WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What do you do when. . .

Okay, I apologize now if this one has been done before, but I need advice on this topic. Here's the situation:
I have a crush on a guy who is totally wrapped up in this girl that he almost had a date with. The problem is not that I have a crush on him because I know that it wouldn't work between us, but the problem is that I want to help him get over her. She's all wrong for him, and he knows it. He gets really depressed about the situation and has even mentioned suicidal thoughts several times. I have done my best to help him, but I'm not sure I'm really getting through to him. He says he needs to handle this by himself. Am I being too interfering? Should I let him deal with it himself since that's what he feels he needs to do? Or should I continue to "stick my nose in his business?" Part of the problem is that as much as I want to help him, I don't want to seem like I'm being pushy, nor do I want to cross the line. Give me your thoughts.

I've done that, and he says he knows it. He's trying to get over her, but he's like me, tends to dig himself into ruts emotionally.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Judging by the fabulous advice of the previous posts, I thought I would give my highly valued opinion.

First off, if he is going to kill himself over some chick, let alone one that he hasn't even gone on a date with, he is super stupid and should go ahead and kill himself.

Secondly, it's his own problem that he cannot get over her, so I would just leave his ass to whine and moan for her. It'll kick him in the ass soon enough.

And thirdly, what are you doing this friday. :p :thumbsup:

But overall, just forget about him and he will come crawling back to you once this chick has used and abused him. :thumbsup:

Wow, that's a lot to digest. Friday, I'm going to see Amytiville Horror with some friends. I heard it's supposed to be really scary, and I love scary. :cool:
I disagree with anyone killing themself. I'm pretty much a "tolerate everyone as long as they don't piss me off"
He was never with me, so he can't exactly come "crawling back to me." He's just a guy that I was interested in but am getting over because I know it wouldn't work even if he wasn't wrapped up in this other girl.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
First off : Nice sig. Best movie ever.

Second : Guys hate it when two girls are interested in them, or they're interested in one girl and another girl likes them, they (I) can't stand when one or the girl who is interested suddenly becomes uninterested. I usually go for her when she's uninterested...

I agree with the movie part. As for the second, I'm sorry I can't exactly help the fact that I like him. He's never going to be interested in me, so I don't think I have to worry about him coming after me and me being uninterested. (I know that didn't exactly make sense, but I think it got the point across.)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Best bet: leave him be. Be his pal etc... but don't get into the shit with the other chick. If he wants to bring it up fine. It's not your mess, it's not your problem and it's out of your hands anyway.

You can't fix him an it's not even your responsibility to try. If he's talking about offing himself your responsiblity is to bring that to the attention of the people who ARE responsible and have the training to deal.

Be his friend. Don't be his codependant.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
tiger_86 said:
I agree with the movie part. As for the second, I'm sorry I can't exactly help the fact that I like him. He's never going to be interested in me, so I don't think I have to worry about him coming after me and me being uninterested. (I know that didn't exactly make sense, but I think it got the point across.)

You could pretend though
I agree with what Uber is saying as well, if you tell someone who could help him more so than you could, thats probably the best way to go

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
Well this guy seems to be a real nut job but I guess I kinda understand. Sometimes you just cant do anything Tiger, just let him figure this one out for himself, or allow himself he needs help and ask himself. Otherwise he'll rely on others to much and never be able to handle it if it keeps happening. Sorry for this Tiger, but in this situation I think you should step down.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
its young love, its always like that, they dont know how to act, they blame themselves and hurt themselves.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
YUCK FOU!!! said:
its young love, its always like that, they dont know how to act, they blame themselves and hurt themselves.
I'm young too but I see it that you need to solve your own problems once in a while rather then rely on others. Of course when in trouble you ask, but other then that you got to trust your own strength and will power.

You are not supposed to help him. You cant anyway. If you like him, tell him that. If you know that it wont work out, then dont. In the end of the day you are own your own. You go out, you hang out but thats as far as it gets. There is no must in helping others in such matters. Proper government institutions supposed to take care of that, but he supposed to contact them by himself if he really feels he needs to. Otherwise it might end up really bad for you. he might have been just joking, alot of people dont mean what they say. Im pretty much sure he doesnt have the balls to commit suicide. What i would suggest, is buy him a book that handles this matter. Maybe Hard Love or something else...

Thanks everybody for their suggestions. I have decided that letting it go is the best idea. I'll wait for him to contact me. For those of you who say it's not my job to help people, I disagree. That's all I've ever wanted to do in life, and that's what I feel God has put me on this Earth for just that purpose.
As for my crush on him, it's already dissipating. Again, thanks to everybody.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
tiger_86 said:
For those of you who say it's not my job to help people, I disagree. That's all I've ever wanted to do in life, and that's what I feel God has put me on this Earth for just that purpose.
I'm not saying that helping is such a bad thing but some things should be left for others to figure out. Being comforted in certin situations can cause more problems that not, but I may just be talking from my own experiences so if so please ignore me. ^_^