WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What is more powerfull?

Which is more powerful?

• The Written Word

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • The Spoken Word

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Song/Lyrics

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think that the written word, signed, sealed and delivered, will always be stronger than spoken or song.

eh. There is no absolute answer to that one.

I've seen people shattered and brought back to life with words. People who can't express themselves can often show what they are, and the taste of their soul with words on paper. And songs can guide emotions and change nations.

I love them all.

But I'll vote for songs. Because I like to vote for things.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Voting is fun! So let me tell you guys that I know there is not an absolute to this one, so make it a generalized statement. For instance, if you were told something, written something, or sung something, which would affect YOU the most. (Provided that the singer had a good voice, the writer wasnt a retard, and the speaker had a nice ass)

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
i think spoken is the strongest!
but i think that the written word can be the best for scaring people and making them worry because they are unsure of what context you are speaking out of

_BlackWulf_

Banned - What an Asshat!
Im gonna say spoken, say you got a note saying "I iz guna keel yu mutha fukka", you'd get a lil bit freaked out, but if some guy ran up to you a screamed out "IM GONNA KILL YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!"..you get it

morelos

lexicon incognito
dg - i wish you had given us a checkbox for this one.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
dustinzgirl said:
I think that the written word, signed, sealed and delivered, will always be stronger than spoken or song.
pick 3

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
YOu boys are always messing up my intellectual post with your perversivety.

Morelos: Uh, whats a check box, I just figured out the poll thing last night. LOL

The spoken word is gone moments after it is said. A song fades with time and memory. Writing is recorded history.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
dustinzgirl said:
it all depends on the song i chose it because you listen to bands such as korn and you shall reolise what they mean and the wayit is sung makes it more powerfull

morelos

lexicon incognito
dg said:
Morelos: Uh, whats a check box, I just figured out the poll thing last night. LOL
lol; it's the "allow users to choose multiple options" option.

that's how i made it so you could "check off" hiawatah OR red october in my other poll.

~ dan ~

YUCK FOU!!! said:
it all depends on the song i chose it because you listen to bands such as korn and you shall reolise what they mean and the wayit is sung makes it more powerfull
Shiggity shwa? If we want to talk about songs being powerful and poetic, and moving and changing and... just worth something, I wouldn't say Korn. I'm sorry. To each their own in musical tastes, and Korn may move you, but I don't think it's even on the scale of songs of great importance and power for the masses.

Let's talk Johnny Cash. Let's talk Elvis, the Beatles, Beethoven, Bach, War, the Sex Pistols, the Ramones...

But Korn? WTF?

dustinzgirl said:
The spoken word is gone moments after it is said. A song fades with time and memory. Writing is recorded history.
The spoken word and reverberate in the mind and change souls. Speeches have been turning points in history. As can a song.

Written word can be burned, deleted, discounted and forgotten. All of them can be destroyed or canceled out.

But they're all effective and potent. You do them a disservice by trying to put one on a pedestal over the other, as does anyone pushing hard for one over the others in this particular debate.

morelos

lexicon incognito
karl marx
martin luther king, jr.
harry chapin

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
They are all the same.

The poet is the notes and melody of the songwriters fingers and the song often becomes the speakers heart. They all relate to one another, they are all tied together and fact one in the same.

There for I can not vote on this one

magnolia

Postaholic
I say the written word for two reasons,
1) once something is written, it becomes history to be remembered by all for generations.
2) Spoken words can be forgotten but written words are always there in some capacity
3) Song lyrics only reach so many ppl. If it is something written that is a big deal, at least it will make it on the evening news.

If the spoken word is powerful enough, it will go straight to the heart and will be remembered.
The written word can be burned, deleted, or destroyed.
Songs/lyrics can be destroyed

i have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about.