WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Well this sucks...

Descent

Hella Constipated
I just found out something NASTY about my video card, the Sapphire Atlantis 9700 Pro.

It performs 5% worse than an official ATI/Powercolor card. Why?

First off, the board design is not the ATI reference. The circuits are farther apart on it. That means higher latency, which means less performance.

The second factor is the crappy Etron Tech RAM. Sure, it's 2.8ns, but it's timings are WORSE than Samsung 3.3ns RAM. Now that's what I call bullshit!

It's still a fucking awesome card, but now I don't know if I will buy a Sapphire again...I mean, their cards aren't bad, they are just not as good as the competition's.

So why did I buy this thing?

I was short on cash, and needed to buy a refurb (Open box) 9700 Pro off Newegg. Well, the good Sapphire model with the nice cooling and Samsung RAM sold out (No, they weren't going to get any more), so it was put up or shut up. I had to get this model before they ran out of stock of it.

At least I know that the RAM is rated at DDR700 *Goes and OC's the RAM by 50MHz*

EDIT: RAM cannot even "OC" to it's rated speeds. Never again, Sapphire!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Come on...What the fuck?! 23 views, and not one reply?! Spread the word how much Sapphire fucking sucks, tell your buddies who are ATI fans. They need to know about it!

It's like the Allegra-D Commercial.

"Ask your tech-savvy friend how much Sapphire sucks. You need to know about it!"