WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What browser do you use?

What browser do you use?

• Total voters

Jung

???
Premium
I've always been an Opera fan, well, at least until I found out about Firefox. I switched to Phoenix when I heard about the extension system, and I've been using what became Firefox ever since.

Which browser do you use?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Firefox as well....no malware problems yet...just a great browser.

Is it possible to completely remove IE from WinXp without fucking around with the registry?

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
Is it possible to completely remove IE from WinXp without fucking around with the registry?
No, it's part of the shell (explorer.exe). Even if you uninstall it, the first time you click the Windows Update icon, IE will open back up. You shouldn't have a problem with leaving it on there though, as long as you don't use it. I only use mine for the few sites that require it, and Windows updates.

</rant>

Tenderony
Safari on my mac at home, Firefox on my pc at home, Mozilla 1.2.1 on my mac at work. Its os9..

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I use Safari right now (cause I use a Mac right now). When I'm using Linux or Solaris I use Mozilla. When I'm on a PC, anything but :thumbsdn: IE.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Earthlink (yes i realize it's an ISP, but they have browser software)

it's actually pretty good.

I love mozilla, not just for having better spyware protection but also for tabbed browsing. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
Lynx omg i love that...it's so awesome
Same here, but I forgot to check it. I use it and BTDownLoadCurses.py to grab torrents from terminal. :thumbsup:

Sektor

Particinator
Internet Explorer.

If you stay away from suspicious sites, you shouldn't have any problems. I have no spyware on my computer, and I've been using IE for more than a year now.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I use a mixture of four, depending on which machine.

I use Opera/MyIE2 for older, slower machines, as well as IE.

For faster machines, I run FireFox/IE.

I'm currently running IE5 because I am working off a virgin 98 Lite 4.5 install as we speak.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Firefox, Safari, and IE when in a jam!

Jung

???
Premium
I've owned a Mac since Dec, and I used Safari for the first time today. It's actually not that bad. :thumbsup:

I use mozilla, does anyone know if netscape navigator still exists?