WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What do you feel like after a break-up?

What do you feel like after you've been dumped/have dumped someone? (you can probably guess why I'm asking this...) I feel like... ROAR it's indescribable. I hate it. I want to tear my house down and shoot people! The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach....

EdSquareCat said:
What do you feel like after you've been dumped/have dumped someone? (you can probably guess why I'm asking this...) I feel like... ROAR it's indescribable. I hate it. I want to tear my house down and shoot people! The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach....

Depends on whether I was the dumper or the dumpee. Also depends on how strongly I feel about the other person.

Thick

Hoodrat
zoloftcasserole said:
Depends on whether I was the dumper or the dumpee. Also depends on how strongly I feel about the other person.
Totally agreed there.. personally...

If I'm being dumped.. pissed/disappointed/depressed all at the same time. Basically, overall, pissed off at the world and eveyone in it for the rest of the day.

Now if I'm doing the dumping.. Either A. What a relief if she was psyco *or* B. Damn, I feel shitty if she was nice, but just wasn't working...

Either way, whenever a relationship doesn't work bud, it's always gunna give you a shitty feeling. No 2 ways getting round that, but give it time, wounds, even emotional ones, heal :)

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Breakups are shitty, no matter how you look at it. Just try to do fun things so you are not stuck home thinking about her and wanting to burn your house down. After a few days, you will feel better.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
last time i had a break up, I threw some pattio furniture.. then felt better and went to see a movie, and bought some games...

keebs

Particinator
well this one time i broke up with some one i was happy as could be, another time i was angry as could be, another time i was sad as could be, it just depends on the relationship.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
ChilianFuckFace said:
Breakups are shitty, no matter how you look at it. Just try to do fun things so you are not stuck home thinking about her and wanting to burn your house down. After a few days, you will feel better.
agreed, i always fell like a pieace of shit!! Even when i am the one that got dumped! its like i dident do my job as a b/f...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
EdSquareCat said:

SHIT!..

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
For some strange reason, I've never been bothered by it to the point of letting people actually know anything was wrong. It's not like I'm trying to be some tough guy and hide my feelings, either. I've been suddenly dumped from two year relationships and the most I thought of it was "Eh, whatever." The worst one I went through everyone thought I was just being mellow that day, which I am on occasion anyways.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
EdSquareCat said:
Try being married for almost 6 years with 2 kids and she tells you she wants a divorce. Your whole life taken away from you. It's what you're feeling x10.

But yes, I know how you feel.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
CopyLifted said:
Try being married for almost 6 years with 2 kids and she tells you she wants a divorce. Your whole life taken away from you. It's what you're feeling x10.

But yes, I know how you feel.
Wow. Throw kids into the mix and I'm sure my mood about break ups would change big time!

CopyLifted, it sounds like you've been through some pretty rough shit. I can imagine it takes a strong man to get through that, and an even stronger one to move on. Repped.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Nailbomb said:
Wow. Throw kids into the mix and I'm sure my mood about break ups would change big time!

CopyLifted, it sounds like you've been through some pretty rough shit. I can imagine it takes a strong man to get through that, and an even stronger one to move on. Repped.
Thanks Nailbomb. I'll tell you what it really takes though. Lots of friends and family.

To be honest it took nearly 2 years to really move on. Besides friends and family, it was my kids that kept me going. They need me and I needed them. I know, I sound like a pansy lol.

But I'm with an awesome woman now. So, I guess, sometimes it takes some major hurt to find the right one. :)

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Getting help and support doesn't make you weak. I also figured it took quite a long time for you to move on. I don't think anyone in their right mind would be dating any time soon after that.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Nailbomb said:
Getting help and support doesn't make you weak. I also figured it took quite a long time for you to move on. I don't think anyone in their right mind would be dating any time soon after that.
You'd be surprised what people do after their breakups...married or just dating. Some people go for those rebound relationships that never work. They are only to fill a void and pretty much leads to disappointment when you realize the person who's filling the void isnt' the same as the person you loved/cared about. Then things get messy and a lot of hurt feelings are made out of it. Then that falls apart and then you are left with an empty space which often scares the hell out of people because being alone to some people is worse than staying in a ruined relationship. That's why I don't ever go out on rebounds.

I think it takes a strong person to resist rebound dating. Copylifted did the right thing for him and gave himself time to work through the pain of breaking up. That's why when he's ready to date again (like now) it has a good chance of lasting because it'll be a clean slate.

