WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What can we do against Power?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Nothing. Democracy is democracy, you have to get the majority to win. If the majority are redneck retards, or islamist fanatics, you loose.

What if the majority of country X elected Bin Laden? Just like the majority of Germany elected Hitler in the '30s ? Just like the majority of Americans elected Bush in 2001?

What can we do if the majority elects the wrong side? Fuckshit. Democracy sucks, if the majority is wrong. AND IT IS WRONG, RIGHT NOW.

I'm fucking sick of wannabe righteous justice and so-called God-blessed democracy. It's a huge pile of fucking bullshit.

Nature is dying, and there isn't a second planet to live on. Capitalism and technology combined with human stupidity is destroying the planet. Where is GOD in the biggest crisis the world has ever faced? We justify our mistakes with democracy, "hey if the people elect them, then it must be the right choice." FUCKING BULLSHIT. Fuck you with your right choice, it's not the right choice. We're going in the WRONG direction. FUCK democracy, I'm serious, it fucking blows. And even then, the People don't really have a choice, voting choices are really just paths to the same fucking deadend.

We're fucking doomed, seriously, look at the state of nature, how many fucking animals extinct every year? How much forest is being razed? How many people die of hunger? Every year, the number of poor people is RISING because they make more babies than capitalism can feed. Fuck democracy, if it supports the world of shit we make billions of people live in.

Now the point of this thread is the following : do you believe in democracy? even considering the current world situation? why?

edit: I was drunk when I wrote this, but I still think it.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RageAgainst said:
Nothing. Democracy is democracy, you have to get the majority to win. If the majority are redneck retards, or islamist fanatics, you loose.

What if the majority of country X elected Bin Laden? Just like the majority of Germany elected Hitler in the '30s ? Just like the majority of Americans elected Bush in 2001?

What can we do if the majority elects the wrong side? Fuckshit. Democracy sucks, if the majority is wrong. AND IT IS WRONG, RIGHT NOW.

I'm fucking sick of wannabe righteous justice and so-called God-blessed democracy. It's a huge pile of fucking bullshit.

Nature is dying, and there isn't a second planet to live on. Capitalism and technology combined with human stupidity is destroying the planet. Where is GOD in the biggest crisis the world has ever faced? We justify our mistakes with democracy, "hey if the people elect them, then it must be the right choice." FUCKING BULLSHIT. Fuck you with your right choice, it's not the right choice. We're going in the WRONG direction. FUCK democracy, I'm serious, it fucking blows. And even then, the People don't really have a choice, voting choices are really just paths to the same fucking deadend.

We're fucking doomed, seriously, look at the state of nature, how many fucking animals extinct every year? How much forest is being razed? How many people die of hunger? Every year, the number of poor people is RISING because they make more babies than capitalism can feed. Fuck democracy, if it supports the world of shit we make billions of people live in.

Now the point of this thread is the following : do you believe in democracy? even considering the current world situation? why?

edit: I was drunk when I wrote this, but I still think it.
Drunkeness aside, you make some good points.

The way to fight power is to get involved, organize and gain power.

There is no lasting peace through violence, or revolution.

If we lose our way of government, we will end up like all the other fractured countries that are taken over every couple of years by some group of power hungry psychos who are there to raid the till.

The US has been powerful and successful because of their adhereance to structure of the governement set a little over 200 years ago.

Do I believe in Democracy - absolutely. It is the most desirable system. I don't see any form of government that I would rather be governed by.

Communisim, Marxism all sound great, but they don't work.

