WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What do you hate today [2017-2018]

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Having no internet for two days seems like no biggie, until you realize you also have no phone, because you use net to make calls. So my plans of finally fixing my car went down the drain with no phone for my days off. Fucking sux. So it's taxi's for me at 30 bucks a day, which I can't afford. Joy.

Having no internet for two days seems like no biggie, until you realize you also have no phone, because you use net to make calls. So my plans of finally fixing my car went down the drain with no phone for my days off. Fucking sux. So it's taxi's for me at 30 bucks a day, which I can't afford. Joy.

Why do you need your phone to fix your car? Can you just take a taxi to a phone once, make said calls needed to fix car and save money?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Why do you need your phone to fix your car? Can you just take a taxi to a phone once, make said calls needed to fix car and save money?
It's complicated, but I should be getting my car squared away Tuesday.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Under 4 hours of sleep. So nonfunctional now.
That's how I felt at the end of my shift. Couldn't sleep last night. I was functional and did what I had to . I could've done more but I tossed it off to the closer. He needed something to do.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Have to 'wake up' at 3am for work... It's 1am now. I am not asleep.
That happens to me at least once a week.

I found out today that one of our fulltime meat guys is going to be moved to produce. (it's purely confidential so shhh, don't tell nobody) He's been on vacation for two weeks to get some personal shit in order and he won't be back to work until Tuesday. So there's no fair warning, it's just gonna be dropped on him when he gets back. It's a potential powder keg situation. I'm glad I have off on Tuesday.

The company has been talking about this for a while, apparently but they've been putzing around and putting it off. Now it's happening all of a sudden. They want a manager, an assistant (me) and another person who is capable of cutting meat. The fourth person on the totem pole needs to be moved to another department within the store or moved to another store. The rest of the department is to be filled with part-timers. We have two reliable part-timers with limited schedules. I'm sure they'd like a couple more hours each week but that ain't gonna be enough help when we need it. So we need to hire one or two more part-timers and train them. That'll be hit or miss. We might go through five or ten people before we decide they are incompetent or they quit. LOL