WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Weed

Never thought i'd be saying this because when my boyfriend & I started dating, I was fully aware that he smoked pot. While we've been going out, i've gotten the urge to try it also. But lately the sensible part of me has kicked in and I keep asking him why he does it so much [sometimes 3-4 times a day] and I really don't understand it.

Like what's the point in doing it so many times in one day, you can't be high all day... the high has to end sooner or later. I don't even know if i'll try it because if I get pissed off at how much he does it, it would make me a hypocrite if I started as well.

I just don't see it...

Slacker

Postaholic
He is probaly trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd or just needs some extra money.

Linksy said:
He is probaly trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd or just needs some extra money.
Nah, that's definitely not him. He doesn't hang in a crowd. He has a job as well.

Jung

???
Premium
unleash_me said:
I was fully aware that he smoked pot. While we've been going out, i've gotten the urge to try it also. But lately the sensible part of me has kicked in and
If you were ok with it when you started dating, then you knew what you were getting into. If you have a problem with it now, then you need to talk to him about it. If it bothers you that much and he won't quit, well, then you have a descision to make.
I keep asking him why he does it so much [sometimes 3-4 times a day] and I really don't understand it. Like what's the point in doing it so many times in one day, you can't be high all day... the high has to end sooner or later.
Well obviously the high does end at some point, hence why he smokes more than once a day. Liken it to drinking beer; a few might get you bezzed, but you need to drink more than that to get drunk or keep your buzz. He obviously enjoys being high though, so you can either accept that or not.
I just don't see it.
You don't have to, because people are different. I'm sure he doesn't understand some things you do. (if for no other reason than you being female.) Relationships are give and take, and full of compromises. You just need to decide if you can give on this issue, or if it's not worth it. You can't expect him to stop something he likes just because you don't understand it.

If you don't want to try it, fine, but at least try to understand it. Ask him what's it's like and why he likes it so much, but do it in a way that doesn't seem like you're judging him. If you really have no genuine interest in his reasons, then feign it. It won't hurt anyone. ;)

If this isn't effecting your relationship in any other way, (ie: he still operates like a normal person) then I see no reason it should be an issue.

shoppe

Flame Bait
If you don't like that he does it so much, you could use your angle as the girlfriend and probably get him to stop. You're at an advantage. Just don't make it a definite, i.e. "If you don't stop smoking then we're through!" That's not going to solve anything. Just talk to him before you pick a side. You may change his mind about it, and he may even change your mind about it. Either way, I'm sure you two could agree on something. Good luck.

-Shoppe

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
LIGHT THAT SHIT UP!!!! ...puff puff give....dont fuck up the rotation.....

ericman123

CEO of the internet
mariusthegreat said:
LIGHT THAT SHIT UP!!!! ...puff puff give....dont fuck up the rotation.....

Might as well give it a try. It'll give you insight into why he smokes so much pot. Based on my experience though, I'm sure that your opinion will stay the same, since so many pot heads I know just smoke as an excuse to escape from life and it's responsibilities, not as a recreational substance that should be used as stress control like I see it.

Of course, if he smokes that much and still carries out a full, active life, then he is what a pothead should be; a functioning member society that just likes being high.

Love 'em or leave 'em. Hell it's your call.

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
Pot isn't as bad as a lot of people think that it is, as long as he doesn't start getting into heavier drugs he can be a loveable pothead. You can try it or not try it but don't do it to save the relationship or anything weak and shitty like that. If you're going to do it, go into it open minded. It is really hard to date a pothead when you're not one, because it's annoying (at least to me) to be around people that are high when I'm not high. They can't keep up with the conversation, they're very slow moving, and they are feeling lazy as all shit. WHen you are both high, neither of you can keep up with the conversation and you kind of just look at each other and decide to make out. Either way, there are more guys out there... try to talk to him about it, but if he smokes that much it won't be the first time he is dumped for smoking so much. Good luck to yeh.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Try it out, if you dont like it, then dont do it anymore. I have never tried anything of that sort... so i would not know...

angryboy

otter sauce
Pot isn't all that bad. 3-4 times a day does seem quite excessive, but pot is different for everyone. I will go with about everyone else here and say give it a try, you might like it. There honestly is no real reason not to. If you're the openminded sort to be with this person in the first place, you might as well take another step. Who knows, maybe things may work for the better.

Just don't get cought! :(

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
If you fell in love with the pothead, and he was smoking from the time you met, why would you want to fuck that up? Maybe he's a super asshole when he's not stoned and he uses it as a crutch to mellow him out, why not, people do it with legal drugs. In any case why would you change one of the fundemental things about a guy who you found attractive enough to want to get into a serious relationship? Obviously something about his smoking pot worked for you at one time. What has changed with you?