What made you smile today? [2020-2022]

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Yesterday was a day off and I was feeling a little antsy, so I dialed up a ride on the Short Bus to go to a local shopping center. One of our stores is there and I was hoping to see a former meat manager who (now) works there in semi-retirement. I hold him in the highest regard. I tell people that I learned from the best and his name is first on the list. He was working and we had a nice chat.

Also, there's a woman who still works there ... she used to babysit me. Whenever my name comes up, she says "I used to change his diapers. He was a good and happy little boy." LOL I'm surprised but not surprised that she recognized me because I look a little different from the last time I saw her and that was going on 7 or 10 years ago.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I decided to rename myself "suicide" on neo:ball to test how good I am. So every time I get 2 goals in front I let them get the 2 goals back and another 1 to go in front and then I try to get 2 goals in front again and so forth and I have to make sure I let them win. One dude just now figure out what I was doing and started refusing to get goals at the end, some people are sweet.

I've also renamed myself monster few times where I just have to use every ounce of my fucking reflexes and destroy the person with incredible moves, I have not yet lost as monster and if I do I will lose that name. Fair?

My main name is spun but do also sometimes go by cease, well in fact cease was an earlier incarnation of monster

Yes I am mental. It's just a game.

Some of my friends and fellow neo ball crazies on neo ball include

Dracula
Core
Jotes
Oldbear
Soffi
Captain
Iron
Easy
Simplici

Shit some more, I forget

Last edited:

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Took two Valium last night, never took this shit before..

Slept for motherfucking 13 hours, feel so chill today.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
At my previous store, we had Old Man Robert to stock the hotdog case Monday through Friday. He was awesome - he rotated and checked dates and knew how to correct inventory counts in the system. He ended up quitting because he was dealing with some health issues. When he was feeling better, he wanted to get his job back but we already had someone reliable.

Turn the clock forward ... I got a text from my former manager Sunday afternoon. Robert wants his job back and do we need help at my new store. Well, we might not have room for him. I'll have to talk to my assistant store manager. (he knows Robert because he also used to work at my previous store) I was off yesterday and talked to my assistant store manager this morning and explained the situation. Turns out, Robert called yesterday and my assistant store manager told him he's hired and to come in to do his 'orientation'. "Fuck Yeah, I'm going to hire the guy! We don't have the labor dollars for him but there's no such thing as too much help in the meat department going into the holidays." Robert starts next Wednesday. :thumbsup:

AND we got new, modern service case scales today. That's somewhat exciting but something that should have already happened. This store is behind the times.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
New trainers .. I believe you in the state's call them "sneakers" for some odd reason

Maybe because ya all sneaking around causing mischief 🤣

Great, I can walk when it's been raining without my soles being instantly soaking wet and then nearly falling over because my old trainers had no tread on them

Did not take me as long as it has in the past to go trainer shopping, I found a pair of army green\white Reebok for 33 quid that are real comfy and fit absolutely perfect, as soon as I tried one on I was like "no way, I'm getting these"

Just dumped my old pair in bin in disgust.. yeah I really put this off as long as possible, I hate having to spend money on stuff 😂

Last edited:

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
That dinner was a success, both ducks tasted great, the one from the air fryer (Five Spice) cooked a little crispier in less time, the oven (Spike) was good, just not kwispy like I wanted...maybe next time I might try a Peking duck Or Cantonese style recipe,
Also made a lemon curd cheesecake the day before,today I made the candied yams, mashed taters and deep fried tater skins, stuffing with duck gravy.

Fuck I'm feeling fat and tired..:D
And Christmas is just days away ...lol