What made you smile today? [2020-2021]

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
I love fall because of the beautiful, cold weather. I get to put on a jacket, watch the brown and tan leaves fall on the ground, enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving, and eat pumpkin pie and drink pumpkin spice lattes.

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
I love fall because of the beautiful, cold weather. I get to put on a jacket, watch the brown and tan leaves fall on the ground, enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving, and eat pumpkin pie and drink pumpkin spice lattes.
I think you are four months ahead of yourself. Summer is just beginning. Stop smiling about fall!

• 1LOL
Reactions: 1 user

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Prime day was good to me. I love my new air fryer! Used it for the first time today and didn't make my kitchen ungodly hot like the oven.
Air Fryers are the BOMB!
My wife makes these Vietnamese chicken wings,sweet and crunchy and just absolutely awesome,
you can cook damn near anything in an Air Fryer that would make it taste better,
Here is the recipe if you want to make them wings,
a little bit of work..but well worth it..

Air Fryer Vietnamese Sweet & Savory Umami Wings Recipe​

• Prep time: 10 minutes
  • Cook time: 30 minutes
  • Serves: 4

INGREDIENTS​

• 2.25 Pounds Wings (18 Flats and Drumettes)
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
  • ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
SAUCE
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 2 Tablespoons Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Red Boat Fish Sauce
  • ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
  • ½ Teaspoon White Vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon Water
  • 2 Scallions, chopped

METHOD​

• 1)
    In a large bowl, combine 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch, ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, ¼ Ground Black Pepper and stir to combine. Toss the wings to coat evenly. Brush the basket with a little bit of oil so the wings don’t stick and place the wings into the airfry basket.
    **Make sure you are using Baking Powder and NOT Baking Soda – baking soda will make the wings inedible.
  • 2)
    Choose Air Fry at 400°F for 30 Minutes, flip half way through. When the wings are almost done cooking, make the sauce. Use a large non-stick pan and heat 2 Tablespoons of Oil on medium-high heat, add 3 Minced Garlic Cloves and shake the pan constantly to keep the garlic moving, when it starts to brown a little, drain the garlic onto a colander lined with a paper towel and set aside. Use the same pan and add 1 Tablespoons Red Boat Fish Sauce, ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar, ½ Teaspoon White Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon Water, use medium heat and let the sauce simmer for about 2-3 minutes, the sugar should be melted and the sauce should look like syrup – toss in the chopped Scallions and turn off the heat. Add the wings and fried garlic and toss to evenly coat the wings in the sauce. Garnish with sliced Thai chilis if you like them spicy. Enjoy!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Karysma

Jaded
I completed a project today at work and it was awesome. The people I did it for are amazed that I've only been working admin on this crm since October. I've learned so much and keep learning everyday.

I've also learned today how I sabatoge myself and fall into imposter syndrome. And how to work past that and be kinder to myself. Totally amazed that self awareness made me smile for once.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Being caught up with the bills and getting debt free all at once and still have play money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
I saw a PS4 Pro on sale for $350. I'll just wait and get a PS5, since it plays the few PS5 exclusive games currently out, and just about all of the PS4 games.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Ocean City, Maryland’s fireworks display accidentally went off this morning. ALL Of It. At Once.

• 1LOL

Scooter

Inventory Monday was a bit of a struggle. Going in at 2:00 in the morning sucks. It took us longer than usual but it wasn’t so bad. And our numbers were good - 2% shrink of an allowed 3.5%. Boss and I didn’t do much other than that. We broke down yesterday’s truck and today’s. That was some work but we left most of the stocking to others. And if it doesn’t get done, we don’t fucking care.

Also, I’m off for the rest of the week. Me Time!

• 1OH YEAAHH!

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
33 minutes later:

How does one double post like this? :)

(Also, I have had jobs where I worked from 10pm to 6am.)
The internet on my phone wasn't responding for some reason. On the first post, I quoted Scooter's post and then accidentally posted without a response. I tried to edit, but it wouldn't submit for some reason. I eventually made another post, then edited the original to make it looks less ridiculous.

Working night shift doesn't really compare. Waking up in the evening is much easier than waking up in the morning.

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Working night shift doesn't really compare. Waking up in the evening is much easier than waking up in the morning.
Difficulty in waking depends on when one goes to bed and falls asleep. What really sucks are swing shifts like @Scooter mentioned going to work at 2 am when he is used to working during the day. Working the night shift sucked occasionally when I needed to go to an appointment or do something during the day. I would go home after work and set my alarm to wake me up again in about four hours. Then I would sleep another four or so hours in the evening. Unfortunately, this split sleeping routine has become my life now, because I have trouble sleeping when I want to sleep and trouble staying awake when I want to be awake. Sorry, this does not make me smile.

• 1Agree

Scooter

It depends who you are and how young you are. I worked night shift in my 20’s because I didn’t want to get up in the morning.

Difficulty in waking depends on when one goes to bed and falls asleep. What really sucks are swing shifts like @Scooter mentioned going to work at 2 am when he is used to working during the day. Working the night shift sucked occasionally when I needed to go to an appointment or do something during the day. I would go home after work and set my alarm to wake me up again in about four hours. Then I would sleep another four or so hours in the evening. Unfortunately, this split sleeping routine has become my life now, because I have trouble sleeping when I want to sleep and trouble staying awake when I want to be awake. Sorry, this does not make me smile.

It wasn’t a swing shift for me, I just had to wake up a couple hours earlier. And I almost overslept because I forgot to set my alarm. LOL

It took a while but I became a morning person.

Night crew was good for me but I had things to do throughout the day. Splitting up my sleep was a usual. It wore me out.

beef_roller

The Pizza-Slinger
You should be asking why this made @[email protected] smile today? Or how is this related to @beef_roller?
WTF?? Boy do I seem to miss a lot when I deal with IRL for a minute.

They were referring to an old thread where I was talking about a paedo that had a connection to my family. They should've PMd me about it... but I don't think I would have told them anything. Their info is way off.

I see they got themselves banned though lol... that made me smile today.

• 1LOL