WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines what death toll is too high?

What death toll is too high?

• Total voters

tzedek

Original Member
in regards to iraq, who thinks that there is a point where you say "OK enough is enough we are done."

Descent

Hella Constipated
I think we may have reached that point.

Also, now we all know that Smoke-It is your average selfish teenager. Look what he voted for.

Congratulations Smoke. You just made an enemy.

I think it's been too high since the first bomb was dropped. 1160 soldiers and 120,000 civilians dead over an oil war? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WORLD COMING TOO?!?!?!?!

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
To defend your country, the death toll may be high, but not ONE life should be lost for the arrogance, and stupidity of one man...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
one is too high...

Suicide_forest said:
over an oil war?
if its for oil.. well I can't wait till we start gettin some of it over here....

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Any time that someone gives their life to defend or serve their country, it is up to the people of the country to take what that person has given and make it worth something to benefit the whole. There is never a time that dying or sacrificing one's own self will be settling. However, there are those brave men and women who will do it every day. To lose ONE of them is a tragedy, because if more people would, then there would be no need for it at all.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Smoke It , did you say "WHO CARES"? Shame on you!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
VOR said it. Even one soldier getting a hang nail over a concocted, and fabricated cause is too much.
I'm still wondering when we're going to invade all the other countries that have leaders, that the world is better off without.

gah.

it just doesn't work like that, having some cutoff which is too many people dying and suddenly it's not worth it anymore. we set a national objective of removing saddam from power for lots of reasons, most of which can be traced back to our own national security (and i'm not talking about WMDs)

when that happens and you go after it, you go after it 100% and some people are going to die. we could have removed saddam from power by flattening their country, but that wouldn't be very nice of us. war is a messy messy business, especially when you're playing by the rules and the bad guys aren't

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
It's amazing to me that there are still bombings and troops are being killed, aren't our troops trained better than Iraqi/Saudi/Afghani warlords and suicidals?

My friend once said we should nuke everyone but the USA.. Even though that would cause mass chaos and probably nuclear war (sorry kerry) I'm starting to think we just should say Fuck It everyones dieing.. Maybe keep Canada around..

better trained, yes. better behaved, yes. they don't adhere to the geneva convention and we do.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
It's amazing to me that there are still bombings and troops are being killed, aren't our troops trained better than Iraqi/Saudi/Afghani warlords and suicidals?
I agree with gummers... we are using pacified rules of engagement... that cost our soldiers...I fault GWB for using "election year"/"Al Jezeera" ROE..shoot first ask later...

that's really not what i was saying, but whatever. when you're fighting with as much respect as possible for human life and dignity it's pretty hard to fight against an enemy that doesn't. that's all. and that's all the more reason to fight the fight, because the people with no respect for life and liberty need to go.

If people are gonna die then that's it... no one cares about civillians... Well the Americans care about US civillians but not about the civillians in the country they're bombing!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
There is no number, it doesnt matter how many soldiers have to die.

this was my vote,but i think i meant it in a different way. I think one soldier dying for some stupid shit is too many. why cant people stop being assholes? why do people have to have wars? it just sucks that to defend human rights (and the oil companies rights) someone has to die. that should not be the case.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
if people are dumb enough to go to war (no offense kits army man) then it is their fault they died killing someone

morelos

lexicon incognito
dangeo23 said:
if its for oil.. well I can't wait till we start gettin some of it over here....
BAHAHAHAAHAH... holy shit; i almost shit my pants.

we are getting it. only, by the time it gets over here it's been repatriated from oil into dollars and is funneled directly into some shareholders' pockets.

~ dan ~