WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What Kind of Mouse

What kind of mouse do you use?

• Old School Mouse (3 buttons)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Scroll Mouse (non-optical)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corded Optical Mouse

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Cordless Mouse

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Ball Mouse

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Mac Mouse (ew...)

• No mouse, Keyboard only

• I have a touch screen

• Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
What kind of mouse do you use? I was just curious i use a wireless optical mouse built for laptops (so it's small). I might get a new ball mouse soon since my friend is trying to sell me on why they are so much better and gamers use them or something. I don't know.

Check all that apply about your mouse

bnccoder

Postaholic
You might want to add a poll so we can check them. I've got a 5 button Logitech Trackball Optical.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
when i made it i hit submit thread and got taken to the poll page, i set it up and hit submit and then i got an error so i figured screw it. then i just realized that the thread got posted. ill post a new one with a poll on it

Jung

???
Premium
What poll options do you want?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have a logitech optical mouse.

It's nice.

Jung

???
Premium
bnccoder said:
I might get that one for my next mouse. It looks promising, does it work well?
Yeas, I like it a lot. It's great for games, and the mouse acceleration means you hardly have to move the mouse at all. It did take a bit getting use to, but I turned the acceleration up almost to the max.

One caveat though; the serials that start with LZB have charging problems, but Logitech will do an RMA. Actually, they just send you a whole new mouse without even asking for the other one back. Just look out for those serials if you buy in person. If you buy online it's really negligible anyway, as you won't be out of a mouse.

I already did an RMA on mine, but the charging problem wasn't that bad at all, I still got about a week and 1/2 out of a charge, I get about 2 - 2 1/2 with the new one.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up getting it. I'll be sure to watch for the serial too.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
junglizm said:
Yeas, I like it a lot. It's great for games, and the mouse acceleration means you hardly have to move the mouse at all. It did take a bit getting use to, but I turned the acceleration up almost to the max.

One caveat though; the serials that start with LZB have charging problems, but Logitech will do an RMA. Actually, they just send you a whole new mouse without even asking for the other one back. Just look out for those serials if you buy in person. If you buy online it's really negligible anyway, as you won't be out of a mouse.

I already did an RMA on mine, but the charging problem wasn't that bad at all, I still got about a week and 1/2 out of a charge, I get about 2 - 2 1/2 with the new one.
can you actually play games well with the acceleration that high. ive tried turning myn up but im not good at it. i guess you just got to do it and get used to it over time...

i just turned myn up, it feels so loose, my old settings felt tight and controlling, it feels like i barely have a mouse now

Jung

???
Premium
At first i had to use an app called Logigamer for games, but I got used to it and just play them with those settings now. Logigamer is a cool app though, it'll let you set different profiles for different apps.

Edit: http://www.logigamer.com for those interested.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
awesome, i might upgrade to the mouse you use, is a lot better than mine in several areas. im getting used to high sensitivity on desktop, but when i play fps's with the sensitivity way up i get lost (literally). i move my mouse about an inch and uh oh im facing hte wrong direction. im going to try to get used to it though since its less hand movement and probably leads to more skill.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Two buttons and a ball. Nothin fancy. This POS system is 5 years old. :rolleyes:

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Logitech MX 700

This is the mouse I use. I love it, it fits my hand perfectly. I especially love the curved area for my thumb to sit in, most comfortable mouse ever.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
i got optical mice on both my laptop and desktop... my laptop one is smaller(designed for laptops) and the scroller can be pressed to act as button 3...

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Intelli-mouse Explorer 3.0

It kicks ass. I had one that crapped out, and I looked and looked all over the net for a replacement. I found one at the local Staples on clearance for like $15. :thumbsup: