What did you purchase recently? (2021)

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
I got a used car. Went to the license branch and paid for the title and registration.

• 1Beer
Reactions: 1 user

WolfmanYZ

Tu quoque morieris
A poster, It now hangs in front of my bed.

Attachments

• 1612975669973.png
    1612975669973.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1Face Palm
  • 1Kill It With Fire
Reactions: 1 users

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
A 43-inch monitor for my home office. Overkill? Yes. 10/10 - Would do it again.
I have a 34" monitor. I thought if I got anything taller, I would be have to move my head up and down to look at it. I hope you are sitting more than a foot away from yours.

hobo nickels
I bought a modified coin too, but it is not a recent purchase:

smoking-lincoln.jpg

The pipe and smoke rings are stamped into the penny. I believe I used this image as my third avatar picture on this site.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I have a 34" monitor.
I have a new 31.5" monitor.

I ordered a TV stand for my computer setup and it arrived Wednesday. Also Wednesday was my day off and I had plans to go to a local record store, FINALLY. (i've been wanting to go there for a couple months but it never happened) I spent at least an hour there looking through the bins. My haul:

- John Coltrane 'A Love Supreme ~ Live In Seattle'
- Freddie Hubbard 'Breaking Point'
- Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers 'The Witch Doctor'
- Jimi Hendrix 'People, Hell and Angels'
- Jimi Hendrix 'South Saturn Delta'
Also, a dancing bear slip mat.
dancing-bear.jpg

So, I get home and unpack the TV stand parts, lay them out all organized and such and start to put it together. I didn't get very far. I couldn't do it by hand with a screwdriver. I was texting with my buddy and he said he'd bring his drill over after dinner if the wifey would let him. That was a NO GO and I had already given up on the project anyway. He stopped by yesterday afternoon with his drill for me to borrow. I wasn't up for a project yesterday evening, either. In the meantime, I was looking up drills and such.

I went to Lowe's after work and bought a drill and screwdriver bits. That'll help me out in the long run.

• 1Like

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I spent another hour at the record store today after work. The reason I went is that there's a guitar store next door and I wanted to put money down on a guitar pedal that I don't need. It's a somewhat local company and they're doing a new limited production run of their tube overdrive pedal. I want it. I have another one of their pedals and I really like it. It's quirky and unique and different. The manager at the guitar store said that they're new in dealing with this company and he doesn't know when they will get them or how much they will cost, so he didn't take any money from me. Just took the order and put me at the top of the list when the pedal arrives.

Anyway, I was waiting for something to jump out and grab me at the record store but nothing was happening. I went in there with nothing to look for ... just sifting through the bins and trying to think of what might interest me. My haul:

- Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner

- Workin' With The Miles Davis Quintet

- John Lee Hooker - Alone <Volume 1 and Volume 2>

• 1Like