WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe What is a terrorist?

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
I thought you meant "Thermite".

Back on topic. The news programs I saw were really vague about if it was terrorism or not. Even when they did start implying terrorism, they seemed to be leaning more toward domestic terrorism.
You couldn't be more right.

What, do these hyper-sensitives seriously think after 9/11 in any future attacks we were supposed to prance around on tippytoes never to imply we might be seeing another attack again-because their feeelings might be hurt at the mere suggestion? Haha, good luck with that.

I can't fathom living in a country my own native country has attacked on such a horrible scale, in the name of anything, and then feeling entitled so that I expect them never to allude to it again in future attacks. This is the ACLU shitting down our backs, drumming out the message to everyone you may be entitled to something over even the least infringement on your 'human rights', imagined or not.

Fuck your feelings.

How do you know what everyone in America is thinking? Isn't that biased and bigoted hate itself? You should hear yourself, what are, 20?

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
My perception? That's white Americas perception.
So you counter with bigotry of your own? Haters calling haters haters. If you were as deep as you think you are, you might see this in yourself.

Tip251

Boarder Line Militant
Fuck your feelings.

How do you know what everyone in America is thinking? Isn't that biased and bigoted hate itself? You should hear yourself, what are, 20?

WTF!!! I hear this everywhere! Like why am I the only person hearing and seeing this shit but y'all are just like nope, you're wrong, don't know what you're talking about you're, biased.

No I am not. People here in America hate Muslims all because of 9/11 and now every attack here on American soil is a Muslims fault.

"Oh Tip, how do you even know that, you're making it up" No I am not, I fucking walked into a Taco Bell bathroom and found a pamplet about Muslims and how bad they are and telling lies about Islam inside of it. Its fucking bullshit. I go to work and listens to conversations about the shit. People in America are closed minded and don't look beyond the real point.

The government says Muslims are bad, EVERYONE SAYS "OH THEY ARE, LETS HATE THEM" Its just modern day racism, ya know, like with black people in the 50's, but this is in the year 2013.

So you counter with bigotry of your own? Haters calling haters haters. If you were as deep as you think you are, you might see this in yourself.

Tell me my bigotry. Tell me.

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
Tell me my bigotry. Tell me.
You have a bigoted view of white America. The guy who did the Boston bombing is an Islamic radical. Ever think that might be why it's being repeated? Are these things supposed to be excluded because they get under the skin of extreme leftists such as yourself?

Black albinos are killed by blacks in Africa. Their body parts are harvested for rituals and potions as they are believed to have special powers. Tibetins are killed and tortured by the Chinese. The Latin-American border to South America makes any actions preformed by American border authorities look like assigned duties to earn Boy Scout badges. Jews are persecuted in Russia, and most of the cultures that make up "White America" today are not without past conflict with one another.

Like anyone else, you see what you want to see.

• 1Disagree
  • 1Like
Reactions: Tip251 and skroo'd

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
WTF!!! I hear this everywhere! Like why am I the only person hearing and seeing this shit but y'all are just like nope, you're wrong, don't know what you're talking about you're, biased.

No I am not. People here in America hate Muslims all because of 9/11 and now every attack here on American soil is a Muslims fault.

"Oh Tip, how do you even know that, you're making it up" No I am not, I fucking walked into a Taco Bell bathroom and found a pamplet about Muslims and how bad they are and telling lies about Islam inside of it. Its fucking bullshit. I go to work and listens to conversations about the shit. People in America are closed minded and don't look beyond the real point.

The government says Muslims are bad, EVERYONE SAYS "OH THEY ARE, LETS HATE THEM" Its just modern day racism, ya know, like with black people in the 50's, but this is in the year 2013.
Awe, you are just a kid, huh?

Anyway, you need to look up a few words, bias; bigotry.

