WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Were any of your clothes 'Made In Mexico'?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
The US Border Patrol's were... and now they are worried.:eek:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=150595

"WASHINGTON -- The labels inside U.S. Border Patrol uniforms have been making many federal agents feel uneasy.

It's not the fit or feel of the olive-green shirts and pants, but what their labels read: “Made in Mexico.''

Agents and lawmakers are concerned about the consequences if the uniforms for agents charged with combating illegal immigration fall into the hands of criminals or terrorists.

U.S. Rep. John Carter, R-Round Rock, worries about how easy it might be for people to cross the border if they stole a uniform.

Customs officials say they haven't detected any security breaches or misuse of the uniforms. Strict security measures are in place, including on-site inspections at the Mexican plant.

For more than a year, the shirts and pants worn by agents and inspectors with U.S. Customs and Border Protection have been made in Mexico.

The uniforms are supplied by VF Solutions of Nashville, Tennessee, which subcontracts its work to plants in the U.S., Mexico, Canada and the Dominican Republic."

---------------------

Them being made in Mexico is retarded. The 'terrorists' are going to get into the country easier 'disguising' themselves as ordinary citizens instead of Border Patrol Agents. I mean come on. Who wouldn't build a bomb in house instead of trying to ship one internationally?

Mr. Sandman

acidum arsenici
wtf

lol reminds me of the AIRFORCE hat I had that said "MADE IN IRAQ" on the label.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Despite all the security, how easy would it be for a Mexican working there to grab a uniform? I mean, how easy is it to steal stuff from your work?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Well shit. That's what I get for not reading the Issues more often.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah, but who cares. I think we should let them all in, turn Mexico and Canada into holds of the US. Why the hell not? Besides, people who run over the border, aside from drug dealers, dont really pose a threat to Americans. I sure as hell am not working as a migrant field worker. I dont like border guards anyways, they are fucking assholes. They treated us like shit because my mom was married to a mexican, who I hate and hope spends an eternity in hell, but that is besides the point. I hope they all choke on their made in Mexico collars, that would be fitting, me thinks.

Grrrr!

First off, Americans should stop buying anything that was made in another country, and force the companies to bring their factories back to america, with good american quality, no more of this cheap chinese plastic, and cars that fall apart after the first 100 miles. and secondly, we need to start forcing mexican immigrants to learn english, this is an english speaking country, not a spanish one...no english, no job...that simple...and thirdly, we need to start enforcing all those immigration laws we have. stop letting in illegal immigrants...everybody knows they work under the table at places...secretly on the payroll...it has been my experience that most of them are dealing drugs to get by, with 10 packed into a single wide trailer. but who am I to say all this...I'm not even registered to vote yet...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
gallowraven said:
First off, Americans should stop buying anything that was made in another country, and force the companies to bring their factories back to america, with good american quality, no more of this cheap chinese plastic, and cars that fall apart after the first 100 miles. and secondly, we need to start forcing mexican immigrants to learn english, this is an english speaking country, not a spanish one...no english, no job...that simple...and thirdly, we need to start enforcing all those immigration laws we have. stop letting in illegal immigrants...everybody knows they work under the table at places...secretly on the payroll...it has been my experience that most of them are dealing drugs to get by, with 10 packed into a single wide trailer. but who am I to say all this...I'm not even registered to vote yet...
america doesn't have an official language.. some states do.
english is merely the dominant language, not the mandated language.

most of them sell drugs?
who told you that? because you can't have had the experience of knowing most immigrants.

gallowraven said:
Wow. You really didn't think this through, did you? Most American brands suck. For example, what kind of TV do you have in your house? It's most likely an Asian brand. What about school supplies? Most are made in Mexico and Canada. Oil? You can bet on the Middle East. Besides, do you have any idea how much money rolls in through international trade? Read an Economics textbook. And FYI, you can't force someone to learn a new language. That's unconstitutional.