What do you hate today? [2020-2022]

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Why is that?
Stress.

Most days I was the only one working in the meat department after 4 pm. My main job was to clean the department (floors, tables, trays, racks, meat band saw, meat grinder, meat cuber, ...), but I also had to serve any customers who wanted something from the custom meat case. I also had to grind and package ground beef as needed and I had to restock the meat cases with packages the meat cutters had made during the day and factory-made packages. With all of this work, I rarely got done by 8 pm and had to stay late. Then, instead of thanking me for all of my hard work, the store managers would complain about me getting out late. They must have gotten a bonus if no one got any overtime. I was very thorough and very efficient. I would literally run across the wet floor to save time and I was able to put the meat band saw back together in a minute flat. I never took any breaks. However, I usually had to spend an hour or more waiting on customers at the custom case each night. During the week, the store was the busiest between 5 pm and 6:30 pm. Lots of people would get off work and come the meat department looking for dinner. They would ask me to cut something for them and I had to tell them I was not trained to cut meat. Then they would ask if someone was there who could cut meat for them and I would have to tell them that all of the meat cutters had left by 4 pm. Then they would sometimes complain to the management that I refused to help them.

On rare occasions when I had asked for the day off and the other meat clerk cleaner could not work either for some reason, one of the meat cutters would get scheduled to clean and close the department. However, every single time this happened, a second meat cutter would get scheduled to stay until 7 pm to handle all the customers. This made it very obvious that I was literally doing the work of two people.

So yeah, job stress turned my hair gray when I was in my late thirties. I have two brothers, one in his mid-forties, one in his early fifties, and neither of them have any gray hair.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Most days I was the only one working in the meat department after 4 pm. My main job was to clean the department (floors, tables, trays, racks, meat band saw, meat grinder, meat cuber, ...), but I also had to serve any customers who wanted something from the custom meat case. I also had to grind and package ground beef as needed and I had to restock the meat cases with packages the meat cutters had made during the day and factory-made packages. With all of this work, I rarely got done by 8 pm and had to stay late. Then, instead of thanking me for all of my hard work, the store managers would complain about me getting out late.
During the week, the store was the busiest between 5 pm and 6:30 pm. Lots of people would get off work and come the meat department looking for dinner. They would ask me to cut something for them and I had to tell them I was not trained to cut meat. Then they would ask if someone was there who could cut meat for them and I would have to tell them that all of the meat cutters had left by 4 pm.

On rare occasions when I had asked for the day off and the other meat clerk cleaner could not work either for some reason, one of the meat cutters would get scheduled to clean and close the department. However, every single time this happened, a second meat cutter would get scheduled to stay until 7 pm to handle all the customers.
@BeautifulSniper this dude has lived the meat clerk life. ALL of that is spot-on.

*i'd like to highlight some points but my mind is wandering

I've gained A LOT more gray hair in the last six months. The stress of having to move and find a new place to live and the actual moving process was rough on me.

Last edited:

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
I hate that Oculus has officially been turned into Meta. Now when I boot into my Oculus Quest 2, the stupid Meta fruity cartoon logo pops up. The Oculus name and style were better.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Does anyone know this guy in the middle who presents that paranormal investigation program, he is utterly witless . God damn I hope if Im ever a ghost I don’t have some witless cunt like this trying to communicate with me, it would be enough to send me toward the light. Man this guy takes himself seriously and cannot laugh at a joke, that poor guy on the right was trying to make a joke and mr serious like oh yeah okay and this guy try to say joke a couple more times just to raise a smile and you can see Mr serious start almost sweating as he might have to crack a smile about something non ghost related but he doesn’t and quickly runs off to look for ghosts or some shit, What a fucking dope. I never like him but this one moment, I’m like man he really is a moron.

54ABAF2F-799C-44EA-BA18-DE268612ECFD.jpeg

Last edited:

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Does anyone know this guy in the middle who presents that paranormal investigation program, he is utterly witless . God damn I hope if Im ever a ghost I don’t have some witless cunt like this trying to communicate with me, it would be enough to send me toward the light. Man this guy takes himself seriously and cannot laugh at a joke, that poor guy on the right was trying to make a joke and mr serious like oh yeah okay and this guy try to say joke a couple more times just to raise a smile and you can see Mr serious start almost sweating as he might have to crack a smile about something non ghost related but he doesn’t and quickly runs off to look for ghosts or some shit, What a fucking dope. I never like him but this one moment, I’m like man he really is a moron.

View attachment 11966
The thing that makes con-artists so stupid is that they think everyone will believe them.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
The thing that makes con-artists so stupid is that they think everyone will believe them.

Oh dude I fee cold in this part of the house, you feel that energy bro..

I agree but it’s more about the total lack of humour of that lead guy and how serious he takes himself. I swear to god I can’t stand him

This fucking witless hack
33C66C58-938B-4B41-898A-2BB3F98DA587.jpeg

I just watch bits of it occasionally not for the ghost watching shenanigans but just this guy. Any you guys in the US hunt this guy down smash his face to a bloody pulp, I’ll pay you?

Last edited:

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
My phone locked up today. During break at work, my phone wouldn't load any apps. It kept bringing up error messages, and then locked up. I had to reset it twice to fix it. Maybe I should eventually back up my data and reset it to factory settings.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
My phone locked up today. During break at work, my phone wouldn't load any apps. It kept bringing up error messages, and then locked up. I had to reset it twice to fix it. Maybe I should eventually back up my data and reset it to factory settings.
Any important data that you have on your phone should be backed up. Your phone could be lost, stolen, broken, or hacked.

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
Any important data that you have on your phone should be backed up. Your phone could be lost, stolen, broken, or hacked.
I've lost a phone a long time ago, when I used to frequently visit the library. My flip phone fell out of my pocket and I lost it. Eventually the library set out a display showing everybody's belongings they accidentally left recently. They included random papers in books, and people's phones including mine. They wouldn't return any of the phones either. I was embarrassed because there was personal shit on there and no password. I should have challenged them and got my phone back.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
This was the meat cooler this morning. Fucking Mother's Day flowers. This is AFTER I broke down a skid and moved carts into the meat room and flowers out into the backroom hallway. I couldn't fucking move!

before.jpg

This is an end of day pic. I gave dairy a path to get back to their eggs but barely. Where are they going to put the fucking truck tomorrow morning with all of these fucking flowers in here?

after.jpg

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
This was the meat cooler this morning. Fucking Mother's Day flowers. This is AFTER I broke down a skid and moved carts into the meat room and flowers out into the backroom hallway. I couldn't fucking move!

before.jpg

This is an end of day pic. I gave dairy a path to get back to their eggs but barely. Where are they going to put the fucking truck tomorrow morning with all of these fucking flowers in here?

after.jpg
This happened to us yesterday. Customers of my warehouse fucking love Hero Bread, and we had 600 orders of them. One of our bosses completely forgot that we were supposed to ship them out, and had them left in the cooler room in the back. All of our bosses had to work a fucking double shift and help ship them out along with night shift. They were not pleased. :roflmao: At least I got to end my shift during the afternoon like normal, and I had no idea this happened until a coworker told me today.