WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What I plan to do with my life...

Descent

Hella Constipated
I plan to make money off computer games when I get older. I have some really neat ideas. The game I want to do most is Descent 4. I want to buy the rights to Descent from Volition and then proceed to make the most kick ass game of the decade! I have development sketches for weapons, ships, everything...My two favorite ideas being the D-Bay and the Crystal Glider. The D-Bay allows you to carry six enemy weapons that can be used to bore through certain material in the mines, and counter act certain elements, i.e. fire and ice. The Crystal Glider is a ship powered by a power crystal, and has speedy electric rocket propulsion and serious offensive capability, but is rather fragile, and can be easily taken out. Also, you would face security guards in the mines/bases/installations, as well as robots. There would be sick ass weapons, such as the Gravity Mine, Electro-Magnetic Pulse Shocker, and Wall Charges, which collapse the wall around you, crushing everything inside. They also have a second disentigrating blast that would destroy all the debris. The Multiplayer mode would have modes such as Anarchy, Robo Anarchy, Team Anarchy, Team Death (An old mod for Descent 1 where you have to fly through a large maze succesfully and trigger certain things in order to score a point for your team, while surviving combat from robots, as well as human opponents), Capture the Flag, Assault, D-Ball (Like football, but with ships!), and last, but not least, Electric Death (Which is like instagib, but with modified Plasma Beams). I am still pumping out ideas at a fast pace, but I have the overall feel of the game down.

Any feedback/ideas will be acknolwedged! I will give you credit, just provide me with your full name.

wow... the first three kicked enough ass... if a 4th came out, i'd definately buy it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nice to know there is somebody else who has played all three Descent games...

Descent was a wonderful series though...

Anyway. about six moths back I had a wonderful dream...I was playing Descent 4 online with my online friend Scott and my brother...we had a clan, and the game had webcam and voice over IP capabilities, and beautiful graphics that dwarfed Doom 3's...We were all blowing the shit out of a reactor...right after we blew it up, the dream ended...

You have to understand, I have had dreams about Descent all my life...When I was little, I could never beat the level seven boss and I would always dream about what came after it. This was the first time I ever dremed about Descent 4...I wake up feeling great. "Wow...I wonder if Descent 4 is in the works?" I did an online search on Descent 4, and I arrived at Volition's website...I searched and searched...as far as it got was the development sketch phase. After that, all further news of it ceased to exist. I cried...I cried long and hard...And to this day I still feel like crying whenever I think that Descent 4 will never be made...Unless one man comes to do it...and that man is me. I plan to build a company...A wonderful, amazing company that will rival id software...we will code a whole new engine, the most amazing engine ever seen. Then we will make the most amazing game ever seen. It will top the charts. It will allow other first person shooters to be judged by the standards IT HAS SET...I will be one hell of a game.

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
I haven't ever played the game but you sound determined and I wish you luck with it

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
:thumbsup: I haven't ever played the game but you sound determined and I wish you luck with it :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Thanks UndieHiker...Any support is appreciated...feel free to give me ideas on what I should put into the game.

I'm tired now...See you all later!

Descent

Hella Constipated
Oh, it WILL kick ass. I just have to make some money first so I can afford to buy the rights. Descent 4 will be the game of the decade, the next Doom.

morelos

lexicon incognito
do you guys really think so?

i mean, i am starting to agree that the fps is getting played out, but i don't know what's really next. i haven't even READ about descent 4.

i'm anticipating doom3 (sorta) and hl2 (again, sorta), however.

