WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What made you smile today? [2017-2019]

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I've been up since 4 AM on my day off for no apparent reason. Reading internet dribble wondering why I don't pick up a book instead. Or maybe rub one out and try try TRY to find sleepytime again.

Does that seem like anything to smile about? Well, here. Have a fake sarcastic smile you needy sum bitch!

:fakesarcasticsmile:

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Accidentally having Thanksgiving off work so hubby and I get to celebrate our first one together. I'm going to inhale homemade pumpkin pie and cheesecake. :drool:

• 1OH YEAAHH!
Reactions: ThisIsBananas

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Amazon offering free 1 day shipping on items I just ordered on Thanksgiving so I took it. They say it'll arrive Friday, Tomorrow. This wasn't needed at all.

But then I'm thinking how horrible that is, that they have people in the US working today only because of their silly free promotions. I hope they're making special holiday pay.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
The store is open until 3:00 this afternoon but I don't have to work today. Good thing because I closed last night and I feel like shit. Boss and coworker Dave are handling the duties for premium pay. There's not much 'work' to do and they'll be out of there by noon or shortly thereafter. And they're only 5 or 10 minutes from home/Thanksgiving destination.

• 1Beer
  • 1Like
Reactions: Bridgette and BRiT

ThisIsBananas

Silly Face!
The store is open until 3:00 this afternoon but I don't have to work today. Good thing because I closed last night and I feel like shit. Boss and coworker Dave are handling the duties for premium pay. There's not much 'work' to do and they'll be out of there by noon or shortly thereafter. And they're only 5 or 10 minutes from home/Thanksgiving destination.
You need to stop worrying about work when you aren't at work. Everything can be dealt with on your next shift.

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
While all my other fellow nightshift workers were bitching about the place and had not so good appraisals, my boss gave me a glowing appraisal. Saying I'm a "brilliant worker" and should be "proud" of how good of a carer i am. I absolutely work my ass off and it's so nice to be noticed for it. I did a little jig in front of my boss. :jig:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
While all my other fellow nightshift workers were bitching about the place and had not so good appraisals, my boss gave me a glowing appraisal. Saying I'm a "brilliant worker" and should be "proud" of how good of a carer i am. I absolutely work my ass off and it's so nice to be noticed for it. I did a little jig in front of my boss. :jig:
Do you do the same care stuff you were doing state side? Were there any requirements/liscensing issues with your relocation? If I remember correctly, when @MaxPower and Vicky got together, it was easier for Max to do his thing over there than it was for her to emmigrate to the US and be a lawyer/barrister. Just curious.

Also, thread relevant: The family cooked a kettle of soup this weekend and I brought some in to work today and everyone who tried it had complimentary things to say. The highlight was the paint crew from Chicago never having had heard of nor tried Turtle Soup before and claiming to have liked it too.

Bridgette

|Firestarter|
Do you do the same care stuff you were doing state side? Were there any requirements/liscensing issues with your relocation? If I remember correctly, when @MaxPower and Vicky got together, it was easier for Max to do his thing over there than it was for her to emmigrate to the US and be a lawyer/barrister. Just curious.

Also, thread relevant: The family cooked a kettle of soup this weekend and I brought some in to work today and everyone who tried it had complimentary things to say. The highlight was the paint crew from Chicago never having had heard of nor tried Turtle Soup before and claiming to have liked it too.

Yeah, with us, Mark earns 2/3 of our income and he also has certifications that are invalid in the US. For spousal, or even fiance, visas, there's a specific annual income you have to have to basically state you can financially sponsor your foreign partner so they aren't utilizing resources or benefits from the government, taking away from actual residents of that country. I didn't make enough for that and Mark makes around twice that. And while I did have my MAC 1 & 2 certification in the US, I had to go through an entire care certificate here to get me back up to that level again. I actually earn more with my job here, and I am moving forward to work towards my NVQ 2 then followed by my NVQ3 -- which is courses and certification here to become a Senior, which is the equivalent of my supervisor at my previous job. So I actually have more opportunities to progress here. :)