What made you smile today? [2020-2022]

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I had a good day at work at my new store! It was my first Sunday working there and my manager was off, we were a little short on help, so I was expecting the worst. We did what we had to do when we had to do it and things just kind of fell into place.

I took a moment to chat with my Perishable Store Manager. I know him from my old store. He worked there for a year before he was somewhat promoted and transferred. I told him: "I used to walk into work with supreme confidence, knowing that I could handle anything the day threw at me. I want to feel that way again."

BeautifulSniper

Lovely And Deadly
I had a pretty easy day today. Went to the grocery store after work and bought chicken, cole slaw, and potato salad for my family.

Scooter

A friend from work and I went to see Gov't Mule last night and it was fucking AMAZING. It's his favorite band and because he's a bad influence (lol) they're a new obsession for me. I didn't drink as much as I normally would but I smoked a lot of pot.

This is a pic from their second song of the night: Bad Little Doggie.

doggie-2.jpg

Scooter

I needed to get beer and cigarette tubes, so I was going to walk up there to the beer store anyway. I stopped at the independent grocery store to maybe find something for dinner. I always look for a former store manager I used to work with. He's retired and works there for something to do. I know where to find him but he was already gone for the day. (also, his wife works at my new store. i've seen her but haven't had a chance to reintroduce myself. i worked with her at another store over 20 years ago) I ALWAYS check out the meat department because of course, I'm the Meatman and You Still Suck.

I saw the meat guy cleaning up and finishing off his day. I smiled and waved. I checked out the cuts of meat and the prices. Their prices are comparable, if not considerably cheaper than my large chain store. It's a great place to shop! I found a nice sirloin tip steak for $4.49/lb. It's a mid-tier piece of meat but good luck finding any cut of beef for that price. They have t-bones on sale at $9.99/lb and I was checking out their chuck eye steaks at $7.99/lb.

Anyway, the meat guy came out to straighten the cases and I initiated a conversation with him. It was a nice talk. Definitely NOT something or someone that he expected to encounter but I wanted to bring something to his attention.

* @BudVugger, see what I mean? I forced myself to work through my head and type out one thought after another. I'm a meandering motherfucker.

RebelBuddha

Kre8orOfChaos
The look on the cock-suckers face when I passed him, got in front and forced him to get in the right lane.... and then getting back to the speed limit before he could pass me on the right.

Glorious.

Scooter

I was texting with a friend, a guy I used to work with at another store after work today. I called him and asked him if he wanted to go out for dinner. My Treat. A meeting of the meatheads.

Scooter

I went up to my buddy in the deli this morning. "That little thing in the bakery is giving me SENSATIONS in the groinal area. I might have to go home and get my dick out."

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Bopping my head up and down to Stand By Me by Ben E King with a parrot and giving her some smoke. It might sound bad but she get as excited about a puff of smoke as she does a tangy cheese Dorito