~ dan ~

Nemesis

Drummer Pride!!!
Never heard of the game but it sounds good.

id be careful though, uve just posted all ur i deas for the whole world to see and they r easly ripped off, thats called dumb!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Nemesis said:
Never heard of the game but it sounds good.

id be careful though, uve just posted all ur i deas for the whole world to see and they r easly ripped off, thats called dumb!
he has a point but he is still just an aussie.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Nemesis said:
U fuk, u r too u shit eater!
stop watching south park and stop calling everyone a donkey eating shit eater

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
everyone..i plan to be an engineer....anyone care?
-good luck with the whole games thing there jstager.... :]

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
What I plan to do with my life. I am 21 so my life is here right now, but not really... its put on hold.

i want to be there most of all for my husband and to figure out away to make him damnproud of me. I want to get one thing i wrote published. I want make love in the falling rain of seattle.

Thats what i want

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
What do I plan to do with my life?
I plan to just live it...For your time is short. I dont rate my life with monitary things. My life IS my Wife,and my Son....and not in that order,they are "one" in my life. I would gladly give my life to benifit theirs if need be.

Oh,I'd still take a million dollars though...Living exspenses.. ;)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Thanks for the giving me luck, Marius...

Morelos, the FPS is getting a little bit played out...but don't forget, there are many sub-genres of the FPS. We have strategic FPS games (Counter-Strike, Frag-Ops), War Simulation games (Red Orchestra), and FPS games that actually try to engross you with a plot (Doom 3, Half Life 1/2). As long as a new or improved sub-genre comes out, it can revitalize what may be an aging genre.

But lemme put it this way...Doom is just as fun to play now as it was back in '93. The same holds true for Descent. There are some FPS games that will stand out in time as being some of the best, that our kids will be playing years from now, much the way we do today with those TV Games joysticks that plug into your TV and have Atari 2600 or Namco games on them. Descent was always unique in that it had 360 degrees of rotation, and that it featured fully polygonal rendered worlds one year before Quake did.

The guys at Parallax/Volition have always known how to make great games, and as long as they are around they will make some of the best in the industry.

If you are bored with the games you have now, then go out, buy UT2004, and download the Frag-Ops and Red Orchestra mods.

Frag Ops is a little like Counter-Strike, but it improves on the formula. You can buy upgrades for your weapons, such as a bayonet or scope, and it revolves around stealth more than CS. The maps are also mission based, and can involve anything from taking out the other team to destroying the Mercenaries computers to Acquiring the other teams contraband. It's a great mod, and is a must play.

Red Orchestra is a war simulation, so it is slow, drawn out, and requires much skill. It is a World War II game, but it is very different from most. It is Russian versus German, and it has different play elements than other games. You have no crosshair, and can only use the iron sight of the gun. When you reload, you swap magazines, but alas, there is no ammo indicator! It simply says "Magazine is Heavy" or "Magazine is Light" at the bottom of the screen. You can't just wander around looking for someone to shoot, much of the combat is long range, and the riflemen have to handle it. Instead of generic maps, the levels are reincarnations of real World War II battles, although there are some generic user made maps. It's a great mod, and should be checked out.

I want to do something like the makers of Frag-Ops, and Red Orchestra did. Rewrite and old formula, and bring something new to the table. There is too much repetition in the FPS market, and that needs to be fixed.

Oh, and Morelos, it may have been taken off Volition's site. On their site they had an article stating that they had begun working on Descent 4, and just started the concept sketch phase. Clearly, all news of the game faded after that, so they must have abandoned it.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
What I plan to do with my life. I am 21 so my life is here right now, but not really... its put on hold.

i want to be there most of all for my husband and to figure out away to make him damnproud of me. I want to get one thing i wrote published. I want make love in the falling rain of seattle.

Thats what i want
Some day kit when you're older and wiser, you'll realize that a man (like jesse) who loves you, needs no action or accomplishment in order to be proud of you. You'll realize that he's proud of anything that you are or do. He's proud to be the one to spend the rest of his life with you. The one you'll grow old wih. :hug2:

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
max....damn...that was bad ass.....[tear]....but seriously kit....he's right....dont you remember when you were first dating...and just looking at him smile...watching him sit there....made you happy...made you glad..and proud that you were there with him....same holds for him...he loves you and is proud no matter what you do....