WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

We don't know wot to say ne more...

Pachyderm

I really did.
Alright..When I was a sophomore I lost a really great friend to some bad people, so I got really depressed. They diagnosed me as "clinically depressed" but really I was circumstantially depressed. Psychiatrists only tell you that you are depressed clinically and that you'll have to take pills to get out of it. This is not true. I became more depressed after taking my pills, I gained 30 pounds and if I missed a pill I would not be able to sleep for 2/3 days. You need to convince your friend that cutting is not at all cool and it gets her bad attention. She should start focusing in some other area. Join a club or a sport together, do things you both enjoy all the time, and get her mind off stuff.
In my opinion, her pills might be causing a detrimental effect for her, so talk to her mom and her about it. Ask her to go to some of her appts. with her, and see if the doctor actually listens to the problems rather than just prescribe medications. I'd say 95% of people are wrongfully diagnosed.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Wos (not "wuz") ne uv that evn fcking english!!1!1!111?

On a serious note (I'll try and get through the horrible sentence that more closely resembles grunts and groans than an intelligible language), I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. You say that you've "tried to her as friends" and that you want suggestions. I'm not sure what you want suggestions for. Do you want to make her happier? Do you want to make her more bearable? Is she like some raving psycho bitch? The only advice that I can try to give here is to show her EXTREME patience and to try and let her voice what SHE wants and what SHE feels then go from there. If you're all just hanging around and she not talking, don't prod her. Let her come around in her own time, but make it clear that you are there as her friend.

Pachyderm

I really did.
Yeah, you need to be extremely patient with her. Good point Skitch-- I know if I lost friends I would have gotten more depressed. It's good to see it from someone whose already been there, and people who have delt with depressed people.

Infected_enigma

I pwn and you know it
Does she take any other 'illegal' drugs that you guys know of because I know many people who have done drugs and get depressed start cuttin themselves then go to rehab and come out of it and were never happier, then I have some who rehab just makes the want to kill themselves more so if your friend is on drugs (even alcohol or pot) I'd suggest she go to rehab

sorry my grammar and stuff was so bad! and that one line with "..tried to her..." it should be tried to help her...sorry! thanx for the advice!

Bitch Slap The Hoe Into Reality!!!

Being Nice Ain't Gonna Help This Bitch A Bit.
If You Are Her Friend, Get Real With Her And Be There When She Needs You.
Candy Coating The Shit Will Only Get You Candy-coated Shit.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Skylight_night said:
sorry my grammar and stuff was so bad! and that one line with "..tried to her..." it should be tried to help her...sorry! thanx for the advice!
No need to be sorry, I just had no f-ing clue what you were saying in some parts.