You're making 'blanket statements', which is serious bias. Statements that say things like 'everyone', 'all the time', 'never' are absolutes. They leave no room for another possibility and they're almost always wrong. Notice I didn't say they're never right.:)

America is the same great 'melting pot' it ever was, you can't speak for anyone's prejudice but your own. We are lovers of all people. You should not be so moved by a pamphlet tossed on a bathroom stall floor in a Taco Bell. If you're getting all that out of a pamphlet-or the way one person in your environment acts, you're jumping to conclusions.

Most people here are beyond the kind of ridiculous mindless hate you're seeing. Don't imagine things that aren't there, you'll only become what you're talking about yourself.

• 1Disagree
  • 1Like
Reactions: Tip251 and skroo'd

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
My perception? That's white Americas perception. I'm basically trying to point out this form of racism that lives on today but nope, the shit just flew over everyone's heads. If you would listen to the news, reporters just keep going on and on about radical Islam, but that's not until they sit around and hope Muslims did it which they do. That's what the hell I'm trying to bring up, any type of fucking attack here on America is a Muslims fault.

Sounds to me like you're just a racist. Painting all white Americans with the same brush. Shame on you. Shame on you indeed. I'd say you were the pot that called the kettle black. But that would be cliche'.

Tip251

Boarder Line Militant
I am not seeing what I want to see I am telling it like it is. You can't sit here and tell me that Muslims are not suspiciously looked at and treated differently than everyone else. They're treated like that because EVERY Muslim and I mean EVERY Muslim is labeled as a terrorist or thought out to be one. If it wasn't like this than there wouldn't be TV shows like "Muslims in America" trying to show how peaceful Islam really is. But being that nobody really knows Islam or the religion they just know what they here on the news.

But back to my main point, whenever a catastrophic event happens in America people are quick to think its a terrorist attack, not a domestic terrorist attack but terrorist attacks plotted by Radical Muslims.

• 1Disagree
Reactions: steelasp

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I am not seeing what I want to see I am telling it like it is. You can't sit here and tell me that Muslims are not suspiciously looked at and treated differently than everyone else. They're treated like that because EVERY Muslim and I mean EVERY Muslim is labeled as a terrorist or thought out to be one. If it wasn't like this than there wouldn't be TV shows like "Muslims in America" trying to show how peaceful Islam really is. But being that nobody really knows Islam or the religion they just know what they here on the news.
By some. Yes. Still doesn't give you license to be that which you are speaking out against. Only the constitution gives you that right. ;)

But back to my main point, whenever a catastrophic event happens in America people are quick to think its a terrorist attack, not a domestic terrorist attack but terrorist attacks plotted by Radical Muslims.
Funny you should say that when on the early news reports they were swaying heavily toward domestic terrorism with their conjecture. What made them think this? The circumstances. Had it been circumstances that pointed more evidently toward radical Islamic hatred of Americans, they might very well have alluded to Muslim terrorists as the cause.

Turns out they were wrong in their initial best guess and it did in fact turn out to be Muslims. Irony.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
How many Muslims have you got down there in Kentucky, anyway, what personal experience are you basing this on, the effort to create a t.v. series in order to educate even the idiots and bring those guys up to speed?:p The mere fact you cite that effort in particular is irony.

Muslims in my area are treated respectfully, like anyone else. In full garb, women wearing the hijab may turn a head or two in summer, nothing more. Not that there aren't irrational haters to be found just anywhere.

You sound bitter with your mind made up, have a nice day.

Tip251

Boarder Line Militant
By some. Yes. Still doesn't give you license to be that which you are speaking out against. Only the constitution gives you that right. ;)

Funny you should say that when on the early news reports they were swaying heavily toward domestic terrorism with their conjecture. What made them think this? The circumstances. Had it been circumstances that pointed more evidently toward radical Islamic hatred of Americans, they might very well have alluded to Muslim terrorists as the cause.

Turns out they were wrong in their initial best guess and it did in fact turn out to be Muslims. Irony.
I don't need a license from you verifying what I got to say. :poop:

Oh funny, because early reports I heard was NOT directed towards domestic terrorism. That just goes to show how the bombing was bullshit or any other event that has happened.