E.S.Cat> everyone is right, it does depend on the relationship. If it was someone you cared a lot about it's going to hurt more no matter who did the dumping. But it will pass after a while. keep yourself busy if this is why you're asking. Surround yourself with friends or things that make you happy. You'll still feel hurt but it's good to talk to someone you trust will listen and not make you feel worse. Don't indulge in food and bad habits, this is a good time to try something new. It'll feel good that you are doing something that you didn't do before because it'll feel like a new start in something....hobby, exercise, career, hair style, whatever you feel you want to change, it will feel good! Maybe you used the skateboard a lot before this relationship, get back into it if you liked it (I'm using the skateboard as an example. Maybe you prefer walking, or biking, or sky diving). Watch movies that are happy or make you happy. I used to listen to music a lot. Even the sad ones were therapeutic because something the words described how I felt and it would help me work through them. just don't only listen to sad songs. mix in happy ones. One relationship of mine, the first serious relationship I had it took me about three to four months to even consider dating again. First I felt awful. I cried every night, I moped in my room, I didn't want to go out, etc... Then I started to feel I had to get out of this funk. I still had that pit of depression and sadness in my stomach but I felt I had to get out. that's when I started to go out of my house, hang out with friends, etc... Then I just felt empty. No pit, no depression, just like an empty glass wanting to get filled with new experiences. I went on vacation to beet a friend in college. I started to take long walks with my walkman. I started to really want to go to the park and play frisbee or trak ball with my dad. I also wanted to start looking for a new serious relationship. I just wanted to get out and do stuff and feel good. I was ready! The experiences I had were not tainted with baggage from my first relationship. I was just ready for something new and looking forward to it. My next serious relationship I was dumped. I couldn't eat for a weak but because of my experience with the first breakup, I knew I had to spend time with my friends and get out more. It shortened the pain period for me and I learned to let go of the pain and start making new plans. Again I never dated on rebound. Believe me, I was asked a few times to be someone's gf but I wasn't ready and I dont' want to hurt anyone by dating while carrying fresh baggage. It took a little while but I was ready soon afterwards to find someone new. That was my next serious relationship. I dumped that one a little too late. I was WAY over him before I dumped him so I was ready almost immediately and that's where my current serious relationship is.

The whole point to that LONG ASS story was to point out that it's different every time but gets easier as you experience different types of breakups. Bottom line, you'll make it through. You'll find someone new to care about, and you will feel good about yourself if you just let yourself work through the experience no matter how much it hurts. It'll feel impossible to get through at first, but you WILL feel better eventually.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I usually replace the part of my computer that broke.

Thanks, everybody. People I've never met can help more than i thought!!

Anyways... her and I were going to be good friends... I had a feeling it was going to go well.
Too bad for me, she hates me now... yippee.

I'm already in another relationship... am i moving too fast?

MetalHead

Clitpickle
Nailbomb said:
For some strange reason, I've never been bothered by it to the point of letting people actually know anything was wrong. It's not like I'm trying to be some tough guy and hide my feelings, either. I've been suddenly dumped from two year relationships and the most I thought of it was "Eh, whatever." .
Mine have always been similar, not that I've had many however, I'm one of those guys that has many friends that are girls but few girlfriends. Anyway, I suppose I have always been lucky in that way, most of the break-ups I've had were either arrived upon mutually or we just drifted apart. The only one I can think of that really stung only hurt because the message never reached me. She was a girl who strongly believed in the power of note passing. Anyway, one of her friends found it funnier to trash the note instead of passing it along. So yea most of the time it's just like, "Eh, whatever."

Matthias

Fresh Meat
Note passing girls are the second worst type, they write things on paper that either dont make sense or are just plain stupid. l once saw two girls sitting right next to each other passing a note to each other..... strange, it wasnt even as if there was a teacher in the room to stop them talking

The worst kind of girls are those who insist they really like you but refuse to talk to you face to face, sending multitudes of insistant freinds with pointless messages to accost you at the worst possible times and then insisting you go out with one of them.

About breaking up, l know everyone has already said this but it depends, l dont usually feel bad for very long afterward but l do get a twinge of regret for about an hour or so, l think its worse when someone turns you down when you ask them out, especially if they send a freind to tell you 'No' so that you just know theyve all been laughing at your patheticness for the past half a day.

I havent had the chance for a break-up yet, this is because i've never had a girlfriend, or never even been close for that matter. Oh well, I gues it'll happen sooner or later, preferably later.

magnolia

Postaholic
After a break-up I feel like eating an entire gallon of Ben and Jerry's "Go Fish" Ice cream followed by a large pizza and a few liters of soda while I'm watching the entire first season of "Futurama". (Although, I've always done the breaking up. So I don't know why I feel that way.)

In other words, I feel like complete shit.