WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Whaling!!! Japan wants to go commercial!!!

Insanitee

I know where you live!
...Japan's whaling plan voted down 31-24 as IWC opens annual session

Monday, June 20, 2005 at 14:23 JST
ULSAN, South Korea — Japan released a new plan to expand the catch for its research whaling program as the International Whaling Commission opened its 57th plenary assembly meeting Monday in Ulsan, South Korea.

On the first day of the five-day annual meeting, IWC member states, however, rejected a Japanese proposal to exclude a proposed creation of whale sanctuaries from the conference's agenda.

They are also asking for permision to commercially hunt these poor whales! They have apparently already brought the votes of many smaller nations with aid donations.
I think this is one of the most discusting proposals i have seen from a country in a long time. Thoughts pls...

All that just for their lunch. Assholes.

Just so you know... Most of the whales are still alive while flesh is pealed from their bodies! Gee thats FUCKING HUMANE...

EDIT: Be careful that you dont post anything racist. Dont Stereotype. Not everyone in Japan supports whaling. But to those who do: :mfinger:

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
yah the japanese are infamous for over fishing the oceans. if i recall, they harvest about 10%-15% of the worlds fish population (((that little tiny country!!!!!!!))) a lot of fish.

Shaggy2Dope94

My axe is my buddy
gurlgonewild said:
yah the japanese are infamous for over fishing the oceans. if i recall, they harvest about 10%-15% of the worlds fish population (((that little tiny country!!!!!!!))) a lot of fish.

:rotflmao:

fuckin japs they should have all died during WWII fuckin assholes

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Personally I think all whaling vessels should be torpedoed and sunk; their occupants left to die of hypothermia/drowning.

On second thought; not to leave anything to chance, a liberal quantity of chum should be distributed to ensure a healthy shark attendance.

In areas where the shark population is sparse, a peppering from a 50 cal. deck mount should suffice. Though I’m not real thrilled with the risk of introducing all that lead into the environment, or taking the chance of injuring innocent sea life.

Unless whales are hiding WMD's or helping terrorists. In which case I take all that back. If that's the case, we should attack the sea, and kill everything in it. :thumbsup:

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Yeah I'll do sushi, but I think whales are going to become extinct as it is and the japs should lay the fuck off...

What the fuck, they don't even eat that much.
When I went to Japan, you pay like 7 bucks for a tiny, pansy-ass plate of sushi.
With a whale you could feed.... the entire country of Japan.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I think it's stupid for them to allow harvesting of the whales again. Useless fuckers. There's plenty of things to eat becides killing the few whales that are left.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Some opinion polls show that younger generations of Japanese are more interested in conservation than culinary delights. The price for whale meat in Japan has decreased in recent years -- falling to $12 a pound in 2004 compared with $15 a pound in 1999. Demand for whale meat has been anemic. Last year, the industry put 20 percent of its 4,000-ton haul into frozen surplus.
Source

“Japan's 'scientific' whaling nets $38 million a year from selling the meat,
Source #2

You have to admit, it is a very lucrative business even if the demand is declining.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
bnccoderYou have to admit, it is a very lucrative business even if the demand is declining.
Not to argue too much but gun smuggling is a very lucrative business too. The fact that you can make money doing something, does not always make it a valid reason to do so.

Insanitee

I know where you live!
See that’s disgusting, the meat went into surplus!!! And they want to kill MORE whales!!! Some of them are endangered for fucks sake.

WTF!

R

RedOctober

I agree, it is time to take action and arrest whale ships.
If they don't comply, sink them.

And the Japanese are not alone, also the Norwegians.

That could be a bit tricky, because we would be torpedoing our own Nato partner. :rolleyes:

But the reason is obvious.
Man is busy to reach for the stars, we visited the moon, plan voyages to mars, but we don't know shit about our oceans!

For the future it is more important to save the whales, than some stupid greedy whalers.

BTW
Another tricky problem are the high energy SONAR installations the Americans are testing and using. They also endanger the whales, because their navigation system is going banana's.