• 1Disagree
Reactions: steelasp

Loki-In-A-Box

Goddess of Tits and Wine
Funny how you should follow up the phrase "what I got to say" with a turd icon. You're just full of irony, aren't you?
I think he means that the notion of someone telling him what to do in a supposedly free country is a bunch of shit...But yeah, that is funny now that you point it out. :rofl:

As for you, Tip - I'm reading your posts, and all I can think is this:

God. Dammit. I'm one of those stubborn fuckers who won't immediately trust what I see on television news programs any more than I would allow a blind pygmy to give me a root canal, but the other folks who have been trying to help you on your perspective aren't wrong. At first, it was a tossup as to what one would hear in the media: Was it extremists, or was it domestic terrorism? There wasn't enough to go on either way yet. They then found whatever evidence there was after the bombs blew everything to shit that pointed to it being domestic terrorism. Try to argue with facts if you want, but you'll just end up looking silly. :shrug:

Now, onto the whole Muslim prejudice thing: I've said it before and I will again...If they would stop initiating the attacks, the media will stop talking about them. I'm sure that if it were Christians attacking Muslim mosques, the news would be covering that and telling everyone about how Christians are committing terrorists acts against the Muslim population.

That's all I'm going to say about it, as this whole thread has somehow given me an enormous amount of gas. :confused:

• 1Agree
Reactions: skroo'd

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
My perception? That's white Americas perception.
You perceive all white Americans to be racist? Yes, there are some, but most are not.

I would like to see more American Muslims publicly denounce Al-Qaeda and terrorism. Aren't Muslims supposed to be against killing women, children, and civilians? If this is the case, then the radical Islamists are not really Islamists, but thugs who misinterpret the Quran for their own purposes.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw

Well I fought along side more than a Few Muslims in Iraq. A bunch of them were from Iraq, and one of them was enlisted in the Marine Corps.

I also had a really great friend named Rhamsahn who moved to the US from Pakistan. He and his son were muslim. He would come to my house so I could repair his car or help him look for a job. Its not that everyone hates Muslims... its not trashing on the religion. Its about the likelihood of our current enemies.

No matter who were to do something like what you're talking about, they would be a terrorist. If you've been having a lot of problems with red cars, you don't automatically assume that the likely problem will be with an orange car. Get my drift brah?

Thats the current state of things. We are currently at war with a lot of Muslim nations. Some of them are Islamic extremists, and others are just plain old folks that happen to be Muslim and are currently fighting us. I'm likely going to expect someone highly sophisticated in order to pull of a terrorist attack within my borders. You will know that to some degree it is Homegrown... its not like they jumped out of a plane or anything wearing uniforms. Terrorism is Terrorism. The likely suspect these days happens to be Muslims.

Most people have enough sense to distinguish between them. Sadly, as history shows, some folks can't. So stand up and all, but be reasonable as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Silly Loki, that is a grasshopper. :p

On topic:
While I disagree with Tip251 generalizing any hate towards Muslims as coming from all white Americans, I agree there are a few people who are openly prejudice against Muslims. I know I have heard some Republican law makers somewhere infer that all Muslims are terrorists. I am not sure what to call these people. The English language seems to lack a word meaning "prejudice against people with a different religion". The word "anti-Semitic" only refers to prejudice against Jewish people. We need a word that is analogous to "racist" so we can call these people out. I thought about calling them "religist", but it sounds too much like "religious". :shrug:

Loki-In-A-Box

Goddess of Tits and Wine
Well, excuse the hell out of me! I was thinking Jiminy Cricket...You know, "let your conscience be your guide", that sort of thing. :p It's still cute though, no matter what it is. :D

Anyways, I think they have the word "anti-Muslim"...Damn, it's hard to think of one word for it all, though. Hmm....Anti-Religious? Nope, that just means you're atheist or something like that...Well fuck, now I'm going to be bugged by this until I can figure it out (or whenever I forget to think about it :confused:).