WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What made you smile today? [2017-2019]

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
The last couple of days at work have been rough and my head and my heart haven't been totally into it. Today was a better day where I felt like myself. There was an emotional moment. Coworker Dave's Mom came in to tell me she'll miss me and gave me a hug. She lives in a development right up the road and stops-in a couple or so times a week for shopping or just to say HI. She's there to see Dave but she likes to talk with me and I like to talk with her. I had to fight back the tears.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Second day at my new store. And the new meat manager is going on vacation for a week. LOL (Same at my old store because Boss is on vacation for the next TWO weeks. My replacement should be able to handle it because he has experience and a good crew around him.) Me? I don't know what I have, exactly. I sort of know two of them and they're solid. The rest are part-timers who might be good or bad. And I haven't exactly had much interaction with the store management team. That's somewhat disappointing but I rightly don't give a fuck.

I know what I'm doing, so no real worries but I'm overwhelmed with anxiety and nervousness and feeling out of place. HOWEVER, it doesn't suck that one of my best friends in life is the new deli manager. A familiar face, familiar humor and seeing each other at work. It's fucking priceless. :)

CoprophagousCop

Old and bold and doesn't do what he's told.
Premium
Disclaimer: Although what I am about to write did make me smile today, I would have rather posted this to the Windows 10 fucking sucks thread, but that thread was unfortunately closed due to some loser trolling it.

To clarify what I had previously written, when I right click on the Start/Windows button and select Shut down or sign out -> Restart, the next time I boot up Windows 10, the System Boot Time correctly shows the date and time of when Windows just started. If I unplug my computer while Windows is running (I have to do this often because it locks up.), the System Boot Time is also correct the next time I boot up. However, if I shut down my computer by selecting Shut down or sign out -> Shut down, the System Boot Time is wrong the next time I boot up. It still shows the last time I started Windows by selecting Restart or just after I had unplugged my computer. It seems that when I gracefully shut down Windows 10, it stores something to tell itself not to reset the System Boot Time the next time around. This makes no freakin' sense!
The problem is that, by default, Windows 10 uses what it calls "Fast Startup". When you select Shut down or sign out -> Shut down, Windows 10 copies the RAM to the hard drive before shutting down. Upon starting up, this memory is copied back to RAM, including the old System Boot Time.

To fix the problem go into the Control Panel and click Hardware and Sound. Then click Power Options. Then click Choose what the power buttons do. Then click Change settings that are currently unavailable.. Uncheck the Turn on fast startup (recommended). Finally, click Save changes.

FastStartup.png

With "Fast Startup" turned on, it took my Windows 10 computer about ten seconds to boot up and ten seconds to shut down.

With "Fast Startup" turned off, it takes my Windows 10 computer about ten seconds to boot up and two seconds to shut down. :)

My system has a 32 GB solid state drive, 2 GB of RAM, and a 2.4 GHz Pentium processor. After boot up, only about 750 MB of the 20 GB of Windows 10 is loaded into RAM. If you have a solid state drive, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND turning off the so-called "Fast Startup" crap!

My thanks go to this YouTube video:

:)

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Worked my socks off today and in the last room I kept seeing bits of weeeeed and thought god I hope I find a nice big bud in a minute, well that didn't happen but it one of the drawers I found 3 fat joints, the Rover is happy for free bud... The Rover would take this everyday.

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
Worked my socks off today and in the last room I kept seeing bits of weeeeed and thought god I hope I find a nice big bud in a minute, well that didn't happen but it one of the drawers I found 3 fat joints, the Rover is happy for free bud... The Rover would take this everyday.
Where do you work?

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I viewed for the second time and accepted a much nicer flat to movie into (that means apartment to you American noobs) omg Its beautiful and so big, the bedroom is about the size of my current flat, I won't know what to do with myself, probably cartwheels

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
Read dead redemption 2, got some nice horses, huntin, shooting bad guys, fishin. I’m set to do one thing and suddenly it’s 4hours later.

YogurtExplosion

Sniper Wolf
Read dead redemption 2, got some nice horses, huntin, shooting bad guys, fishin. I’m set to do one thing and suddenly it’s 4hours later.
I never heard of Read Dead Redemption 2, but I have heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 was good, if a bit slow.

Stardust

How am I still alive
Premium
I never heard of Read Dead Redemption 2, but I have heard that Red Dead Redemption 2 was good, if a bit slow.
I just woke up, are ya pulling my leg? Because I can’t see the difference. You fuckin with me?

Also, it is a bit slow, but I love it. It’s not “you’re the chosen one you MUST save the world as it ends in two days!”, yet if you don’t do the main quest 100 of days can go. False sense of urgency in game is such a gameboner killer. You can fuck off into the wilderness and hunt for days, attack bandit layouts etc.

• 1WTF!?
Reactions: YogurtExplosion