Stot

Banned - What an Asshat!
There is no such thing as democracy m8!!! and freedom n choice is a figure of speech!! You think ur free n have choices but you only choose from the choices on offer 2 you that this so called democratic society provides you with. But at the same time if you did'nt live in a democracy what would be your choice of life?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Another thing, in the US you have choice between two parties, you call that choice? There is no real choice in the current "democracy" system. If you don't like where the current government is going, all you can do is vote for the other party at the next elections, and even then you might not like what they're doing. The only ones who can change anything in the society are the elite, because THEY have the power.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
though that all may very well be true, in the USA you still (unlike anywhere else in the world) can become apart of the elite.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
gurlgonewild said:
though that all may very well be true, in the USA you still (unlike anywhere else in the world) can become apart of the elite.
Not if you believe what they are doing is wrong, and would like things to change, and have environmental priorities. You'd find yourself with a bullet in the head long before you become powerful enough to do that.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I fail to understand what democracy has to do with human nature. Setting aside the obvious beef with the current politics, what does this all mean? It's Man's nature as a whole to destroy itself. I understand that you don't care for Bush and his big money ways of running this country. Fact is, he was elected by the people of the country that you hate so much. Whether you voted for him or not, you are one of those people. Destruction is far from being contained here. It's all over the world. Looking into the future, it's pretty safe to say that we're fuct. I can assure you that it isn't Man's intentions doing so. Nevertheless, it is our destiny. It's going to happen reguardless. Every dominant lifeform on this planet throughout history has met the same fate in some form or another. Good luck with your quest. Being that you're only one of many, you really don't have much time to screw around, do you?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
gehtfuct said:
I fail to understand what democracy has to do with human nature. Setting aside the obvious beef with the current politics, what does this all mean? It's Man's nature as a whole to destroy itself. I understand that you don't care for Bush and his big money ways of running this country. Fact is, he was elected by the people of the country that you hate so much. Whether you voted for him or not, you are one of those people. Destruction is far from being contained here. It's all over the world. Looking into the future, it's pretty safe to say that we're fuct. I can assure you that it isn't Man's intentions doing so. Nevertheless, it is our destiny. It's going to happen reguardless. Every dominant lifeform on this planet throughout history has met the same fate in some form or another. Good luck with your quest. Being that you're only one of many, you really don't have much time to screw around, do you?
You're almost right.

But I can give you exemples of systems that did respect nature, and did not destroy everything because of greed. Native Americans. When they killed an animal, they thanked it, and used all of it.

Then the white people came with guns and fucking pwned them all, and proceeded to destroy the continent.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I understand your point to a degree. Unfortunately, It's not all about greed, but more of expansion. Everday people are born. Everyday they need places to live, eat and shit. Every action causes waste, in vast numbers. In the end it consumes natural resources forcing us to looking for more suitable places to inhabit. As long as Man lives on this planet, the planet will view human life as you view a viral infection. Eventually your body fights off that infection and it's numbers are reduced to a tollerable number. Much like the earth will. Plan your vacation now. Democracy? I think not. It's destiny.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
gehtfuct said:
As long as Man lives on this planet, the planet will view human life as you view a viral infection. Eventually your body fights off that infection and it's numbers are reduced to a tollerable number. Much like the earth will.
Interesting view, so you think Earth will try to wipe us off (with like viruses, earthquakes and shit like that?)

I think it will probably end like 12 monkeys, the movie. Most people will die and the rest will live under, or some fucked up shit.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
RageAgainst said:
Interesting view, so you think Earth will try to wipe us off (with like viruses, earthquakes and shit like that?)

I think it will probably end like 12 monkeys, the movie. Most people will die and the rest will live under, or some fucked up shit.
It's only a theory. There is no way to predict the future outcome of human evolution. Unless you look back on human history.....

Then it all becomes painfully clear.

Think about it. What would your body do when it's overcome by infection? It does what any body of life would do to survive. It combats what keeps it down. The earth is the same thing, just on a grander scale. From a single cell to the vastness of the universe. It all works in the same order of chaos.

OMGROFFLECOPTER

Banned - What an Asshat!
Put it this way: If you're against Democracy, you must be the minority, in which case you are too insignificant to matter. You cannot, repeat, CAN NOT change anything. Stop whining, and either conform, or move out of the US.