WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What forums would YOU like to see merged or added?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey Campers,

We're going to do a little trimming around here.. So tell us, what forums would you like to see merged into other forums so we can trim our list? If you reply, be sure to tell us why!

Also, have a NEW forum idea? What NEW forums would you like to see here at wtf.com?

We're going to be adding a graphical forum here for our budding photoshoppers and I think we're going to start a contest shortly as well.. It would be great if we could have a weekly or even daily funny picture put up, and we all fux0red with it. We have a unique bunch so it could be damn funny (and a lot of you do this already on the site)...

So, what say you?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
new forum..
the "posting too much forum"..
or alternatively titled "not 'news of the weird', news posted by the weird"..

0.2 over and out

EDIT: photoshop forum is a great idea.. worth1000 is so fucking tight with their 'sensibilities of what's offensive'..

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
James, I like that funny picture idea.

We don't seem to use computing chamber much, maybe we can merge that into something else.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
We don't seem to use computing chamber much, maybe we can merge that into something else.
*junglizm cockfarms bklyn for blasphemy*

Jung

???
Premium
BklynCannonball said:
Translation: I don't seem to use computing chamber much and I don’t really pay attention to how much it gets used.

It's a bit slow right now, but gets a good amount of use. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others like myself, James, FireZe,Wizardly, BrionWash, etc don't. Anyway, where would you merge a computer forum into? What does it resemble close enough to fit into?
EDIT: photoshop forum is a great idea.. worth1000 is so fucking tight with their 'sensibilities of what's offensive'..
This has been brought up before; the answer has always been "use Forum Games and Humor." I visit Worth1000 too, but this isn't a Photoshop forum.

I

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i was just responding to this..
We're going to be adding a graphical forum here for our budding photoshoppers and I think we're going to start a contest shortly as well.. It would be great if we could have a weekly or even daily funny picture put up, and we all fux0red with it. We have a unique bunch so it could be damn funny (and a lot of you do this already on the site)...
but i accept i may have misunderstood, it's all just dots and loops sometimes to me..

can we have a semi-cockfarm.. like a place for people to spend their first week/first X amount of messages? interactive with everyone else but they aren't allowed past it's cage.. like a trial run..

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Life sucks, Insufferable others, dearly detrested.
Gross misconduct, and that's gotta hurt.
Feedback and suggestions , the wastelands~ bah~

Slacker

Postaholic
We should get a forum abut books or Unusual Hobbies...... Just a thought...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
PAGE WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS:

• What The ....?!
    Life Sucks
    -(minor forums) insignificant others, the dearly detested
    The Issues
    Tallywacker Tavern
    Clam Bar
  • <INSERT NEW TITLE HERE/Hangout Berate or Be Berated>
    Bait & Tackle
    Cock Farm
    Chit Chat
    -(minor forums)<insert all other brain dropping forums here>
  • The "E" Zone
    Computing Chamber
    Forum Games, RPG, & Writing
    -(minor forums)<insert Entertainment Ave, Writers Block, Dragon's Fortress here>
  • WTF.com Specific
    Announcements
    Feedback & Suggestions
    The Wastelands
just a suggestion.

Jung

???
Premium
Yeah, I like the subforums idea.

Insignificant Others and Dearly Detested could be merged together and go under or be merged into Life Sucks.

Gross Misconduct and That’s Gotta Hurt could become one with a new name.

Dragon’s Fortress could become a sub forum of Forum Games and Humor, since it's, well, a forum game.

At this point, I don’t think sub-forums would be all that bad, since these are already established forums, and most people probably use the “New Posts” link on the Portal page to view.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I hate subforums. I absolutely despise them. I would rather not use WTF.com than put up with subforums.

I like the idea of a separate forum for books, but I know it wouldn't be used as much, so I can see it not being created. I also put in my vote for the subforum setup. It makes things seem a little more organized and maybe a little simpler.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i don't like the polls..
two people vote, three argue..

and it wastes room on the homepage that could be used for pictures of unicorns.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
void said:
can we have a semi-cockfarm.. like a place for people to spend their first week/first X amount of messages? interactive with everyone else but they aren't allowed past it's cage.. like a trial run..
NO.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
junglizm said:
Translation: I don't seem to use computing chamber much and I don’t really pay attention to how much it gets used.

It's a bit slow right now, but gets a good amount of use. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others like myself, James, FireZe,Wizardly, BrionWash, etc don't. Anyway, where would you merge a computer forum into? What does it resemble close enough to fit into?
This has been brought up before; the answer has always been "use Forum Games and Humor." I visit Worth1000 too, but this isn't a Photoshop forum.
I
Ooooh! Looks like I hit a nerve! :D

Jason

Founder
lol...

Anyways, normally I'm against sub-forums as in my experience they aren't used all that much except on huge forums that elect to do it later..

I suppose we could do a few sub-forums, and people can just use the links on the forums index.. For example, we could have like ("Life Sucks" / Description / Sub-Forums: Insignificant Others Link / Dearly Detested Link) something like that...

We can also move the RPG into a sub-link, where it WOULD be a subforum, but you can still get to it immediately from the front page... If you just go into life sucks forum, you will see the subs, but don't have to go inside them if you don't want.. You can always visit more direct via the forums index if you prefer... Compromise?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Do not add a gaming forum...It will not be too good for the community. It's not that I'd post shit in it...I just don't want to see assholes typing "L33TS4UCE" and "n00bed" every three fucking seconds.

That's why the only gaming forum I post in is John Romero's...There are about 15 active members, only one of whom is an asshole, and everyone is a designer or an artist, and among the funniest people on the planet. No "1337 users."

That is all. Other than that we are A-1 SUPAR *Totally Gay Hand Gesture*!

Jason

Founder
I'm going to go ahead and re-organize a few things, but *not* merge yet so that anything we do is reversible.. You can all yell at me if you just can't stand it and we'll find another alternative. :)