WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What made you smile today? [2017-2019]

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
All of those years working in the dairy department, I fucking hated people asking for egg boxes. My philosophy was if we have 'em, we have 'em and if we don't, we don't. Constant phone calls asking for egg boxes. "Save them for me!" "Put my name on them!" Even "I SPEND $300 A WEEK IN YOUR STORE AND YOU WILL SAVE EGG BOXES FOR ME!" Like I was supposed to keep a list of people wanting egg boxes. And some complained that they were broken down and folded and had to buy tape to put them back together. I had a dairy department to run. Two milk orders, a iced tea order, the egg order and the warehouse order. I had to unload and organize that shit AND stock the shelves. And it's not like you can leave a bunch of cardboard trash sitting around and cluttering-up the place. Put that shit in the baler where it belongs.

So it gave me great pleasure today to tell two people asking (me, the meat man) for egg boxes that eggs don't come in boxes anymore. They come in collapsible plastic crates that get sent back to the egg company.

CoprophagousCop

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Premium
I might have some salmonella chicken boxes for ya! If'n you catch me while I'm filling the chicken and before I head to the baler.
Actually, I was sort of kidding above. I worked as a meat clerk for years so I know the pain. I had no problem giving people boxes if they asked me while I was putting up the load, but they would often ask in the late afternoon or evening. I would just have to tell them that all of the boxes from the morning have already been crushed and bailed. Fortunately, people rarely thought of asking us to save boxes for them ahead of time. When I was preparing to move, I was able to save fifty, large, identical sized and shaped boxes for myself over the course of a few months. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: Stardust and Scooter

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Actually, I was sort of kidding above. I worked as a meat clerk for years so I know the pain. I had no problem giving people boxes if they asked me while I was putting up the load, but they would often ask in the late afternoon or evening. I would just have to tell them that all of the boxes from the morning have already been crushed and bailed. Fortunately, people rarely thought of asking us to save boxes for them ahead of time. When I was preparing to move, I was able to save fifty, large, identical sized and shaped boxes for myself over the course of a few months. :)
Over here we use banana boxes! The stores always sets some aside for customers.

As for what made me smile today, Freyas is home again!

Gone-A-Ria

Girls are great!
I'm in the middle of divorcing my husband. How much does a mail order bride cost? Do I need wife insurance? Air travel insurance? I just don't know and I' have asian fetish!

• Sad
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Over here we use banana boxes! The stores always sets some aside for customers.
Last I heard (a couple years ago), bananas were the #1 selling item in our stores but I don't know if it's the same now. Merchandising strategies have changed. We had bananas in produce (of course), a banana stand in dairy and a couple banana stands at the front checkouts but I don't see the banana stands anymore. Thirty years ago, the top-selling items were gallons of whole or 2% milk and whatever 2 liter Coke or Pepsi was on sale. LOL Anyway, almost all of the banana boxes are reappropriated for damages/returns, donations and tearing down displays.

Boss is trying to coddle me. He feels bad that he had to schedule me a long workweek and I don't have my usual Tuesday day off. Yesterday he said "Come on, Scooter, you worked hard enough today. Leave that for the boys to do." I only had 15 minutes left and I wasn't going to stand around and do nothing. Today, he asks me if I want to go out for a smoke when I only have a half hour left. No, there's too much to do that I won't get done because the boys didn't do it yesterday. I could have stayed an extra hour and gotten it done but Mama (store manager) doesn't approve of overtime and I'd have to cut it.

Meh, I'm working 7 days in a row but only 8 hour shifts. I came home today with a fresh case of beer and I have a chuck roast ready to eat in the crock pot. I ain't suffering.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Premium
Sdust. The trick is to keeping Freya engaged with you. Give her reasons to focus on you at command. Treats, pets, accolades and a free leash all tell her you are happy with her.

So a taught leash tells her she needs to pay more attention to you, she will expect the command and when she turns to you slightly :) wa-la she slacks the leash! No more arm jerking walks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
@Crazizniac thanks, and I know. She’s a pretty good walker already, it’s just the “hurryupOMGineedtogettherenow!” We need to train out of her, that it’s still going to be there with normal walking.

Reactions: Crazizniac