WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What are the odds?

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
The craziest thing happened to me on Sunday.

So Saturday I went to my friend's house and left my bike unlocked in his lobby. I ended up drinking a lot at a bar a half a mile away from his house and didn't feel like picking up the bike.

Sunday, I went to my other friend's bar and I'm playing guitar outside and this old man came up to me and we started talking and he offers me a bike. I took the bike 'cause it's a better fit.

Monday, I get a phone call from my friend asking me if I picked up the bike from his place. I had not.

Apparently, my original bike was stolen the day before (Sunday).

So basically, I got a bike roughly around the same time mine was being stolen.

What are the chances of that happening?

Very odd.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Yeah you lucked out bud...
see stuff like that doesnt happen to me. lol

Blaze

Pyromaniac Extraordinaire
yeah dude, that's some luck for your ass. Although, I remember a similar thing happened to me some years ago. In my case it was a laptop computer. I spent the night over a friend's house and left it there for two days thinking it was no big deal leaving it there - I could come back over at any time and get it, right? Most of the people in the apartment building where my friend lives was burglarized by a group of youths on a smash and grab run :soldier: . And my friend's place was one of them. I spent about $1200 or so of my hard earned money to get that thing and *poof*, gone.

But isn't it always the way......a crackhead :shiner: sauntering down the street goes, "pssst. you! i can sell ya a digital camera for...." I told him that i wasn't interested. Then he went, "hey, then how 'bout this playstation 2 - for you i'll take 80 bucks." "No thanks," I said. Then he whips out a sweet top of the line laptop (normally for about 2 to 3 thousand) for a ridiculously low price of price of $200. What? Why look a gifted horse in the mouf, right? Before I even bought it I asked him if I could check it out, turn it on and see if everything's in workin' order. Now any crackhead worth a two pennies :twocents: wouldn'tve let me check it out. Cuz if it was broke or password protected and useless, he would've gotten $200 smackers scott free! But he wuz a dam sucka.

Voila! So I got myself a brand new laptop, tax free :jig: . In the words of Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World), "Zang! :thumbsup: "

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Heh heh heh, I've always caught the bastards trying to steal my bikes. So far I'm four for four.

Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle!
I want to ride my bicycle, bicycle, bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is-

(etc, etc)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
zoloftcasserole said:
I want to ride my bike

You say bark I say bite
All I wanna do is-

(etc, etc)

me and my friend used to refer to weed as bycicle in like 9th grade. we're going riding bikes mom! lol

BklynCannonball

zoloftcasserole said:
I want to ride my bike

You say bark I say bite
All I wanna do is-

(etc, etc)
Somebody was visiting the arcade recently.

My personal favorite Bike song is by Floyd

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like
It's got a basket a bell that rings and things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could but I borrowed it...

Blaze

Pyromaniac Extraordinaire
Bicycle! Bicycle!.......LOL :lol: That song will now and forever have a new meaning for me. Any1 see that crazy ass movie How High with rappers Method Man and Red Man in it? That bicycle song by Queen came on at a point in the movie when some dweeby jerkoff got his bike stolen and then it was ran over by about 3 or 4 cars, a mack truck, then the parts were scooped up by some local thugs driving by. :thumbsup: too funny.

BklynCannonball

Everybody who's had their bike stolen secretly wishes that happens to the person who stole it. lol.

I'm sorry did I say that? ;)

PoisonIvy

I hate plants!!
zoloftcasserole said:
I want to ride my bike

You say bark I say bite
All I wanna do is-

(etc, etc)
Woo for the Queen reference.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Blaze said:
yeah dude, that's some luck for your ass. Although, I remember a similar thing happened to me some years ago. In my case it was a laptop computer. I spent the night over a friend's house and left it there for two days thinking it was no big deal leaving it there - I could come back over at any time and get it, right? Most of the people in the apartment building where my friend lives was burglarized by a group of youths on a smash and grab run :soldier: . And my friend's place was one of them. I spent about $1200 or so of my hard earned money to get that thing and *poof*, gone.

But isn't it always the way......a crackhead :shiner: sauntering down the street goes, "pssst. you! i can sell ya a digital camera for...." I told him that i wasn't interested. Then he went, "hey, then how 'bout this playstation 2 - for you i'll take 80 bucks." "No thanks," I said. Then he whips out a sweet top of the line laptop (normally for about 2 to 3 thousand) for a ridiculously low price of price of $200. What? Why look a gifted horse in the mouf, right? Before I even bought it I asked him if I could check it out, turn it on and see if everything's in workin' order. Now any crackhead worth a two pennies :twocents: wouldn'tve let me check it out. Cuz if it was broke or password protected and useless, he would've gotten $200 smackers scott free! But he wuz a dam sucka.

Voila! So I got myself a brand new laptop, tax free :jig: . In the words of Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World), "Zang! :thumbsup: "
chances are that those boys were working for the crackdealer. :(