WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What Firefox extensions do you use?

Jung

???
Premium
I found a cool extension called called ListZilla that exports a list of extensions and themes in either vB code, text or HTML format. I thought it'd be cool to see what extensions others use, and maybe find a few new ones to meet your needs. Download the ListZilla extension and post your extensions. :thumbsup:

Here's my list, as output by ListZilla: (I edited out the [sub] tags, as they do nothing.)

Enabled Extensions: (20)

BBCode 0.3.7 - Adds BBCode to the context menu for forums like Mozillazine (PHPBB and others). Based on Cussers pastequote extension.
Bookmarks Synchronizer 1.0.1 - Bookmarks Synchronizer is a Mozilla Firefox extension that let you connect to an FTP/WebDAV server and synchronize your bookmarks that are stored in an XML file. Setup is easy; just write in your FTP/WebDAV server address, username, password and a name for the XML file (by default called xbel.xml). To start, press Upload to create the file on the server and set if you want to automatically download the file on startup or upload it when you close your browser.
BugMeNot 0.6 - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
Close Tab On Double Click 0.1.2 - When a tab is double clicked, the tab will close
CuteMenus 0.4 - Adds icons to menus and popups.
deskCut 0.4.1 - This extension adds desktop shortcut creation to the context-menu. Both Windows and Linux (KDE/GNOME) desktop shortcuts are supported.
Download Statusbar 0.9.2 - View downloads in an auto-hide statusbar.
Duplicate Tab 0.3.2 - Allows you to duplicate a tab, or to merge the windows.
FoxyTunes 1.0 - Control any media player from Firefox and more...
GooglePreview 0.8 - Inserts web site previews in google and yahoo search results.
LastTab 1.0.4 - Modifies CTRL-TAB to switch to recently selected tabs; CTRL-SHIFT-TAB moves in the opposite direction.
ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
miniT (drag+indicator) 0.4 - Adds tab dragging with drop place indicator.
Mouse Gestures 1.0 - Allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures.
Paste and Go 0.4.1 - Lets you paste an URL from the clipboard and directly load it.
Session Saver 0.2 - Remembers loaded tabs and history between browser sessions.
Single Window 1.4 - Single window mode for Firefox and Mozilla.
SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.12.746 - Adds "Last Read" support to the Something Awful forums
SpellBound 0.7.1 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
Tab Clicking Options 0.3.1 - Select actions for clicking events on a tab or the tabbar
Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.13 - Enables enhanced control for tabbed browsing.

Disabled Extensions: (2)

Sort Bookmarks 0.5.0.1 - This extension sorts your bookmarks alphabetically.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Very minimal set of extensions here, all work perfectly with the final 1.0 release...

Adblock
All-in-One Gestures
Tabbrowser Extensions
Download Manager Tweak
ieView

At work I run those as well as a 'Web Developer" extension.

[short on time, will link to extensions later]

gwr2004

A True Bush-Hater.
I have plenty of extensions:

Generated Sun Dec 12 2004 18:00:18 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Enabled Extensions: (9)

Adblock 0.5.2.039 - Filters ads from web-pages
Allow Right-Click 0.1.1 - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
Autofill 0.2 - Automatically fill out HTML forms
Image Zoom 0.1.7 - Adds zoom functionality for images
Linkification 0.9.19 - Converts text links into genuine, clickable links.
ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
Nuke Anything 0.2 - Allow hiding of almost anything via context menu
QuickNote 0.6 - A note taking extension with advanced features
WeatherFox 0.5.1 - Get the weather in any toolbar or statusbar!

Disabled Extensions: (9)

googlebar 0.9.0.29 - The Googlebar for Firefox
LinkPreview 0.2.8 - Shows a hint with thumbnail preview for target link when mouse pointer hovers.
miniT (drag+indicator) 0.4 - Adds tab dragging with drop place indicator.
Mozilla Calendar 0.8+ - A calendar client based on iCal standard
Single Window 1.4 - Single window mode for Firefox and Mozilla.
Statusbar Clock 1.6.4 - Display the date and time in your browser's status bar.
Tabbrowser Preferences 0.6.13 - Enables enhanced control for tabbed browsing.
Titlebar Tweaks 1.6.0 - Tweak your browser's titlebar text.
TripleSelect 0.2 - Select a paragraph by triple-clicking on text.

