WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What do you guys think?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Ok I ran across this website and I have to wonder do these guys go to far? I mean posting up their phone number and pictures on the web? or luring guys into thinking they are going to meet a young girl to screw?

I mean what they do is con guys in chat room to think they are hooking up with a 10-15 year old. then when the guys come to meet them, they blast his face all over the news, post his chat log up and some cases they convict them

I suggest you read a little into the site and than reply:

http://www.perverted-justice.com/

I think for one that this is strongly needed but if all they are doing is exposing them, well it be enough to stop them from doing it again?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
True, It is one way to stop them and it is useful, but I do agree with if they found out they wouldn't particularly do it again, But some of these pervs do whatever it costs...
To try and get a kid.
It is quite an good way in some ways though.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think it is awesome. If you are fucked up enough to get off on thinking you are talking to a little kid, you need to be punished.

Think about it Kit, I know how to break the law, but it does not mean I do it because there is an accessible way to do so.

What about the FBI busting drug dealers? They do the same thing. That is not any different.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I don't see it as being any different than the FBI using the same methods to catch the same people. FBI agents routinely log into chat rooms and pose as young children. These stings frequently get some sick nut job off the streets.

The only difference is that these guys aren't cops. So instead of busting them, they just publicly humiliate them.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Hmm all good points. I am just wondering if it is enough to stop them or should they be trying to make more bust. I am also wondering if it is just helping to make them smarter at avoiding real cops and to catch mistakes by posting up the chat log.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
It sounds a bit like entrapment, but I guess with the right spin, it could be considered "proactive".

If you are a grown man trying to hook up with 10-15 year girls on the net, then I guess you deserve whatever yo get.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
_Kitana_ said:
I am also wondering if it is just helping to make them smarter at avoiding real cops and to catch mistakes by posting up the chat log.
Is there a law that covers private chat logs on the internet? Would'nt that be considered similar to phone records? By posting such a thing, would that violate the rights of the perpetrator, thus spoiling the chance at a conviction? Just wondering ....

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
you know I thought there would be, but according to what he says as long as they post everything up correctly then there is really nothing they can do.

However if it is going to court or they threaten action against him the log does not get posted. The thing is a lot of guys sounded like they just wanted to chat and get a bit dirty chatting, they seemed to really push to take it to the next level. There are a few cases where they didn't

_Kitana_ said:
you know I thought there would be, but according to what he says as long as they post everything up correctly then there is really nothing they can do.

However if it is going to court or they threaten action against him the log does not get posted. The thing is a lot of guys sounded like they just wanted to chat and get a bit dirty chatting, they seemed to really push to take it to the next level. There are a few cases where they didn't
Yea, I had read a few of those conversations. It's truely sick, some of the perps agree to "meet up" and have sex. Most though seem very paranoid when the conversation escalates to a more sensual level.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Well they could have been doing this on the down low, and just killing the guys who show up and dumping the bodies. Sounds like the guys are getting off pretty light.