilized? I guess there could be a "Rationality Union" or something. I don't know.
 

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
653
0
16
#11
I like the sound of this idea, as I have a very strong stance against rampant stupidity, so any efforts to attempt to regulate this will always be supported by me. Is there any way we can have the administrative staff give certain people some sort of priviledged members status to make use of private, dumbass-free forums? If that doesn't work then I think the unions thing is probably the way to go if it is already known to work.
 

gumercules

Ultra Mega
993
36
182
#12
i wouldn't mind a staff-based promotion system if possible, maybe to allow more than 5 posts per day the staff would have to approve the user

with demotions available at any time
 

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
1,669
76
112
#13
Skorch said:
I like the sound of this idea, as I have a very strong stance against rampant stupidity, so any efforts to attempt to regulate this will always be supported by me. Is there any way we can have the administrative staff give certain people some sort of priviledged members status to make use of private, dumbass-free forums? If that doesn't work then I think the unions thing is probably the way to go if it is already known to work.
lol@very gay person who probably have no life :mfinger: .

Cheers :mfinger: :gun:
 

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
653
0
16
#14
MrNewbie said:
lol@very gay person who probably have no life :mfinger: .

Cheers :mfinger: :gun:
Shh, quiet in here while the grownups are talking. Why don't you run along and play, or work with your spelling and grammar books and maybe I'll be with you shortly.
 

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
1,669
76
112
#16
Skorch said:
Shh, quiet in here while the grownups are talking. Why don't you run along and play, or work with your spelling and grammar books and maybe I'll be with you shortly.
Take that dick out of your mouth please sir...

Cheers :mfinger:
 

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
653
0
16
#17
MrNewbie said:
Take that dick out of your mouth please sir...

Cheers :mfinger:
Yes, very good, that is a complete sentence.

So what's the ETA on that no-idiots forum idea? Anyone? Anyone? I'm getting tired of babysitting.
 

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
1,669
76
112
#18
Skorch said:
Yes, very good, that is a complete sentence.

So what's the ETA on that no-idiots forum idea? Anyone? Anyone? I'm getting tired of babysitting.
Still cant hear ya lad, take the damn dick out of your mouth
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,798
5,351
387
#19
MrNewbie banned for 5 days.

See you then, hairyhands.
 
#20
Only 5???

Why can't you guys just ban the idiots? If you have private forums and whatnot, how are new people going to find you?

I found this site very entertaining this morning, but if the intelligent life only existed in a private forum, I wouldn't have spent 5 minutes here.