A lot of them won't work with Firefox 1.0OR (Official Release).

Jung

???
Premium
gwr2004 said:
A lot of them won't work with Firefox 1.0OR (Official Release).
That's exactly why I'm still running 1.0RC, I'll update when all my extensions work.

tzedek

Original Member
i only have one so far, network tweak extension. get it and apply these settings:

check off both pipelining boxes
max requests to:100

tzedek

Original Member
hey how do i get a button for new tab, so that i dont have to go file>new tab?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
From what I can see... Duplicate Tab, Undo Close Tab, miniT (drag+indicator), and Close Tab On Double Click functionality is all included in the Tabbrowser Extensions.

Jung

???
Premium
They are, but it only offers limited functionality. The seperate extensions offer more options, at least last time I checked. I have an older version of TB though, as I'm still running 1.0rc, because some of my extensions haven't upgraded yet. The mouse gestures ext I use makes it worth waiting for.

tzedek

Original Member
i keep getting this. how do i stop it from doing that? it lets me install extensions from some sites, but not many.

Jung

???
Premium
Either 1) right click the extension, save it to your desktop, then drag it into the browser windows, or 2) click the “settings” button on the far right of that bar when it pops up and add the site to the allowed list.

tzedek

Original Member
Generated Thu Dec 16 2004 12:11:33 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Enabled Extensions: (7)

Allow Right-Click 0.1.1 - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
Define Word 0.3.2 - Look up definition of selected text
Paste Quote 0.3 - Lets you paste text as forum quotations from the context menu.
ReloadEvery 0.5 - Reloads webpages every so many seconds or minutes
Tweak Network 1.0 - Tweak network settings.

:D

Jung

???
Premium
These lists can be created with the InfoLister or ListZilla extensions.

My Firefox Information

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050909 Firefox/1.6a JungFox CE

Extensions (enabled: 21, disabled: 0; total: 21)
  • Adblock Plus 0.5.9.2 - Filters ads from web-pages. Now with whitelisting and synchronization.
  • BBCode 0.3.7 - Adds BBCode to the context menu for forums like Mozillazine (PHPBB and others). Based on Cussers pastequote extension.
  • Bookmark Backup 0.3.3 - Creates a backup of bookmarks.html each time the browser is closed.
  • ConQuery 1.5.8 - Context sensitive webquery extention
  • CustomizeGoogle 0.28 - Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam
  • CuteMenus 0.4 - Adds icons to menus and popups.
  • DictionarySearch 0.9.3 - Looks up selected word in an online dictionary
  • FoxyTunes 1.1.1 - Control any media player from Firefox and more...
  • GooglePreview 0.8 - Inserts web site previews in google and yahoo search results.
  • IE View 1.2.5 - Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
  • InfoLister 0.9b - Lists installed extensions and themes
  • ListZilla 0.6 - Outputs an alphabetical list of extensions to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
  • Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0 - From the Mozilla Thunderbird 20050727 Nightly Win32 Build
  • Nightly Tester Tools 0.7.9.3 - Useful tools for the nightly tester (Formerly known as the Build ID Copier).
  • Paste and Go 0.4.1 - Lets you paste an URL from the clipboard and directly load it.
  • Restart Firefox 0.3.1 - Restart Firefox with ease
  • ScrapBook 0.17.0 - This extension helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections.
  • SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.029 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
  • Slim Extension List 0.1 - Makes items in extension list shorter, so you can see more at once. Also, sorts them by name.
  • SmoothWheel 0.44.7.20050605 - Scrolls the document smoothly when scrolling the mouse wheel
  • SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.15.1508 - Adds "Last Read" support to the Something Awful forums
  • SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
  • Tab Mix Plus 0.2.4 - Tab browsing with an added boost.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
My Firefox Information

Last updated: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 01:35:19 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4

Extensions (enabled: 10, disabled: 0; total: 10)
  • Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.2.4
  • Adblock Plus 0.5.9.2
  • BBCode 0.4.1.1
  • IE View 1.2.5
  • InfoLister 0.9b
  • Mouse Gestures 1.0.2
  • Reporter 1.8b4
  • Restart Firefox 0.3.1
  • Tabbrowser Extensions 1.14.2005091501
  • Talkback 1.4

Themes (1)
  • Firefox (default)