WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What do I do?

ferengi

Yay fire!
There's this girl I'm goin to school with. She's really nice and everything, and I'm beginning to find myself attracted to her. She's got a 2 year old kid from a previous relationship but that doesn't really bother me. We're pretty good friends, we have similar interests, both of us love horses, both of us are going to college for the same thing...
I can't tell if she's attracted to me or not though. Sometimes she says and does things that make it seem that way, and sometimes she doesn't talk to me other than a quick "hey, how ya doin today?"
I'm confused. I want to maybe ask her to dinner or something, but I don't know how she'll react. I'm afraid if I make any kind of advances, I'll ruin the friendship we already have.
What should I do? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
ferengi74656 said:
There's this girl I'm goin to school with. She's really nice and everything, and I'm beginning to find myself attracted to her. She's got a 2 year old kid from a previous relationship but that doesn't really bother me. We're pretty good friends, we have similar interests, both of us love horses, both of us are going to college for the same thing...
I can't tell if she's attracted to me or not though. Sometimes she says and does things that make it seem that way, and sometimes she doesn't talk to me other than a quick "hey, how ya doin today?"
I'm confused. I want to maybe ask her to dinner or something, but I don't know how she'll react. I'm afraid if I make any kind of advances, I'll ruin the friendship we already have.
What should I do? :confused: :confused: :confused:
ask her to do something she won't think of other than being friends at first... like going to a party... and tell her she can bring someone... or to the movies... blah blah blah boring high school dates and what not... you know the type... no harm no foul.

ferengi

Yay fire!
brainwashmonkey said:
...like going to a party...
I've never been to a single party in my life. Plus, I've only lived in this area for about 5 months now... don't really know anyone enough to get invited to any parties.

or to the movies..
That might work... I don't know though. When she's not goin to school she's usually working. I know she has some free time every now and then, not sure if she'd wanna go to a movie or not though...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
just go for it man... no shame in not trying.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
ferengi74656 said:
I've never been to a single party in my life. Plus, I've only lived in this area for about 5 months now... don't really know anyone enough to get invited to any parties.

That might work... I don't know though. When she's not goin to school she's usually working. I know she has some free time every now and then, not sure if she'd wanna go to a movie or not though...
Umm... you go to class... you are in college... you have to know people in class... they go to parties...

You really oughta check out college... act like an ass... outside of class and away from women that catch your fancy of course. You have 4 years to be retarded and the rest of your life to be Average Joe in Podunksville.

Easty

Click click boom
u gotta muster up the courage and ask her. if she says no, then you'll know the truth.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I agree, man. Ask her to dinner at a nice place. Don't be afraid. What's the worst that happens? If she says no and you guys aren't friends any more, then what have you lost? Nothing but confusion. I know how you feel, and I know that you're 100 times better off going for it.

Good luck. And for god's sake, DO IT, don't wait!

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I had the same shit happen to me about three months ago....Same exact thing...One day we were walking back to her car after class and I just let it rip "Hey...we should do something this weekend." "Yea..that sounds good, let me give you my number." Score son.

Its all in the asking...If you do it casually enough and dont get all excited...you'll be in. If she says no...dont get all drama queened out, Just take her excuse at face value or you'll be fucking yourself with assumptions (as a wise old sage once put it.)
Basically dont take it too seriously....Just enjoy the ride.

Eastside's sig is priceless....I dont know if he lifted it from somewhere though.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Do you have any friends that might be willing to go to out on a casual night together with you and her? That way you can spend time with her as a couple but neither of you are forced to actually talk to eachother if things get weird. If things go well tell her you'd like to see her again and to maybe to to the movies or hang out at maybe the park with her kid and just you. That way it still remains casual but friendly. maybe something will go on from there. ask her to dinner then if the park date goes well. Let her know you are enjoying this time together. If she seems to be enjoying it as well then ask her out on an official date. Spending time with her on a casual setting can sometimes make it easier to see if she would accept a more official date or not.

The main thing is, if you don't try it, you could be missing out on a great relationship. You'll never know what you missed unless you try.

If things don't go the way you hoped and she says no, then take it as it is and try to remain friends. Let her know (after she turns you down) that you are happy with the way things are and you'd like to remain friends.

It happened to me. A friend asked me out and I turned him down. We remained friends for a while after that...no hard feelings. It was worth a try and I was rather flattered he asked.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Many times women who have children from previous relationships have a hard time showing they like someone. They are already self conscious having a 2 year old baby, and figure nobody will be interested because of that. I say, like the rest, go for but don't dive in. I like the line: want to do something this weekend. It could be taken either way friend or date.

Easty

Click click boom
bigck3000, i didnt get it from anywhere. thats exactly how i play games.

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
I would keep it at a friendship, i know better then to get with a girl with a kid, (wether it bothers you or not it will cause problems in the future).