WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What about this one?

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
This might take some of you off guard. I DON"T agree with president Bush on everything!

Who thinks that stem cell research isn't a good idea? If you think that it isn't then why are you still allowed to steal oxygen?

Jung

???
Premium
Who thinks NOT looking for a cure to cancer is a good idea? Should we not explore every possibility? I think a lot can be gained from stem cell research. Too bad ultra conservatives and christian fundamentalist can't see that.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
No - I think it would be cool have cancerous cells inside me replicate numerous times ultimately causing my death! Too bad God doesn't want us to do anything about it - he told me in person! LOL

:rolleyes:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Man...Evangelist Christians make me sick!

Why?

1. They are stupid.
2. They hate "******s," "Chinks," "Japs," "Sand ******s," "Kikes," "Dotheads," "Fags," "Atheists," etc.
3. They have no common sense.
4. They have no common sense.
5. They have no common sense.
6. They have no common sense.
7. They never question anything.
8. They are closed minded,
9. They think they are always right.

I think that about sums it up.

Hello Jstager, I am an Evangelical Christian. Since I am pretty open minded (Supported Kerry), am not racist and analyze everything I hear, I have to find your post a generalization.
Generalizations are always false.

Jung

???
Premium
What are your views on homosexuals or seperation of god and state though? Just curious, not trying to single you out.

Not at all junglizm, here are my views:

I think government should make no law that defines what marriage is, and the church should not be able to tell the government to whom it should give benefits.

My solution is this:

The state should not be able to marry (in the strictest sense of the word) couples. Control should be abolished from the states and given over to the church. Again, government should make no law that defines what marriage is, and the church should not be able to tell the government to whom it should give benefits.

To the state, every "joined" couple is in a civil union. A civil union can be just that, for the benefits to homosexual couples and couples do not care about the "marriage" title, or it can be defined as marriage if said couple is married in a church of their choice. The state can record that it is a marriage, but can not govern it.

I do not think any Christian church should marry homosexual couples.

My view of homosexual couples (seperate from the marriage deal) is this:

Lusting after anyone who is not your spouse, according to my beliefs, is a sin. All sins are equal before God. Lusting after a man is exactly the same as lusting after a woman. Fornication is fornication, hetero or homosexual, and a sin. In addition from the Bible sodomy is specifically labeled a perversion.

Seperation of Church and State.

Thomas Jefferson did not want a "Church of The United States" and neither do I. I agree with it.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
jstager said:
8. They are closed minded,
yet you are the one that said that they all hate... *insert racial groups*... way to closed mindedly lump them all together...

GWB is the first prezident to allocate federal funds to stem-cell research.. there is a line of stem-cells that come from embryos that have already been destroyed... that can replicate.. that he wants to use... he also supports adult and cord stemcell research... he just doesn't support the harvesting of fertilized embryos for research... that would make him consistent with his views on abortion...

Jung

???
Premium
Golgotha said:
Religion and seperation of church and state.
Well, I would have to say that you're one of the few christians to answer that with such compassion and understanding. I think you truly understand your religion, and it's place in our government.:thumbsup: Sadly, some choose to use religion as a tool to fuel and justify their own agendas.

The only thing I disagree on is the trouble with the word marriage. Imo it's just a technicality, especially since marriage was originally a pagan concept. Irreguardless of religion all marriages are civil unions in the eyes of the government. I'm not sure why so much leverage is placed on a simple word. But, I'm not for taking away anyone's right to be married in front of their god.