WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wee Demon

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
Why in the name of all that is holy does my child take malicious joy in doing the exact opposite of what I tell him to do? I can understand why he continues to pick his nose, but stuff like running toward the street? I literally had to get one of those kiddie leashes for him. I tried yelling. I tried time out. I tried taking away stuff he likes (like watching movies). I tried giving him a whap on the butt. Nothing. Then he looks at me and cackles and does whatever I just firmly told him not to do. I swear, he's going to get himself killed before he turns five. :mad:

anti-movielife

self medicated
have you tried electro shock therapy?...or maybe a whip?...i've heard pepper spray works too...

What I want someone to explain to me is, how can theses monsters wake you up several times in the night, then once that damn alarm clock goes off, and you have to drag your sorry ass out of bed, stumble into the bathroom -- HOW CAN THEY BE WIDE AWAKE DOING A FUCKING JIG IN YOUR BATHROOM WITH A BIG GOD DAMN SMILE???

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
Luckily, I rarely get rudely awakened before about 7am. But I know the feeling. I personally don't understand why being tired makes him (literally) run around in circles.

lobo

Banned - What an Asshat!
nyquil contains alcohol ... kids shouldn't drink it.

lobo said:
nyquil contains alcohol ... kids shouldn't drink it.

yes but if they do.. they're all sleepy and quiet..

i say give it to them

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
And I bet another part of your advice for dealing with a noisy child is to "shake em til they're silent".

Smiss

smissinat0r
I don't think it's right when parents give their kid nyquil or benadril just to get them to calm down. Actually Chrix got into a big fight with his ex about this (she does it, he got pissed)...

punkin

bitchy bitch
I have occasionally given my wee ones Kiddie Tylenol when they are just a MESS before bed. It helps them sleep but since there is no sleep agent, they must of needed it! I don't think you should do it very often but some nights you have to sleep before you decide to sell them on Ebay!

punkin said:
I have occasionally given my wee ones Kiddie Tylenol when they are just a MESS before bed. It helps them sleep but since there is no sleep agent, they must of needed it! I don't think you should do it very often but some nights you have to sleep before you decide to sell them on Ebay!

WRONG WRONG WRONG, follow instructions on aspirin bottle "take two tablets and keep away from children."

mthrlangl

Clitpickle
I don't generally have problems after I put him to bed. (Granted, sometimes he cries for a while, but we've come to realize that's just a ploy to make one of us come get him.) It's when he's awake that I have issues. He's been a bit better lately, but he still colored on the floor this morning after I told him not to, then wouldn't pick up his crayons, so he got them taken away. ::shrug:: It seems to be working a bit better; the more stuff I take away for a while, the less he seems to disobey.

Smiss

smissinat0r
Koehiir said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG, follow instructions on aspirin bottle "take two tablets and keep away from children."

That's ASPRIN. :p

punkin

bitchy bitch
Smiss said:
That's ASPRIN. :p
No, really! It is aspirin. Look it up!
Little ones can be a challenge but i try to tell myself enjoy their youth cuz
soon they will hate you. Teenage hood comes fast.!

Smiss

smissinat0r
punkin said:
No, really! It is aspirin. Look it up!
Little ones can be a challenge but i try to tell myself enjoy their youth cuz
soon they will hate you. Teenage hood comes fast.!
NONO! Ok, I spelled it wrong. That's not the point I was trying to make. It's that he was talking about "Kiddie Tylenol," and that is NOT aspirin.

Smiss

smissinat0r
pmsl? that's one I havent heard before.

Crocto

Cynicism Rules
mthrlangl said:
Why in the name of all that is holy does my child take malicious joy in doing the exact opposite of what I tell him to do?

i believe bill cosby once said "because they [kids] have brain damage"