What have I been.....doing?

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
So toss us some details, hope things are well..

Avoiding the 'rona?

Careful.. This one's crafty! :roflmao:

• 1LOL
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
Well my sexy serial killer, I have had my ups and downs. No 'rona for my family but I ended up getting in a car accident with a semi Nov. 23rd. Then on March 26th I got married! Yup! Meeee! IMG_0468.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Hug
  • 1Beer
Reactions: 4 users

Jason

Founder
Well my sexy serial killer, I have had my ups and downs. No 'rona for my family but I ended up getting in a car accident with a semi Nov. 23rd. Then on March 26th I got married! Yup! Meeee! View attachment 11722

That's awful, sorry about the accident. I hope you sued their pants off.

Congratulations on your misery err marriage!

You all look like you're cosplaying an RPG, where do I download this? lol

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Well my sexy serial killer, I have had my ups and downs. No 'rona for my family but I ended up getting in a car accident with a semi Nov. 23rd. Then on March 26th I got married! Yup! Meeee! View attachment 11722

Congratulations! You married a pirate! :ahoy:Are you going to live aboard a pirate's ship? ā›µ

Beware of the flying saucer in the sky just to the left of that pole. šŸ›ø

• 1LOL
Reactions: 1 user

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
Yall are something else... I missed ya'll . Well let's start with the bad first. I was going home on the interstate and of course I was not speeding or being crazy. I changed lanes into the middle lane from the right and had checked and saw the semi was far enough back for me. I was hit on my rear passenger side and was spun a full 360. As I was coming around again, I hit the dividing wall head on. We were going 70 plus miles and hour. Probaly 75 when he hit. I found steering was useless so I braked, hoping that I wouldn't vault over the low wall and kill someone. I braked till right before I hit, and the last thing I did was to take my hands off the wheel, pull my legs in and just slumped and relaxed as much as I could. I broke a rib, bruised a rib, burned my wrist and got hit in the head my the horn button. I was able to walk to the ambulance to go get checked out and walked out to the waiting room to my fiance and family. A witness told me that he sped up on me, and plowed into me. The paramedics said it was awful odd that my right rear had all the damage when this 22 year old kid said it was all my fault. I got my car replaced, my medical is good and my insurance company made certain to get their part on our behalf. I have ptsd, but I'm coming back strong, with the help of my husband and family.
There have been some dark moments. Holding my fiance while he cried that he never knew of anyone to survive a wreck like that much less walk away under their on power was hard. I was very damn lucky.received_858053468356449.jpeg As for the wedding..... we love pirates, we wanted a bit of flare, we love dragons and swords and he has even been helping me get my hand back at swordfighting! In our group of family and friends, we go to Ren Faires and my mom is like everyones mom and we all call her our queen. So I'm the princess.... don't call me that unless you wanna be run through though!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ The guy in gold is our best man and my son Frank. The older lady in red with the glasses is my oldest Niece and I claimed her as my daughter years ago. She was my MOH. The blonde in red and the brunette in lavender are her babies Seaira and Charlotte, my flower girl and ring bearer. The guy in purple is my brother from another mother Jason and his wife Kitty in black, bridesmaid and groomsman. I was honored that his Aunt passed down her dress to me. She has no kids of her own and always thought of Randy as her son. His mom passed a few years ago and her ashes came with him when he moved in. And I dont mind it at all. So anyways, his Aunt is like a pseudo mom in law and she does Ren Faire as well! It is like his whole family and mine have known each other forever! Same views same sense of humor, just so right. No changing or adjusting. It just has always worked out. Pretty cool huh? Randy had some stones put in my ring to honor my late husband too. He knows he will always have his own place in my heart, and has never been bothered by this. Which is good because I just could never hurt him. Ok, if yall wanna see the rings or more details of the wreck or wedding, let me know.

Last edited:

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
Holy shit!!!! That is so crazy! I was in some bad pain for about 6-8weeks! Still have a scar from the burn.I guess there are a lot of factors involved so you really never know what will happen. One thing I need to know... how long did you take to get over it mentally? Hubby said it took him about a year, he was hit twice in minutes. I can't believe I was able to open the door mush less no broken glass.

Jason

Founder
You guys were lucky to get out alive... So glad you're still with us.

I've only been in some minor bumps other than getting hit by a car as a kid.

Live life folks!

• 2Hug

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
One thing I need to know... how long did you take to get over it mentally?
I never felt all that bad about it. I was on antidepressants at the time, so I pretty much felt numb to everything. It sucked that I lost my vehicle (actually I kept it for a few years afterwards as I wanted to take some parts off it). It was the first vehicle I owned and I had driven it for over eleven years, so it was sort of like losing an old friend. I only had liability insurance and since the accident was user error, I could not collect anything. I went a few months without a vehicle, because I wanted to get another Grand Cherokee, but could not afford a new one. I had to walk about 1.5 miles to work through the snow, most of it on a railroad track because I did not want to get hit by a car while walking on the side of the road. Eventually, I found someone selling another Grand Cherokee and bought it for a fifth of its original price. My first Jeep was a bottom end Grand Cherokee. The only options it had were tinted windows, keyless entry, and the tow package. My second Jeep, however, was fully loaded with a V8 engine and happened to be the color I wanted, so destroying my first Jeep allowed me to upgrade. :happysad:

I have been in numerous minor accidents with both my first and second vehicles (one involving a tractor trailer), but was never was hurt. The only pain I felt was in my wallet. It is pretty easy to do a $1000 worth of damage, which I usually had to pay out of my own pocket. :(

In case you are wondering about the tractor trailer incident, I was not hit by it. I was driving down the road and the tractor trailer pulled out right in front / along side of me. To avoid being clobbered, I swerved off the road, jumped the curb, and struck a sign post at 30 miles per hour. There was over $1200 worth of damage to the front of my vehicle, plus some damage to the back where the sign, which flew up in the air, sliced into the rear paneling, just missing the rear window. I drove in front of the tractor trailer, forcing it to stop, and called 911. The state trooper, who arrived, was about the same age as the truck driver (mid-twenties) and it seemed like they knew each other. The truck driver claimed he did not see me, but I bet he was looking at his phone. The state trooper told me that since the truck driver did not actually hit me, it was not his fault. Basically, the state trooper treated the tractor trailer as if it was a deer I had swerved to miss. :bs:Again, I only had liability insurance. I thought about suing the truck driver, but I knew it would not go anywhere, since the state trooper had already sided with him, so I had to pay for the repairs out of my own pocket. :(

• 2Sad

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
Yeah, the truck driver actually came running over to me after telling the cops it was my fault and started fussing at me for coming into his lane too soon. My witness told them otherwise but the cops were covinced to a certain point and did not even put her name down as a witness, plus I was so stunned by it all I forgot to get her info as well. I was also pretty busy. But the forensics of the accident were clear, the point of impact was on my right as the emt pointed out. Plus, I saw that whole rig in my mirror and he was about 2 car lengths behind. Objects in your side mirror will look closer, but if you see the qhole truck plus the sky and some road too, you can move over. I like giving motorcycles and trucks a wide berth so, I know better, plus I heard and felt were he hit and it was the right. I got what I needed out of it so I was lucky. I just hope that kid learned something from that day. In the meantime, I get to have a lovely parting gift. Planning on getting a tattoo of a heart with some flowers and the date. I lived and the scar tells that story. One I dont want to forget, but also, I dont want it to rule my life. So, I will make something beautiful out of it to remind me that I am blessed to be alive.20210618_173455.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user