Discuss What is Vault 7?

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
From the Pentagon Papers to Watergate, the Iraq War Logs to Snowden, we now have Wikileaks' Vault 7. After a series of cryptic messages by Wikileaks, we now have the answer to 'What is Vault 7?'. The first part in a series of the Vault 7 documents, named "Year Zero", consists of approximately 8,700 documents and files directly from the CIA's isolated high-security network at Langley, Virginia.

With this information we can see HOW the CIA collects information, destroys information and spies on targets. This is important in order to determine scope and legality of the CIA's operations domestically as well as overseas. Within the documents is a list of projects, operations and tools that the CIA uses to accomplish everything from hacking wifi networks with your smart phone to taking control of your Smart TV and Smart Car. Little imagination is needed to see how these capabilities could be exploited by an agency with an agenda. Furthermore, it may make you wonder if you have ever been inadvertently part of a CIA operation or the subject of an investigation.

READ MORE...
http://www.libertyforjoe.com/2017/03/what-is-vault-7.html?m=0
----------------------------------

I'd like to know what you all think about the latest leaks... and what kind of picture it paints in conjunction with the Snowden revelations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
They have some of the coolest project names. Weeping Angels seems like they took the name from Doctor Who based on what it does. I didnt expect their workers to be that hip.

• 2Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Means nothing beyond what we already know. Snowden wasn't lying. You cant un-ring that bell. They can watch you from space. They can listen to your every word. They know where you were yesterday and with the right algorithms they can predict where you'll be tomorrow. People don't care. They didn't build a million square foot hard drive in Utah to save their high scores of Tetris.

• 3Agree
  • 1Hug
Reactions: 3 users

Jung

???
Premium
None of this is terribly surprising.

Imo, the most interesting thing here is the reliance on malware to bypass encrypted messaging, rather than attacks on the encrypted services.

• 2Agree
  • 1Helpful

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Just for the heck of it, I installed the 32-bit versions of Notepad++ versions 7.3.2 and 7.3.3. The only difference between the SciLexer.dll files is the Link Checksum and a few hundred extraneous bytes at the end of each file that are not even mapped to the virtual address space. Both versions of Notepad++ create a ScintillaWin object indirectly by creating a window of class "Scintilla". This class is registered by SciLexer.dll when the DLL attaches to the process. Sending messages to this window has the same effect as calling Scintilla_DirectFunction() which is the only function exported by the DLL.

:kickcan:

• 2Like
  • 1Helpful

MaxPower

Sweep the leg
Staff
In Notepad++ 7.3.3 and above, the EXE checks for a valid certificate in scilexer.dll. If it fails this check. Notepad++ will not launch.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: 1 user

Jose Nadala MD

Banned - What an Asshat!
The CIA use iMacs and BBEdit. Don't you watch NCIS?

EDIT: That's Big-Brother-Edit;
not the Mac web designer code editor suite known as BareBonesEdit

EDIT EDIT: Why was my punchline edited out?

Last edited: